HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
The inclusion of Weiss?
But I'm saying we won't, and can't(NTC) move Kesler.

I know you want to trade him, but it's not happening. Kesler + Luongo for Benn + scraps isn't much better than just Luongo for scraps.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Diamonddog01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
The inclusion of Weiss?
I think a 2nd round pick would take it over the top.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:48 AM
JohnHodgson

If Holtby and Bryzgalov continue to struggle, that's two additional teams in the mix for Luongo. Which means his value will go through the roof... good job Gillis, disregarding the media and constant bickering of fans that wanted Luongo traded immediately.

Philadelphia
Washington
Toronto
Florida
Tampa Bay
Islanders
Columbus
Chicago

These teams are all potential suitors, and possibly other unknown teams that may have interest. It's pretty obvious that Gillis will not accept trash for our premiere goalie

Old
01-22-2013, 12:49 AM
crt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Source?
Common sense.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Common sense.
In other words...

Quote:
just talking out of his ass

Old
01-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
If Holtby and Bryzgalov continue to struggle, that's two additional teams in the mix for Luongo. Which means his value will go through the roof... good job Gillis, disregarding the media and constant bickering of fans that wanted Luongo traded immediately.

Philadelphia
Washington
Toronto
Florida
Tampa Bay
Islanders
Columbus
Chicago

These teams are all potential suitors, and possibly other unknown teams that may have interest. It's pretty obvious that Gillis will not accept trash for our premiere goalie
Anyone else confused as to why Chicago aquired Karlsson?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Crows*

Tampa wouldn't surprise me.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Tampa wouldn't surprise me.
The interview in question was done last week before Stevie Y had seen his new goaltender play a single game. I seriously doubt they're interested in Luongo unless Yzerman was on a coke binge when he signed Lindback and realized the depths of his mistake when he awoke two days later, naked in a Florida mall's fountain.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:02 AM
roach9

Calling Washington.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:03 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Anyone else confused as to why Chicago aquired Karlsson?
I was shocked to see Karlsson was acquired by the Hawks.
If the Hawks were in the market for a tender I can't see why they would not call Ottawa about Bishop. Surely the Hawks must have some type of Dman (Hjarm) they could have sent for a package with Bishop in it.

Just furthers the discussion that Bowman really doesn't know what he's doing at the helm.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:06 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Certainly better than dealing with Toronto. I say that with all the respect to the Leafs, but I don't see who we would have to wait on and there's nothing enticing after watching them play against the Sabres. No one really stood out enough for me to jump up for joy.

Hard to say about Gardiner coming off a mild concussion as well.

Again that's not a shot to Leafs fans or the Leafs teams. I just don't see anyone who would be able to fit in and go with the direction that this team is heading.

Also, he could be spewing out his ass. Don't know what to buy into any more. I'm tired of this fiasco and just want it to be over and done with.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:09 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Calling Washington.
Washington makes the most sense in that you need a crazy owner, they lack a vet, they should be a contender, they are in the east etc.

I'd love to get brouwer but we have kass already.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
Certainly better than dealing with Toronto. I say that with all the respect to the Leafs, but I don't see who we would have to wait on and there's nothing enticing after watching them play against the Sabres. No one really stood out enough for me to jump up for joy.

Again that's not a shot to Leafs fans or the Leafs teams. I just don't see anyone who would be able to fit in and go with the direction that this team is heading.

Also, he could be spewing out his ass. Don't know what to buy into any more. I'm tired of this fiasco and just want it to be over and done with.
I'm at that point as well. It will be good for both goalies once this bs is done .

Old
01-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post

I certainly wouldn't mind Kadri, especially if he maintains his current firm, but any complimentary piece is where Toronto becomes less appealing for us. Ideally, they would prefer to deal Gunnarsson but we haven't any use for him. And I doubt two young players would come back.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:21 AM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Washington makes the most sense in that you need a crazy owner, they lack a vet, they should be a contender, they are in the east etc.

I'd love to get brouwer but we have kass already.
Canucks attempted to trade for Brouwer but the hawks didn't wanna trade with van.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:22 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Calling Washington.
I would be so exceptionally happy if the Canucks somehow leveraged a guy like Marcus Johansson or Orlov or even Filip Forsberg or something out of Washington for Luongo.

Doubt it, but man would i be a happy camper.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:25 AM
Orca Smash

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Luongo has played quite well even without a win. Normally Luongo isn't very good in the shoot its anyways. Especially early in the season.

I know the Ducks have been good against Lu before this season anyways, but I still stand by the fact that he should have started that game. Lu has been our number 1 for 7 years and IMHO you don't just turn away from the guy due to a couple games last season.
He came into camp and was the best goalie in camp, I don't understand how it wasn't clear who should have started. Each goaltender should be playing to keep the job, and since neither has won, you go to the guy who has the rep and experience.

I'm a huge Schneider fan and want him as our goaltender going forward past this season, but at the moment Luongo is playing better and should be given as much of a chance as Cory to be this teams number 1.
Wait how was roberto the best goalie in camp?

Roberto wants out wants and to move on eventually and is not our number 1 anymore because av started schneider back to back games against the kings in playoffs. How can you proclaim lou as your number 1 and start him when your actively discussing trading him, and he said he also see's himself moving on.

The only way this situation changes is a huge change of events occur, patch up things with roberto, break an agreement with schneider, and ask him to accept a trade after he signed a new deal with us and was given confidence he would be our new number 1. And i dont see it happening unless schneider has an awful year, not just one game.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 01-22-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old
01-22-2013, 01:51 AM
David71

wonder who that mystery team is?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:54 AM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
It's Lu for Jankowski. Isn't it obvious that's why Irving and Karlsson were waived? Lu's gonna back up Kipper.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:58 AM
Canadian Gold X3
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
Do you want the boat or the mystery team?

Old
01-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Linters*

I wouldn't read anything into the Gillis quote as anything more then a way to put pressure on the teams he is negotiating with, he states it is a team that nobody knows he is negotiating with, it's the typical I'd love to sell you this house but this nice couple has already put in a really good offer ploy, just a way to drive up the price.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:45 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linters View Post
I wouldn't read anything into the Gillis quote as anything more then a way to put pressure on the teams he is negotiating with, he states it is a team that nobody knows he is negotiating with, it's the typical I'd love to sell you this house but this nice couple has already put in a really good offer ploy, just a way to drive up the price.
Gillis becomes more and more like Burke by the day really.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:02 AM
sobrio

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linters View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more. Gillis is one of the straightest shooters in the business. If he says it publicly he means it.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:33 AM
canux17

Was/Van

To Was: Roberto Luongo
Jordan Schroeder

To Van : Brooks Laich
Micheal Neuvirth
Jason Chimera

Old
01-22-2013, 05:13 AM
MW6

Vancouver adds... Something much better. Lou is still good but his contract isn't. Schroeder is a good prospect as well, but not worth doing this trade for, IMO.
Caps can't afford to lose 2/3 of their 3rd/shutdown-line and replacing them with a prospect.
Plus, at least I have much faith in Holtby.

Closed Thread