HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nikolai Kulemin

Old
01-21-2013, 11:27 PM
The Blue Devil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
It's not just his points, he's not even creating any chances. If this guy is going to play on the second line he has to produce something!
Well when you're winger is coughing up the puck at the blue-line it's kinda hard to produce offence donchya think? Or when your winger can't accept or make a simple pass? It's not all Grabo's fault that the line isn't producing.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
Yeah it has nothing to do with Kule's pathetic excuse for offense. FYI, anyone playing with Malkin is gonna put up points, he's kind of a big deal. It is amusing that you continue to crap on Grabo and say nothing about Kule. Another FYI, it's also harder to produce when your linemates aren't pulling their weight, kind of why they call it a TEAM game, unless of course your name is Crosby or Malkin.
Yeah the whole point about Kulemin's point production can be thrown out. I could score playing with Malkin LOL This is a short season, people are going to say it's only 2 games..we don't have time to give people a week or two to get going, these games mean a whole lot. If you're not producing you don't deserve the minutes. I'm really looking forward to see how he plays in Pittsburgh.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Well when you're winger is coughing up the puck at the blue-line it's kinda hard to produce offence donchya think? Or when your winger can't accept or make a simple pass? It's not all Grabo's fault that the line isn't producing.
I didn't blame Grabo...My point is about Kulemin.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:33 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Yeah the whole point about Kulemin's point production can be thrown out. I could score playing with Malkin LOL This is a short season, people are going to say it's only 2 games..we don't have time to give people a week or two to get going, these games mean a whole lot. If you're not producing you don't deserve the minutes. I'm really looking forward to see how he plays in Pittsburgh.
I agree, but you can't place the blame soley on 1 player. I agree that line line has to be switched up somehow. I'd like to see JVR get a chance with them, But I do fear what Kule would do to Kadri with his current "offensive abilities"(Kule). At the same time the change could turn out well for both parties.

Old
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Chill. It's been 2 games.

Grabo and his line always start off slow.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Pens fan (What? A Pens fan showing interest in Kulemin??) coming here in peace. Just wanted to know what your expectations are for Kulemin this year. Do you expect him to perform similar to the way that he did in the KHL, or do you think he might underperform like the way he did last season? He is one of the hardest players in the NHL to determine the value of, he is a previous 30 goal scorer but underwhelmed last season, then came back in the KHL and posted great numbers.

If it was the deadline and Toronto was willing to trade Kulemin, I'd offer Olli Maatta + Eric Tangradi + Robert Bortuzzo.

Thanks guys.
Holy **** done and done.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

So when do we stop "chillin" and start to worry? 3 games? 4 games? 5?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:34 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
I didn't blame Grabo...My point is about Kulemin.
OOHH my bad. I thought you were talkin about Grabo like Interactif.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
So when do we stop "chillin" and start to worry? 3 games? 4 games? 5?
Once Daniel Winnick isn't leading the NHL in goals.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Mr Scarface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

Chill? With the 48 game season?

I think not.

Start slow?

No time.

Mr Scarface* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:25 AM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post

I think not.

Start slow?

No time.
lol players on the other teams are going to be slow too. The AHL players are looking really good right now and thats because everyone is a little slow. I expect Kulemin to have another 30 goal season playing with Grabo, his work ethic is next to none. Takes couple games to get youst to the small ice.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post

I think not.

Start slow?

No time.
So essentially 3.4 (let's say 4) games would have went by in an 82 game schedule. Leafs were what, 4-0 to start the season last year? There's still a lot of time.

Eyedea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

I dont see a reason to tell people to chill. Kulemin sucked all last year. Yes we have the right to be anxious and frustrated with him even 2 games into this year.

Something is wrong with this guy, IDK what it is but wow... It feels like watching Space Jam when they steal the NBA players talents from them.

I have an unbiased point of view on him. Last year, and the years before (including his 30G year), he looked extremely timid with the puck everytime he had it. He is hesitant, has no puck poise, and bobbles the puck like its his best attribute. He scored 30 goals doing all of this. This is why i think something is seriously wrong with him.

Guy puts up near 60 points when you can clearly see so many problems with his game offensively. Freak year? Last year was an Anamolly i'm sure. Positive he is atleast a 20 goal winger based on his 2 years before his break-out, i would say hes capable of ATLEAST 15 goals.

Whats wrong with him? Need a change of Scenery? He's forgotten how to play. So much of his problems are based off puck poise and the fact he's a jitterbug with the puck. He had those problems in his 30 goal year though but he was overcoming it with his positioning (watch his goal highlights for 2010-2011, either a great shot or perfect positioning going to the net every play.)

Go to the net more, be scared less. Kulemin is probably my favourite Leaf. Only current leaf i have a jersey of. This is sad to see. Frattin is my 2nd favourite i hope he doesnt crash and burn too.

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

This is still a developing year lets remember, new system it takes players a while

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:33 AM
HellasLEAF
Bring back Killer

Not going to panic on Kulemin this soon I'm sorry. He's too good to continue to suck.

The whole lines' been poor.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Larcos_Unal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
Not going to panic on Kulemin this soon I'm sorry. He's too good to continue to suck.

How is he too good? Somebody explain this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was at the game last night, he did absolutely nothing with the puck and got outworked badly for the game winner bu Pominville. For a guy who's supposed to be defensively sound, he looked lost...not sure he'll ever score 20 again, nevermind 30.

Larcos_Unal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:50 AM
KPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post

He sucked all last year with only 7 goals in 70 games.

It's time to panic on Kulie, he's been terrible and should be demoted to 4th line IMO.

KPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:31 AM
HellasLEAF
Bring back Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPower View Post
He sucked all last year with only 7 goals in 70 games.

It's time to panic on Kulie, he's been terrible and should be demoted to 4th line IMO.
And the year before that he scored 30 goals and 100 hits. Was the hardest working player on the team.

2 games not enough to get the pitch forks out, especially as he's looked very good in spurts.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:45 AM
johnny_rudeboy

I am worried about Kulemin but no way I feel any need to panic. He played really well before his 30 goals season so it is really only last season and the start of this one that he have looked a little lost. I dont expect him to be a 30 goals scorer but more of a defensive forward able to put up close to 20 goals a season. He have not exactly lived up to that either but he have shown to be such a talented player who works so hard in the past that I am willing to give him a lot more time. I get a tear in my eye (well not really...) every time I see Steen play for the Blues, dont want something similar to be done with Kulemin.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:01 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Pens fan (What? A Pens fan showing interest in Kulemin??) coming here in peace. Just wanted to know what your expectations are for Kulemin this year. Do you expect him to perform similar to the way that he did in the KHL, or do you think he might underperform like the way he did last season? He is one of the hardest players in the NHL to determine the value of, he is a previous 30 goal scorer but underwhelmed last season, then came back in the KHL and posted great numbers.

If it was the deadline and Toronto was willing to trade Kulemin, I'd offer Olli Maatta + Eric Tangradi + Robert Bortuzzo.

Thanks guys.
Hate to say it, but I think it's time for Kulemin to be traded. Last season, he just wan't really "there" (as he was probably grieving the loss of so many friends in the plane crash at the begginning of last season), and this season, he seems to be a Jekyll/Hyde kind of player (played extremely well in the KHL, but seems lost right now since his return to the NHL).

I'd really hate to see him leave (howver he ends up leaving), but that just might be the beast thing, both for him and the Leafs.

As for your proposal, I don't like it. I'd rather the return be something in the neighborhood of Joe Morrow and the Penguins' 2013 1st rounder (as it's very likely going to be a late 1st), but I wouldn't expect that to fly with the Pens' GM (or their fan-base).

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Larcos_Unal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Hate to say it, but I think it's time for Kulemin to be traded. Last season, he just wan't really "there" (as he was probably grieving the loss of so many friends in the plane crash at the begginning of last season), and this season, he seems to be a Jekyll/Hyde kind of player (played extremely well in the KHL, but seems lost right now since his return to the NHL).

I'd really hate to see him leave (howver he ends up leaving), but that just might be the beast thing, both for him and the Leafs.

As for your proposal, I don't like it. I'd rather the return be something in the neighborhood of Joe Morrow and the Penguins' 2013 1st rounder (as it's very likely going to be a late 1st), but I wouldn't expect that to fly with the Pens' GM (or their fan-base).
I've had enough of that ****...I was back at work 2 days after my grandmother died and I didn't use it as an excuse for underperforming. You're a multimillion dollar earning professional for god's sake, get over it.

Larcos_Unal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:48 AM
jimmycarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcos_Unal View Post
I've had enough of that ****...I was back at work 2 days after my grandmother died and I didn't use it as an excuse for underperforming. You're a multimillion dollar earning professional for god's sake, get over it.
nice dude, class.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Erdinger

The Kulemin who scored 30 goals was a confident, dominant horse of a player, the 30 goals was just the icing on the cake. He just looks lost out there these days. A change of teams might be best for both him and the Leafs

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:10 AM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

Quote:
Coming around? There is hope for you.

Grabo is a big part of the 2nd line, if the line doesn't work, or skates miles and actually does not accomplish anything. Each member deserves equal parts of the blame. Since the wingers feed off the Center, some would say it all starts with the Center.

The entire line has been mediocre since their high point in 10-11, when they snuck up on teams. They haven't been able to reproduce this form since, care to disagree? Or am I onto something here?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

Quote:
Yeah it has nothing to do with Kule's pathetic excuse for offense. FYI, anyone playing with Malkin is gonna put up points, he's kind of a big deal. It is amusing that you continue to crap on Grabo and say nothing about Kule. Another FYI, it's also harder to produce when your linemates aren't pulling their weight, kind of why they call it a TEAM game, unless of course your name is Crosby or Malkin.
The entire 2nd line is only a 2nd line until Carlyle decides to promote Kadri, are you going to demote our best Center since the last 10 games last year and this year, Bozak 8 points in that span, and this year a goal this year besides being good all around. It's not his fault either Lupul and Kessel couldn't finish off great Bozie passes last night.

FYI, what does the entire 2nd line has been bad mean I haven't been critical of Kule.

Last edited by Interactif: 01-22-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote