HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Smith Pelley to Edmonton

Old
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

vCash: 500
Smith Pelley to Edmonton

What would it take? Oilers are in desperate need of a player like him

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:50 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
I've got a job for you. Go through the entire history of NHL transactions and tell me if a 20 year old forward has ever been dealt just two games into the season after cracking the NHL. DSP made the big club for a reason, the Ducks love him and he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. These types of threads are so pointless and narrow minded.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
If the Ducks dealt him, then they'd be in desparate need of a player like him. They need him unless an overpayment of sorts is offered that might meet some other need.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I've got a job for you. Go through the entire history of NHL transactions and tell me if a 20 year old forward has ever been dealt just two games into the season after cracking the NHL. DSP made the big club for a reason, the Ducks love him and he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. These types of threads are so pointless and narrow minded.
DSP isn't a rookie. He played 49 games last year.

But needless to say it'd take a lot to pry him out of Anaheim.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
I have a job for you . Go through all the proposals on HF and see how many are realistic. I asked what it would take the Oilers. I never said anything about the Ducks wanting to trade him. Nice try though

Old
01-21-2013, 10:43 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
I have a job for you . Go through all the proposals on HF and see how many are realistic. I asked what it would take the Oilers. I never said anything about the Ducks wanting to trade him. Nice try though
That would be about as big of a waste of time as it is to start a discussion about a player who has about a 0% chance of being traded. It's just not worth discussing, and Oiler fans would say the same if someone brought up your young players.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Oilers need a big 2nd line center. DSP is not that. Nice try though.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:54 AM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Oilers need a big 2nd line center. DSP is not that. Nice try though.
Doesn't every team? Gagner had a fine first game, so lets see how the season goes first for him. I think he will put up 60 points this year to be honest

Old
01-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

We need to draft a develop guys like smith-pelley. I think we may have one in Hartikainen.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:59 AM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
We need to draft a develop guys like smith-pelley. I think we may have one in Hartikainen.
Possibly Mitch Moroz, as well.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:59 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Doesn't every team? Gagner had a fine first game, so lets see how the season goes first for him. I think he will put up 60 points this year to be honest
1.25 points per game from Gagner? Good luck.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:03 AM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
What?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
What?
48 game season. To get to 60 points it would require him to score 1.25 points per game. Everyone keeps forgetting this is a short season with their points projections.

On topic, it's unlikely that Edmonton would dangle anything appealing enough to make Anaheim consider trading DSP. Players like him at his age get traded in packages for much better players or not at all.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Yeah how dare he discuss trades on a discussion board?!?! Do you think Murray and Tambellini come on these boards. Responses like this from people who think they run the boards are pointless and narrow minded.
Quote:
You know damn well he was talking about a full 82 game schedule, but instead you ignored that and decided to make a snide ingnorant comment.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:30 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post

You know damn well he was talking about a full 82 game schedule, but instead you ignored that and decided to make a snide ingnorant comment.

Dare I point out the irony here?

Also it wasn't like the OP made it clear he was speaking hypothetically, he said the Oilers were desperate for that type of player and asked what the return would be. From that it was safe to assume he thought the Ducks would actually be willing to move DSP. If you're going to speculate about fantasy and hypothetical scenarios at least be clear so you don't get flamed.

Last edited by heusy_79: 01-22-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old
01-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Dare I point out the irony here?

Also it wasn't like the OP made it clear he was speaking hypothetically, he said the Oilers were desperate for that type of player and asked what the return would be. From that it was safe to assume he thought the Ducks would actually be willing to move DSP. If you're going to speculate about fantasy and hypothetical scenarios at least be clear so you don't get flamed.
NO, please try to.

So all these trades on here are real and not fantasy/hypothetical? Huh. Never knew.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote