HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 2: Blues at Predators 1/21/13 at 5:00 CST

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 08:52 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Even with the rough game, I still think Halak is the more skilled goalie. Halak seems to make some of the "easy" saves look way difficult, but then again, he makes some insane saves. Elliott makes saves look easy, but doesn't make as many "highlight" reel saves. Then again, he does make a lot of very difficult saves look easy.
I disagree, I really don't see Halak make that many "insane saves". I don't think he's nearly as good as most other people think but that's another story.

Love Elliott's compete level. Nice win especially with a tough game tomorrow.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:55 PM
SoulChaser17

I was watching a Predators feed, and even their announcers were repeatedly talking about how dangerous Tarasenko was. It was funny. It got to the point that they pretty much pointed out every time he was on the ice.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:55 PM
fst6
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Waiting all this time for Frank has paid off..

Old
01-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I disagree, I really don't see Halak make that many "insane saves". I don't think he's nearly as good as most other people think but that's another story.

Love Elliott's compete level. Nice win especially with a tough game tomorrow.
We'll agree to disagree then. I still think Halak is the guy to go to in the playoffs. I've seen him singlehandedly beat teams.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Just stopping by to say you have something special in Tarasenko. I am picking you guys to win the cup this year, and him to win Calder. Your depth and two-way play is like Preds on steroids, so I'm actually a big fan of your team. Great game tonight, and best of luck (except against us).

Old
01-21-2013, 09:42 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Thoughts on the game and season so far. Tarasenko is just what I had thought he was and hoped. He will become a great player. He is a goal scorer (at ANY level). He and Andy McDonald and Steen already have lots of good chemistry (especially considering they had only a few practises together before starting the season). Think of how they'll be clicking after 10 more games.

Pietrangelo, Perron, Halak (only 1 game) and the other players who did NOT play in The AHL or Europe are rusty, and need to get back their timing. The "ready" Blues will need to carry them for a few more games.

Detroit playing so poorly in Game 1, hurt The Blues in this game. They weren't really mentally prepared to have close competition. They got a wake-up call and it only cost them a 3rd point to The Preds (which, I believe, will not come back to hurt them). That wake-up call will help them be ready to play The Hawks in Chicago, tomorrow (their toughest test so far this season).

Ian Cole has made a few errors. But, overall, he has looked very poised and good. He's ready to hold down a Top 4 job. He hasn't looked out of place. Redden will just be a fill-in in a 5-man rotation in the bottom 5 defence positions, so Jackman can get his rest, and the others can stay fresh, and he'll fill in for injuries.

Stewart has looked good on both sides of the puck, and in all zones. Maybe he can be the forward we hoped we had gotten in the trade, and not be traded off.

Berglund, Oshie, Steen all look better with the puck than last season, and look like they'll be better finishers. Nice to see oshie and Steen both score on Rinne in the shootout. Not even getting to Tarasenko, Perron and McDonald in the shootout and still winning it is a VERY good sign. With Tarasenko added, and the young forwards ALL having one more year of shooting experience, and looking better bodes well for The Blues' chances to win more shootouts (one of their few weaknesses last season).

Elliott coming in cold, and playing so well under fire, is impressive, and a good sign.

Schwartz has looked decent on the ice. He's improving steadily. He'll be contributing more and more as we go through the season.

This young team will get better and better once the players who didn't play Oct.-Dec. start getting their timing back, and as Tarasenko and Schwartz and Redden get integrated into the team.

I look for great things this season (as the first in a long line of Stanley Cup competitive teams).

Russell, Shattenkirk and Polak have looked very good so far. The team is gelling quite well.
Good post. I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Mike Liut

I thought Frank would follow Oshie in the SO. I really wanted to see him

Old
01-21-2013, 09:49 PM
OCTA8ON*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Just stopping by to say you have something special in Tarasenko. I am picking you guys to win the cup this year, and him to win Calder. Your depth and two-way play is like Preds on steroids, so I'm actually a big fan of your team. Great game tonight, and best of luck (except against us).
Hats off to you guys too! It's always a pain to play Weber and Rinne.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:49 PM
sbet1998

vCash: 711
Pietro made some mistakes, but he did what all great players do. Became a game-changer in the end. As Ive seen many other posters say: the Blues are a scary team.

Deeper than a diamond mine. Have fun boys, we've waited a long time for this.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:00 PM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 300
Everyone is covering my thoughts on the game so I'm not going to repeat too much. But if it weren't for Petro being a little off that's a easier win.

Halak should've been pulled after that 3rd goal, looked like a statue, but he's still the #1.

Polak is off to a very good start along with Berglund. I'm so happy to see that these young guys are still growing as they gain experience.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:29 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Random request – can anybody see what DIRECTV station Blues/Blackhawks is on tomorrow? Gonna be away from TV during game but will DVR. (It's my girl's TV so I need to tell her a channel)

Old
01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman11 View Post
Everyone is covering my thoughts on the game so I'm not going to repeat too much. But if it weren't for Petro being a little off that's a easier win.

Halak should've been pulled after that 3rd goal, looked like a statue, but he's still the #1.

Polak is off to a very good start along with Berglund. I'm so happy to see that these young guys are still growing as they gain experience.
Neither Halak (one game) nor Pietrangelo played real games before this season started. Why shouldn't we expect them to not be on their best game? They and Perron and Backes have been rusty. And yet we've gotten all 4 points so far. Don't worry. In about 5-7 games from now, ALL The Blues will be in sync, and then the rest of the league had better watch out!

Old
01-21-2013, 10:31 PM
The Note
Time's a Flat Circle

Tomorrow's game may be exactly what Perron needs. He usually feasts on the Blackhawks

Old
01-21-2013, 10:52 PM
CarvinSigX
The Toilet

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketnines View Post
random request can anybody see what directv station blues/blackhawks is on tomorrow? Gonna be away from tv during game but will dvr. (it's my girl's tv so i need to tell her a channel)
fsmw 671

Old
01-21-2013, 10:54 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
3 Beers 1 Cup

Where's D'Agostini? Didn't he score 50 points a couple seasons ago?

Old
01-21-2013, 10:57 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Where's D'Agostini? Didn't he score 50 points a couple seasons ago?
He's in the press box. He's capable of playing in the top 9 on most teams, but the Blues depth on the wings is forcing him to take a seat for now. He'll get some game time eventually, though, to help keep everyone fresh (or to fill in for an injury, heaven forbid).

Old
01-21-2013, 11:07 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
fsmw 671
thanks, but I'm in Colorado. It'll be something between 769-784.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:09 PM
SoulChaser17

Watching over the goals again (thanks to our good buddy Fred Murtz) and I absolutely love how Tarasenko celebrated on the Pietrangelo goal, jumping up and down.

God I love this kid.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:29 PM
jeffff

Stewart..just over 13 minutes of ice time. How come so low?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffff View Post

Lots of special teams tonight. Blues were on the PK a lot

Old
01-21-2013, 11:45 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
We were short handed for a lot of the game and he doesn't kill penalties.

EDIT: ^What he said

Old
01-21-2013, 11:49 PM
SoulChaser17

On that note even the Nashville announcers noticed how good Sobotka (even though they mispronounce his name like a lot of announcers do) was on the PK. Pestering opposing players continuously and not backing down no matter what.

Just one of the reasons I love the guy. I don't have any jerseys yet (no money) but when I do get one, it's probably gonna be McDonald first, but Sobotka is a close second (although 17 is also my favorite number, so that's just more reason for me).

Old
01-21-2013, 11:52 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
thanks, but I'm in Colorado. It'll be something between 769-784.
According to This Guide at the ZIP I think you're at, it looks like 777, 777-1 (HD), 778, and 778-1 (HD) are all carrying the Blues at the Blackhawks. Those are all Center Ice channels, which I'm assuming is what you're looking for.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Stewart had 14 minutes of ice time tonight. It isn't really that low, just tonight it happened to fluctuate down.

We roll a lot of players, that means nobody is heavily relied upon. Neither game so far has seen a Blues forward on the ice for over 18 minutes in regulation (Oshie, McDonald and Steen all seen a lot of time in OT tonight though). That is going to continue, and hopefully keep everyone as fresh as possible.

Tarasenko only had 18 seconds more ice time that Stewart tonight in regulation. If Stewart had scored, he'd probably have seen the ice in OT, Tarasenko has the hot hand, so it was him instead.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:28 AM
Ghost Face
Hull of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulChaser17 View Post
Watching over the goals again (thanks to our good buddy Fred Murtz) and I absolutely love how Tarasenko celebrated on the Pietrangelo goal, jumping up and down.

God I love this kid.
I noticed, and loved his reaction as well. His attitude so far has impressed me as much as his skill.

Closed Thread