HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Other Chicago & General Sports Thread - Part XVI: IU WINS OUTRIGHT BIG TEN TITLE

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 01:36 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Good time at the Wolves/Aeros game tonight. Even bought myself a sweater, too.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:15 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The Wolves color scheme is fantastic. So much better than the generic garbage everyone else has.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:00 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Yeah, hard to go wrong with maroon (well, burgundy, really) and gold. Reason why I went with their colored aways instead of their home whites.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Hawkey39

That looked off it went off the skate

Old
01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Hawkey39

Wrote on the wrong thread :S

Old
01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
My Wolves jersey is signed by Stephen Baby. Pronounced BAH-bee.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:52 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Lot of rumbling on Twitter that the Sacramento Kings are on the verge of finally being sold to Chris Hansen, the primary driving force behind a return of the NBA to Seattle, bringing an NHL team to town, and building a new arena.

If true, that guarantees the construction of a new arena with partial public funding in Seattle, which thereby also opens the door for the NHL to return, which Seattle is widely assumed to be with Quebec City as the top two spots the league's considering.

And, if true, we all know what that means..... a million Chris Hansen "sit over there" jokes every time a Seattle-based NHL team faces the Nashville Predators.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Cullksinikers

Da Bulls, baby. Da ****ing Bulls. Love this team. Deng was out and Butler steps up. Rose is going to be soon cleared for full contact. Things are going to get even more exciting for the Bulls. Awesome game. Pulled away from the Lakers at the end. No soup for you, LA. Welcome to the block party.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Lot of rumbling on Twitter that the Sacramento Kings are on the verge of finally being sold to Chris Hansen, the primary driving force behind a return of the NBA to Seattle, bringing an NHL team to town, and building a new arena.

If true, that guarantees the construction of a new arena with partial public funding in Seattle, which thereby also opens the door for the NHL to return, which Seattle is widely assumed to be with Quebec City as the top two spots the league's considering.

And, if true, we all know what that means..... a million Chris Hansen "sit over there" jokes every time a Seattle-based NHL team faces the Nashville Predators.
I never meant any harm to the good fans in Sacramento. I just really wanted my own NBA team and the Maloofs were selling.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I never meant any harm to the good fans in Sacramento. I just really wanted my own NBA team and the Maloofs were selling.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Da Bulls, baby. Da ****ing Bulls. Love this team. Deng was out and Butler steps up. Rose is going to be soon cleared for full contact. Things are going to get even more exciting for the Bulls. Awesome game. Pulled away from the Lakers at the end. No soup for you, LA. Welcome to the block party.
Really satisfying game.

I said not too long ago (agreeing with someone else) that Butler probably isn't a good bet to be the future starting SF. Definitely rethinking that. Already a great defensive player, and his offense is looking better and better every game. Also a surprisingly good free throw shooter. They need to somehow get Butler some more minutes.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Really satisfying game.

I said not too long ago (agreeing with someone else) that Butler probably isn't a good bet to be the future starting SF. Definitely rethinking that. Already a great defensive player, and his offense is looking better and better every game. Also a surprisingly good free throw shooter. They need to somehow get Butler some more minutes.
You just give him more minutes. The rotation changes during the playoffs. You make sure Deng is as fresh as possible come playoff time.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Gotta love Jimmy. The shot will come with more minutes and confidence.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
You just give him more minutes. The rotation changes during the playoffs. You make sure Deng is as fresh as possible come playoff time.
Sounds easy when put that way but Thibodeau is stubborn. And with a resume like the one he has as a HC, it's tough to say he's wrong to be.
Still, Thibs usually is so intent on keeping Deng out there because of his defensive versatility, and Butler has shown to be comparable in that respect (which is saying a lot). We'll see.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:47 PM
massivegoonery

The Vendee Globe is getting nuts. Single-handed, around-the-world sailing race, due to finish in less than a week.

http://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/

Old
01-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
The Vendee Globe is getting nuts. Single-handed, around-the-world sailing race, due to finish in less than a week.

http://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/
So, how 'bout them Mets?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:17 AM
madgoat33

lakers are an absolute dumpster fire led by a I've dimensional coach. its hilarious to watch them fail over and over and over. Phil jackson is probably sitting at home laughing his ass off.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:29 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The Wolves color scheme is fantastic. So much better than the generic garbage everyone else has.
100% AGREED! Nice to see a team with some originality and some style. I was soo glad to see some of the NHL teams go back to their classic looks, Edmonton, Islanders, Flyers, all look SO much better then before. The Stars are next on the list, their current look is like a practice jersey, bring back the green and bring back the star.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:32 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Mike D'Antoni is a moron, he has taken one of the best 20 players in the NBA in Gasol and turned him into a waste. Gasol is one of the best low post players in the NBA but D'Antonis system doesn't allow for that? WHAT! That's like Dikta saying the Bears offense didn't call for Payton to run the ball, use your best players at their best position and to hell with your system.

Pau will get traded and whomever gets him will get a great player in the ultimate FU mode and he will kill for the rest of the year.

I am glad Seattle is getting a team back, should have never had it taken away, similar to Winnipeg, bad financial moves by the people in power and no new stadium and a good and loyal fan base lost their team.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:23 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
My Wolves jersey is signed by Stephen Baby. Pronounced BAH-bee.
The forward version of Danis-Papin

Old
01-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Illinihockey

Rose is rumored to be coming back to full participation in practice this week

Old
01-22-2013, 09:54 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

The entire Lakers organization is a mess. They specifically go out and acquire Howard, arguably the best d-man in the league, and then they hire a coach whose defensive philosophy is, "What the **** is defense?"

I don't even follow the NBA and even I WTF'd at that news when it happened. And yeah, they're effectively flushing Gasol down the toilet, too, for no reason.

But hey, still love seeing high and mighty franchises in any sport suddenly getting a humbling taste of reality.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:58 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

I like Kobe, Nash D12, and Pau, but screw D'Antoni. Never liked him. This will probably end his career.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:01 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I like Kobe, Nash D12, and Pau, but screw D'Antoni. Never liked him. This will probably end his career.
No arguably, it will. He's taking a team with three hall of famers right out of playoff contention.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:02 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I didn't know there were any non-Lakers fans that actually likes Kobe. Then again, I'm dealing with a Blackhawks, Duke basketball, and ND football fan, so no logic applies here.

Seriosuly though, who could like anyone with that stupid ass fake scowl?

Closed Thread