HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 12:20 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Bridgeport lost to Springfield tonight 4-1. Jack Combs broke the shutout in the final minute on the power-play (Brock Nelson and Matt Donovan had assists).

Lone Highlight Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCVw8K3r1jc
Just out of curiosity, were there any Sasquatch, I mean Kiril Kabanov sightings at this game (or Friday vs. Binghampton)?
I heard that he was skating again and cleared for contract... .. Was wondering if he got into a game yet.

We need him back playing for Bridgeport asap, as both Nino and Nelson will be playing for the Islanders by the end of the month..

Old
01-21-2013, 05:08 AM
InformTheMasses

No Kabanov yet. Next games are Friday and Sat Night in Norfolk VA.

They are Back Home in CT 1/31 and have only one 'road game' in Hartford for the next little while after that. Might be a more likely return for Kabanov during that home-stand.

But that's just me guessing.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
Also, the OHL Trade Deadine has already passed, so Strome will remain an IceDog. Also, barring a monumental collapse, the IceDogs will be in the playoffs. Almost every team gets in the OHL playoffs.

If Niagara gets knocked out in round one, I am curious if they will bring Strome to the island instead of Bridgeport. Due to the condensed schedule, he would still play a lot.
The 5 game slide rule would still apply if he comes to play in the NHL. After 5 games his contract would start. If he plays in the AHL he signs a ATO and it wouldnt count against his contract.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:24 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
The 5 game slide rule would still apply if he comes to play in the NHL. After 5 games his contract would start. If he plays in the AHL he signs a ATO and it wouldnt count against his contract.
I am pretty sure you can't sign a guy to an ameteur try out contract if he currently has a pro contract.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:36 AM
kuwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I am pretty sure you can't sign a guy to an ameteur try out contract if he currently has a pro contract.
Is this correct? For example Emerson Etem (Ducks) signed ELC in summer of 2011, went to juniors and at the end of the season played some games for Syracuse in AHL on ATO...

Old
01-22-2013, 04:51 AM
Seph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Is this correct? For example Emerson Etem (Ducks) signed ELC in summer of 2011, went to juniors and at the end of the season played some games for Syracuse in AHL on ATO...
Hrm, I did not realize that. Maybe you can do it if you sign the ATO directly with the AHL club and not the NHL club? I am not.positive of the exact rules, and if what you say is correct, there may be a loophole, or my understanding may be flat out wrong.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:44 AM
kuwo

Quote:
Hrm, I did not realize that. Maybe you can do it if you sign the ATO directly with the AHL club and not the NHL club? I am not.positive of the exact rules, and if what you say is correct, there may be a loophole, or my understanding may be flat out wrong.
I am not familiar with the rules, but could it have something to do with the fact that his ELC slid and is not in effect? Maybe because of that these guys can sign ATOs with AHL clubs? Have no idea, just speculating...

Old
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Quote:
didnt Brock Nelson do that last year? or was it just the AHL playoffs so that does not count?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:09 PM
StumpNYI

Kabanov skated with the team full-contact and is making the trip to Norfolk.

https://twitter.com/fornabaioctp/sta...81003766489088

Old
01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post

Great news.. Now just stay healthy and have a solid finish to the season.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
scott99

Quote:

It would be nice to see what he can add to the team. Hopefully he doesn't get buried on the 4th line. He needs top 2 line minutes to succeed.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:51 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:

Has he requested a trade yet? LOL just kidding

Old
01-22-2013, 03:59 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
Has he requested a trade yet? LOL just kidding
Now that I've calmed down, good one. Made me chuckle.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:00 PM
IslandersFan17

Any thoughts on benching Nino for this recent fiasco?

Old
01-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
If the reason for the rumored trade demand is true is based on him feeling slighted in some way by the club, I don't think the best way to smooth things over is to punish him. Technically speaking, it might make sense. But sometimes, especially with egos involved, it's better not to stir the pot even more.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:43 PM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
players shouldnt take off ice things onto the ice.....and neither should management.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
players shouldnt take off ice things onto the ice.....and neither should management.
I can appreciate that, however, how else do you send a message that this behavior is not acceptable?

Old
01-23-2013, 12:26 AM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
If the reason for the rumored trade demand is true is based on him feeling slighted in some way by the club, I don't think the best way to smooth things over is to punish him. Technically speaking, it might make sense. But sometimes, especially with egos involved, it's better not to stir the pot even more.
Agreed. They should continue to let him be "the guy" down there and hopefully he'll realize that this is the best for him at this time. If he finishes the season strongly, he'll get his chance to shine next year.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:02 AM
Seph

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
didnt Brock Nelson do that last year? or was it just the AHL playoffs so that does not count?
Welp, guess an ATO works differently than I thought. Still not sure how it does work, but it's apparently not how I thought. Shows what I know

Old
01-25-2013, 11:06 AM
F127

Quote:

Think he returns to the lineup tonight.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:19 AM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by F127 View Post
Think he returns to the lineup tonight.
Yup, been confirmed on Bridgeports website. He is in the lineup for tonights game.

Good Luck Kabby!

Old
01-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

vCash: 50
Excited to hear Kabby is coming back.

Question about BP goaltending:

I'm aware of the very poor goaltending statistics our goalies are putting up. Can anyone who watches the team on a regular basis inform me as to whether this a reflection of poor goaltending, shoddy defense, or a combination of both? I've seen Poulin play several times, and only once has he thoroughly impressed me. Not a fan of his glove side. Never catches the puck and always seems to leave rebounds in front of his net. And as for Nilsson, I've only seen him play twice - once against Pitt (but I don't count that) and once against the Devils.

Thanks

Old
01-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulin 0n My St1ck View Post
Excited to hear Kabby is coming back.

Question about BP goaltending:

I'm aware of the very poor goaltending statistics our goalies are putting up. Can anyone who watches the team on a regular basis inform me as to whether this a reflection of poor goaltending, shoddy defense, or a combination of both? I've seen Poulin play several times, and only once has he thoroughly impressed me. Not a fan of his glove side. Never catches the puck and always seems to leave rebounds in front of his net. And as for Nilsson, I've only seen him play twice - once against Pitt (but I don't count that) and once against the Devils.

Thanks
I'd say it's a combination of both. I'd also like to say that both goaltenders cannot stay consistent with their play. The will both post shutouts, making amazon saves left and right but then let 30 footers in the next game.

Which brings me to my next point. The BPT defenseman are really missing Brwnt Thompson. Watch the highlights of opponents goals and you can almost always catch a BPT dman out of position or caught up the ice. This was something Thompson stressed last season and something this team is lacking this year.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:52 PM
InformTheMasses

Bridgeport lost 2-1 tonight to Norfolk... Lone Goal Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cZdZtGdpsE

There were also some fights, but I wont post, 'Isles Enforcer' Does a good job with those.

I didnt watch too much of the game (too busy watching the Isles) but Poulin made a lot of saves. Also Kabanov took a big hit late, and limped off, I didnt see him return. Not sure how serious it is.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Bridgeport lost 2-1 tonight to Norfolk... Lone Goal Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cZdZtGdpsE

There were also some fights, but I wont post, 'Isles Enforcer' Does a good job with those.

I didnt watch too much of the game (too busy watching the Isles) but Poulin made a lot of saves. Also Kabanov took a big hit late, and limped off, I didnt see him return. Not sure how serious it is.
Thanks

Although the fights were entertaining I just want to post this one. The background was that Brock Nelson hit a player from behind (No penalty, although it should have been a major) and a Norfolk Player tried to fight him. Knowing Brock is one of our stars (and does not fight) Nate McIver came flying in and stepped in. Thats the point, the team that takes car of its own.

A little history...Kurtz takes exception to a hit and tries to fight Ullstrom.

Closed Thread