HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 10:53 PM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Thanks. Good news for the Oiler and Leaf fans that aren't keen on Luongo's 10 remaining years on his deal.

I know the Canucks need some 2nd line help, but trading away RL after how both he and Schneider have started the season would be a ballsy move.

Edit: Here is the quote for those interested.

I guess we'll see if another team moves a goalie in the next little bit.
Luongo has played quite well even without a win. Normally Luongo isn't very good in the shoot its anyways. Especially early in the season.

I know the Ducks have been good against Lu before this season anyways, but I still stand by the fact that he should have started that game. Lu has been our number 1 for 7 years and IMHO you don't just turn away from the guy due to a couple games last season.
He came into camp and was the best goalie in camp, I don't understand how it wasn't clear who should have started. Each goaltender should be playing to keep the job, and since neither has won, you go to the guy who has the rep and experience.

I'm a huge Schneider fan and want him as our goaltender going forward past this season, but at the moment Luongo is playing better and should be given as much of a chance as Cory to be this teams number 1.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Has Ryan Miller had a better season than Luongo more than once in his career?

Van's goalies are not much of an upgrade?

Too funny.
Well looking at the stats the first two games. Why would we trade for Luongo and his contract when Scrivens has given up 3 goals in 2 games?? He's fine, we don't need Luongo.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Well looking at the stats the first two games. Why would we trade for Luongo and his contract when Scrivens has given up 3 goals in 2 games?? He's fine, we don't need Luongo.
Basing your evaluation of players based on 2 games is ridiculous. Trade Lupul for Winnik, if that's how you roll.

But I'm not saying the Leafs should trade for Luongo at this point, either though. Just sayin'.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Basing your evaluation of players based on 2 games is ridiculous. Trade Lupul for Winnik, if that's how you roll.

But I'm not saying the Leafs should trade for Luongo at this point, either though. Just sayin'.
I don't give a rats ass what Luongo has done in the past, I'm looking at the goalie situation here right now. We don't need a goalie on a 10 year contract no matter who it is. Scrivens has done just fine in the AHL and so far in the first two games.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Shamalayan-esque twist!:

The player Gillis is waiting is a Canuck...and also, he's Keith Ballard.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
He does not even get 3 games in a row let alone a full season to prove himself with roberto around... you cant have a 5.3 million backup on the bench while cory tests the water for a full season.

How is he suppose to prove himself to robertos fans when they want roberto in net all the time, and av looks to be splitting duties again this season.

The only way cory gets a fair chance to prove himself is with roberto gone, and thats why trades are always a risk.

People say the market is unfair to roberto, his fans are going to make this market even worse for cory. Think about how many chances roberto got before he took this team to game 7. People are already calling him (cory) a bust after his first game when half the best goalies in the league got pulled themselves this opening weekend.
I had a good chuckle at Farhans comment with the Moj earlier in regards to Vancouver fans being sophisticated when it comes to the goaltenders. He said more emotional than sophisticated.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Shamalayan-esque twist!:

The player Gillis is waiting is a Canuck...and also, he's Keith Ballard.
??????????

Old
01-21-2013, 11:05 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Agreed, Toronto did lose because of Miller tonight, he was fantastic! Miller is the best goalie in the world, bar none and no matter what goalie is in net at the other end they will NOT be better than him.

Leafs have to be more relentless with their attack when your facing the best goalie in the world. They sat back the first 2 periods and did nothing. They turned up the speed in the 3rd and scored 2 goals with another nice one from Kadri (and then the tying goal being called off). You can't expect to play 1 period against Miller and win when he is having a strong night in goal.
I agree that Miller is the best goalie of the world.

But i should add, there are also 5-10 other goalies in this league that we can call being the best in the world.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I don't give a rats ass what Luongo has done in the past, I'm looking at the goalie situation here right now. We don't need a goalie on a 10 year contract no matter who it is. Scrivens has done just fine in the AHL and so far in the first two games.
So, you're here to antagonize us then? Cool.

I WOULD HAVE YOU THINK THAT LUPUL IS OVER RATED SLIGHTLY! HARUMPH! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Back to reality though, people saying Scrivens has done fine so far, and based on his AHL performances that he will undoubtably continue that way, are usually the ones thinking they can get a rookie for peanuts since they have proven little. I'm not singling you out per se, I certainly don't remember you doing it, but heck, what would you offer for Schneider?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Agreed that the goalies in the east are the best in the business with Ryan Miller being the undisputed #1 in the NHL!

