HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller already in the doghouse?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 10:17 PM
  #251
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Speaking of Saku, 5 points in 2 games to start the season!
I just saw he got another assist.

As English soccer fans say, class is permanent.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:35 PM
  #252
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
What is not realistic, is the accusations that he's effectively a plug, or that he's less skilled than Moen, which is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard here, and that says a lot.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Eller doesn't stand a CHANCE in hell to stick at center. Unless Montreal trades Plekanec, which could happen if the season is lost early. Don't kid yourself: if Chuckie stays a center, he's got no chance in hell in Montreal. Eller , that is.
I'd rather have Eller centering my third line than Desharnais centering my top line.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:44 PM
  #253
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'm pointing out that we have lower standards now if we're happy with Desharnais.
But does anyone believe that Desharnais is better than Koivu in his beginning, even post injury?

Yes, people were complaining of Koivu, but habs fans complain all the time.

I don't think people are overating Desharnais that much. Yes, he has his natural limitations, but what he does he does it very well. Personally he's a keeper, but maybe not in the role he currently plays. If the first line keep sucking I'm all for splitting it up.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:46 PM
  #254
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,129
vCash: 500
I don't see why he can't just leave the lines the same as the first game. One game and a rushed training camp isn't enough to really evaluate guys, especially from the start of a shortened season. Let them play with the same guys for 3-4 games to see if they can't work out their kinks themselves?

Juggle the lines mid-game if you have to, when you see certain players bringing lots of energy and making things happen.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:48 PM
  #255
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Ideally, Galchenyuk-Eller would be our top-2 centres in the near future.

We need to focus on the cup contention window of 2015-2018, not trying to overachieve all the way to 11th place in the conference this year.
Eller needs to demonstrate ANYTHING first.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:56 PM
  #256
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,278
vCash: 500
Lets mix things up.

Patches-Eller-Gionta : give Eller a real chance with real wingers.
Bourque-Plekanec-Cole : nothing to complain here.
Gally-Desharnais-Moen : yes I just did this.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:18 PM
  #257
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,905
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
DD got pushed around like a rag doll but this team thinks he is the next star
no one says he's the next star

the only people bringing up this ridiculous strawman are his detractors.

i already miss the lockout...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:25 PM
  #258
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 2009
Switch Eller and DD and see what happens.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:29 PM
  #259
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,021
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
So, let me get this straight.

DD is only good because of Cole and Patches.. and easy minutes. But on the road, when that line has tough minutes, only DD sucks?
I checked the numbers:

Home in 2011-2012 - Goals:8, Assist:26
Away in 2011-2012 - Goals:7, Assist:18

Not sure their is that much of a difference.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:30 PM
  #260
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,905
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I checked the numbers:

Home in 2011-2012 - Goals:8, Assist:26
Away in 2011-2012 - Goals:7, Assist:18

Not sure their is that much of a difference.
there, can we put that one to rest now?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
  #261
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I checked the numbers:

Home in 2011-2012 - Goals:8, Assist:26
Away in 2011-2012 - Goals:7, Assist:18
A substantial decline.

Could also be his ice time is different in the two scenarios ...

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:49 PM
  #262
Saintpatrick
Registered User
 
Saintpatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
But does anyone believe that Desharnais is better than Koivu in his beginning, even post injury?

Yes, people were complaining of Koivu, but habs fans complain all the time.

I don't think people are overating Desharnais that much. Yes, he has his natural limitations, but what he does he does it very well. Personally he's a keeper, but maybe not in the role he currently plays. If the first line keep sucking I'm all for splitting it up.
Koivu was leading the league in points before his first injury. I don't think DD is better than Koivu at the start of his career and I'm not sold on him being on the top line again this year. Teams will be putting their best guys against the Maxpac, Cole, DD line I don't see DD having the same impact this year.

I wish a coach would give Eller a shot on a top 6 line and I fear that this organization is screwing up another valuable asset.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:23 AM
  #263
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
A substantial decline.

Could also be his ice time is different in the two scenarios ...
That makes no sense whatsoever.


