HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

any sjs podcast recommendations?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2011, 10:15 PM
  #1
D Huang
Registered User
 
D Huang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: China
Posts: 753
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to D Huang
any sjs podcast recommendations?

I recently discovered dudes on hockey which is pretty good...and I listen to FTF whenever they come out with one. Are there any others out there?

D Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:35 PM
  #2
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,357
vCash: 50
Puck Daddy and Puck Podcasts (beware they're socal hockey fans). Also Bob McKenzie and Eddie O have podcasts on NHL Live.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:41 PM
  #3
SacLandshark
Registered User
 
SacLandshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
DUDE! dudesonhockey.com

SJ fans and it's really, really entertaining

but you knew that...

SacLandshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:43 PM
  #4
olegyef
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: city by the bay
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveland View Post
Puck Daddy and Puck Podcasts (beware they're socal hockey fans). Also Bob McKenzie and Eddie O have podcasts on NHL Live.
I like all those. I also started listening to dudes on hockey which is a sharks one, seems sorta decent. I only listened to one dudes on hockey podcast still trying to figure out if they know what they are talking about.

olegyef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 07:42 PM
  #5
bcyde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Southern CA
Country: United States
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Definitely another vote to dudesonhockey they always crack me up and know their stuff.

During the playoffs they also had live chat for the listeners and they participated for any games they didn't actually attend.

bcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:08 PM
  #6
68 Z-28
Registered User
 
68 Z-28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Under the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 2,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacLandshark View Post
DUDE! dudesonhockey.com

SJ fans and it's really, really entertaining

but you knew that...
This.


The Dudes are awesome. Very knowledgeable yet funny.

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:13 PM
  #7
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns
 
SCinSJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Rafael, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
For SJS:
1. Dudes on Hockey - Great Podcast, Boyle's favourite
2. Fear the Fin - Good but they don't come out very often
3. WGNBP - We're Gonna Need a Bigger Podcast. Enjoyable but not on the same level as the other two.

Would love to hear about more.

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:58 PM
  #8
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,971
vCash: 500
Sharks have a podcast of "breaking news" as well as sometimes a few other things.


(I really trimmed down my podcast collection, so don't recall all of them.)

The NHL/NHL Network/Sirius/XM include:

NHL Hour (~50 minutes weekly hosted by commish)
HTM - guests from Sirius/XM Hockey This Morning
NHL Live
THN show- Sirius/XM THN Show (weekly)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 02:54 PM
  #9
allworldcaucasn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 4,659
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
I'm going off the rails CRAZY TRADE!

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:21 PM
  #10
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив
 
Karl with a C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 15,715
vCash: 500
Thanks for recommending Dudes on Hockey. I like it. Surprised I never heard about it.

Karl with a C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 12:12 PM
  #11
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,531
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveland View Post
Puck Daddy and Puck Podcasts (beware they're socal hockey fans). Also Bob McKenzie and Eddie O have podcasts on NHL Live.
They may be Socal fans, but they are very fair to all 30 teams in the league. It's my favorite Hockey Podcast of the week, but I also really love Puck Daddy Radio with Wysh and Pizzo. Going to try Dudes on Hockey though, so thanks for that recommendation.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 02:27 PM
  #12
68 Z-28
Registered User
 
68 Z-28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Under the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 2,575
vCash: 500
Best Episode for Dudes on Hockey came after the Sharks lost game 3 in Colorado during last years playoffs.

Episode 95b cursed

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 02:36 PM
  #13
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z-28 View Post
Best Episode for Dudes on Hockey came after the Sharks lost game 3 in Colorado during last years playoffs.

Episode 95b cursed
Is that the Belfour ghostbusters one?

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 02:47 PM
  #14
68 Z-28
Registered User
 
68 Z-28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Under the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 2,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Is that the Belfour ghostbusters one?
Yup. I remember the first time I heard it i couldn't stop laughing. Just thinking about it today made me go find it and post it. Still just as funny as the first time.

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:32 PM
  #15
SacLandshark
Registered User
 
SacLandshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
I wish I had listened to it that day - what a miserable day that was. This little funny would have helped a lot!

SacLandshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:32 PM
  #16
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns
 
SCinSJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Rafael, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Now that we are back into a new season I'm going to ressurect this thread to see if anyone has any new suggestions.

Thanks in advance

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:54 PM
  #17
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,971
vCash: 500
There are new podcasts for KNBR shows. 95.7 also has some podcasts.

Almost every podcast listed above has been updated.

There's "Marek vs Wyshinski" (now daily).

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:33 PM
  #18
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,531
vCash: 797
I listen to and love 3 hockey podcasts

Dudes on Hockey

Great Sharks podcast that I was glad people recommended to me. Thank you all, and I can't believe I've been listening to this show since 2011

Marek vs. Wyshynski

I Love Love Love this podcast. It's funny, very insightful, and I'm glad it's daily now. Really looking forward to this season on the podcast and today was a great episode. Also love the guests they get.

Puck Podcast

Still listen to this show as my long time hockey show. Eddie and Doug are really knowledgeable about the game and are fair to all 30 teams, even though they reside in Southern California

Some podcasts I no longer listen to but are hockey centric:

NHL Hour
Hockey Central @ Noon
Backhand Shelf (I stopped when Pizzo Left)

I love hockey podcasts but I realized last year I started listen to too many.


Last edited by SJSharksfan39: 01-21-2013 at 11:45 PM.
SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:58 PM
  #19
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Marek vs. Wyshynski

I Love Love Love this podcast. It's funny, very insightful, and I'm glad it's daily now. Really looking forward to this season on the podcast and today was a great episode. Also love the guests they get.
Yes! I love this one and not just because I was on it one time.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:28 PM
  #20
CJL182
Registered User
 
CJL182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,257
vCash: 500
I love MvsW. It provided some great laughs and really helped me get through the dark period.

CJL182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:05 AM
  #21
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,531
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Yes! I love this one and not just because I was on it one time.
Just curious, do you have a chat with Wysh and Marek before you actually go on air or do you just wing it. I would think something like that would be really hard, especially if Marek was doing the questions and most of them had something to do with either Juniors, AHL, or anything from 1975 and before.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  #22
sub_zero94
Registered User
 
sub_zero94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
I listen to and love 3 hockey podcasts

Dudes on Hockey

Great Sharks podcast that I was glad people recommended to me. Thank you all, and I can't believe I've been listening to this show since 2011

Marek vs. Wyshynski

I Love Love Love this podcast. It's funny, very insightful, and I'm glad it's daily now. Really looking forward to this season on the podcast and today was a great episode. Also love the guests they get.

Puck Podcast

Still listen to this show as my long time hockey show. Eddie and Doug are really knowledgeable about the game and are fair to all 30 teams, even though they reside in Southern California

Some podcasts I no longer listen to but are hockey centric:

NHL Hour
Hockey Central @ Noon
Backhand Shelf (I stopped when Pizzo Left)

I love hockey podcasts but I realized last year I started listen to too many.
I prefer Dudes On hockey but that Puck Podcast is pretty good. Ones a Kings one's a Ducks fan and they pretty much don't like the Sharks at all.. that part of the show is irritating, they do respect JT and most of our players though

sub_zero94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:23 AM
  #23
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Just curious, do you have a chat with Wysh and Marek before you actually go on air or do you just wing it. I would think something like that would be really hard, especially if Marek was doing the questions and most of them had something to do with either Juniors, AHL, or anything from 1975 and before.
I first sent an email to Wysh and was just randomly picked then we traded info in another email (phone number, etc). I got a call from a producer and she patched me in while they were doing a little intro for the segment. Marek did the questions, but I had no idea what they were going to be before we went on air. Everything you hear on the podcast is totally live & real in that moment. It's really cool. I even won a book.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:33 AM
  #24
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,357
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I first sent an email to Wysh and was just randomly picked then we traded info in another email (phone number, etc). I got a call from a producer and she patched me in while they were doing a little intro for the segment. Marek did the questions, but I had no idea what they were going to be before we went on air. Everything you hear on the podcast is totally live & real in that moment. It's really cool. I even won a book.
I remember that, I was glad you didn't lose.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:04 AM
  #25
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,531
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I first sent an email to Wysh and was just randomly picked then we traded info in another email (phone number, etc). I got a call from a producer and she patched me in while they were doing a little intro for the segment. Marek did the questions, but I had no idea what they were going to be before we went on air. Everything you hear on the podcast is totally live & real in that moment. It's really cool. I even won a book.
I think that's the thing I love most about the podcast. Everything feels genuine, and not schtick if you know what I mean. Yeah they have their usual stuff like Question of the Day, Game Show Friday, and those awesome intro and outro music, but everything else feels free flowing and just two guys you would love to talk hockey with and they have a blast doing it. Also, they really embrace their fans and love what they have to say, something some podcasts like The BS Report do not.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.