The issue is Luongo's contract is terrible and is he is not even close to being on Ryan Miller's level, neither is Schneider. No way Toronto takes any of Van's goalies, not much of an upgrade to what we have now.
You do realize in the past six years, Luongo has schooled Miller 5/6 in both SV% and GAA, yes?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:10 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankiller whale View Post
teams that aren't talked about...washington, detroit, ottawa, maybe philly still counts?

I'm as curious as anything to see a deal get done, despite my reservations on how wise a move it would be.
nyi? Cbj? A schneider deal instead? Could be lots of wrinkles.

I have a feeling the rest of the Luongo deal is Ballard to Ottawa for Bishop. Why else would Ottawa carry three goalies if Lehner is not subject to waivers? Why would we sign Vandermeer and Barker when we clearly need another D on the right?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
??????????
Oh, just my prediction...I called Edler at 5 somewhat sarcastically a few weeks ago, and it seems my Luongo for everything of value on the Leafs+Luongo back won't happen based on those quotes...so let's see. Ballards moved, then Luongo is moved and we take back more salary.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:11 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Karlsson moved...just sayin'.
Wow, 11M in goalies for the Flames? I just can't see it. It would be funny though.

Quote:
Brygalov...
Philly has been mentioned though and Gillis says it isn't who people expect.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk View Post
Extreme overpayment .. but that has already been covered.
Hawks need a solid back up goalie not a starter .. a 1B would be ok to challenge Crawford but not a vet like Lou.
I disagree. Chicago has been a dominate team since their cup run, yet goaltending always seems to falter. Only once have you guys managed to outscore your problems in route to the cup, and no offense, but one could make an argument Philly's equally awful goaltending assisted. I say this not to sell Luongo but just an opinion the Hawks need an actual starter goalie, be it Lu or whomever. Crawford is not that.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Wow, 11M in goalies for the Flames? I just can't see it. It would be funny though.

Philly has been mentioned though and Gillis says it isn't who people expect.
Maybe Kipper needs to be moved

Also, if no one's expecting it....Luongo to...the Canucks? What? Jokes...Anaheim? Carolina? Buffalo? Minnesota? St Louis? New York (Rangers)? Those would be unexpected.

Old
Crows*

Quote:
Oh, just my prediction...I called Edler at 5 somewhat sarcastically a few weeks ago, and it seems my Luongo for everything of value on the Leafs+Luongo back won't happen based on those quotes...so let's see. Ballards moved, then Luongo is moved and we take back more salary.
Why would gillis say they have to " wait" for their own player to be moved...?

Makes no sense

Old
Numbers

Quote:
Brygalov...
Gillis opened a roster spot today by sending Vandemeer to AHL and so far no one is called up, so that could be a sign as well.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Why would gillis say they have to " wait" for their own player to be moved...?

Makes no sense
I didn't mean to make sense with that post, just go with it, I guess.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Gillis opened a roster spot today by sending Vandemeer to AHL and so far no one is called up, so that could be a sign as well.
I think they have to wait for vandeemeer to make it through waivers before bringing Schroeder up.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:23 PM
marty111

Okay guys, I'm getting excited about this now...

Old
01-21-2013, 11:27 PM
John Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Okay guys, I'm getting excited about this now...

If Gillis is saying a trade might happen soon, it won't. He's saying it to drum up interest - why else would he say it? He also makes mention that lots will happen in the first month......which has been expanded from the first two weeks in his prior comments.

There is nothing but junk being offered and he is starting to panic, imo.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:28 PM
marty111

Surprise team is Detroit...

Roberto Luongo

Valterri Fippula, Xavier Ouellet, and conditional pick. [2nd in 2014 or 3rd in 2013]

Last edited by marty111: 01-21-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post

If Gillis is saying a trade might happen soon, it won't. He's saying it to drum up interest - why else would he say it? He also makes mention that lots will happen in the first month......which has been expanded from the first two weeks in his prior comments.

There is nothing but junk being offered and he is starting to panic, imo.
Source?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:29 PM
John Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Source?
Stan Grossman. (notice the "IMO").

Old
01-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Numbers