Last edited by Alexdaman: 01-22-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:04 AM
  #264
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
That makes no sense whatsoever.
DD goes from over 0.85 PPG at home to around 0.6 PPG away... IT IS a huge difference

over 82 games, 0.85 PPG gets you 70 pts while 0.6 PPG gets you 49 pts...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:05 AM
  #265
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
That makes no sense whatsoever.
Desharnais is substantially less productive on the road.

25 points versus 34, a massive decline of 27%. That needs to be explained, the first explanation brought up is that he is weaker when he doesn't get easier opponents.

However, maybe he gets less ice time on the road, it doesn't necessarily have to be due to line matching.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:51 AM
  #266
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Switch Eller and DD and see what happens.
I'm weirdly a big fan of all our centers, and the chemistry of the first line is undeniable (Patches and Cole were garbage too), but I am VERY curious to see the result of this^ proposition. Or Pleks there and DD on the third line. Just to see what would happen. I've said it before - I don't think our centers are the problem. (Although I really think Eller could go into beast mode under the right circumstances.)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:03 AM
  #267
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
It's a little confusing as to why Eller is being pulled, everyone looked inept the first game. Also kind of weird to put two rookies on the same line, why not give Gallagher a game on Plekanec's line?

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:32 AM
  #268
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
It's a little confusing as to why Eller is being pulled, everyone looked inept the first game. Also kind of weird to put two rookies on the same line, why not give Gallagher a game on Plekanec's line?
Because a line of Gallagher Plekanec and Gionta is a trio of midgets.

poetryinmotion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:33 AM
  #269
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
DD goes from over 0.85 PPG at home to around 0.6 PPG away... IT IS a huge difference

over 82 games, 0.85 PPG gets you 70 pts while 0.6 PPG gets you 49 pts...
I'd love to know each and every one of the NHL Players with the same stats like this one. Wouldn't they all go down based on the fact that matchups are made on the road?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:50 AM
  #270
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Because a line of Gallagher Plekanec and Gionta is a trio of midgets.
Therefore Id like to see BGally-DD-Gio

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:56 AM
  #271
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Therefore Id like to see BGally-DD-Gio
hahahahahahahaha I'd be curious to see that line as well.

with Bouillon and Weber on D.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:10 AM
  #272
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd love to know each and every one of the NHL Players with the same stats like this one. Wouldn't they all go down based on the fact that matchups are made on the road?
Nugent-Hopkins was famous for it in Edmonton last year. He was used similarly to Desharnais.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:13 AM
  #273
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
I agree that DD centering our number 1 line isn't good for the team but Eller has to show his offensive game more consistently before we can change things up. DD did put up points consistently since he arrived. His problem isn't skill it's size.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:23 AM
  #274
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,277
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd love to know each and every one of the NHL Players with the same stats like this one. Wouldn't they all go down based on the fact that matchups are made on the road?
Yah no kidding. Max had 12 goals, 11 assist, -12 in 38 games on the road. At home? 21 goals, 21 assists, +15 in 41 games.

So 42 points to 23. That's nearly 50% drop.

From slighly over PPG to 0.605 PPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
DD goes from over 0.85 PPG at home to around 0.6 PPG away... IT IS a huge difference

over 82 games, 0.85 PPG gets you 70 pts while 0.6 PPG gets you 49 pts...

Max would have 42 goals, 42 assists at home.

Yet...26 goals, 24 assists on the road.

That's a far greater divide IMO and Max is seen as a 'stud' and 'our future'.

Not to say DD is our future because I don't think so, but does this logic not apply to everybody?

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:27 AM
  #275
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Desharnais is substantially less productive on the road.

25 points versus 34, a massive decline of 27%. That needs to be explained, the first explanation brought up is that he is weaker when he doesn't get easier opponents.

However, maybe he gets less ice time on the road, it doesn't necessarily have to be due to line matching.
What about Pacioretty's stats?
Should we trade Max Pac for a 3rd rounder?

I mean, he HAS A bigger home/away differential than DD...

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.