HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lupul extended - 5 years x 5.25m

Old
01-21-2013, 04:41 PM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
Great post .

Lupul had a career year in an offensive system and people act lik he's been a top 25 scorer his entire carrer . This is the same player who a season and half ago was nothing more than a salary dump .
Yeah because Anaheim made a big mistake with him. Lupul was drafted very high and big things were expected of him. He also had a very good year in Philly.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:46 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Yeah because Anaheim made a big mistake with him. Lupul was drafted very high and big things were expected of him. He also had a very good year in Philly.
He was an injury prone under performing player before we got him and he had anexcellent year before getting injured again .

If you want to hand him a large contract on 60ish games that great but i just would have perfered to wait 20 or so games .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
HOTD
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
My point is, look at the market. I can't understand how Lupul isn't worth 5.25 million per.
I'm on board with the Lupul contract, but how can you justify comparing his contract to mistakes made by gm's? Gomez, Connoly, Leino, Finger etc. You don't use those contracts as a measuring stick for value. If that was the case, Lupul would be worth 9mill/per.

HOTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Typical Toronto media today ~ Jeff Blair was calling Lupes a 3rd liner

I listen to podcasts in the afternoon of his show or I'd be tempted to call.

EDIT - Loiselle was also on Brady and Lang and said the Leafs had the option for an 8 year deal with Lupes. Im assuming that would have taken the hit down. Im glad they went the route they did. Perfect deal.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:45 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Typical Toronto media today ~ Jeff Blair was calling Lupes a 3rd liner today
Wow, I would love to see that team.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
HOTD
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
He was an injury prone under performing player before we got him and he had anexcellent year before getting injured again .

If you want to hand him a large contract on 60ish games that great but i just would have perfered to wait 20 or so games .
Either way, it's a risk. But I see your point.

HOTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Oh **** me!!!

The idiot gm that I HATED is finally fired, and I decide to try and get back to being a loyal fan... And then the new gm makes this idiotic blunder on his vey first signing.

After ten ****ing years the guy finally has ONE great year, and then our new idiot gm decides to pay him as a GREAT player for the next 5 years.

It's SOOOO hard being a fan of this ****ig team.

Disgruntled Observer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:31 AM
Arathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Oh **** me!!!

The idiot gm that I HATED is finally fired, and I decide to try and get back to being a loyal fan... And then the new gm makes this idiotic blunder on his vey first signing.

After ten ****ing years the guy finally has ONE great year, and then our new idiot gm decides to pay him as a GREAT player for the next 5 years.

Oh Life's so hard. How can the team treat this Disgruntled Observer like this. Think of the hard to please fan, would somebody think of the hard to please fan.

Just watch what the pay Kessel, you may need to be sitting down for that one.

Arathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:38 AM
keonsbitterness
Don't vote for Ford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathor View Post
Oh Life's so hard. How can the team treat this Disgruntled Observer like this. Think of the hard to please fan, would somebody think of the hard to please fan.

I can't believe he's threatening to stop being a Leafs fan for the 934th time.

No wait, I can believe it.

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:46 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathor View Post

'hard to please fan'?

We are the richest team hands down, and we have both the longest playoff drought AND stanley cup drought in the entire 30 team ****ing league.

And you're questioning why I'm ****ing disgruntled? accusing me of being 'hard to please'?

WHAT THE **** IS THERE FOR ME TO BE PLEASED ABOUT?

Should I be pleased about the 10 year injury probes inconsistent vet tha we just signed for over 25 million ****ing dollars? Is that what I should be pleased about?
**** this.
I'm 'hard to please' for expecting more than the longest Stanley coup AND playoff drougt as the riches ****ig team.

I'm about to ****in lose it again. Sorry if my ****in spelling is wrong but it's har to ****in type after I just punched te ****ing wall and auto ****ing correct is a *****.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:54 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Oh **** me!!!

Quote:
'hard to please fan'?

We are the richest team hands down, and we have both the longest playoff drought AND stanley cup drought in the entire 30 team ****ing league.

And you're questioning why I'm ****ing disgruntled? accusing me of being 'hard to please'?

Should I be pleased about the 10 year injury probes inconsistent vet tha we just signed for over 25 million ****ing dollars? Is that what I should be pleased about?
**** this.
I'm 'hard to please' for expecting more than the longest Stanley coup AND playoff drougt as the riches ****ig team.

I'm about to ****in lose it again. Sorry if my ****in spelling is wrong but it's har to ****in type after I just punched te ****ing wall and auto ****ing correct is a *****.
Don't ever change. 17 violations of site rules in two posts.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:55 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
'hard to please fan'?

**** this.

Get help dude.

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:58 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Don't ever change.
Why are you happy about your team that is richest in the league yet has the longest cup an playoff drought?
What exactly are you happy about?

How do you not see the parallel that it's because of things like the OUTRAGEOUS lupul contract tha keeps us as the joke of the entire league? How do you not see that?
Why are you content with these atrocities?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Get help dude.
If you're content with this team, then you are the one that needs help.

The richest team in the league and the longest cup and playoff drought...
Don't you see?
I am the only fan on this forum that is reacting appropriately to the situation.

EVERY leaf fan should be furious to the point of hysterics.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:03 AM
4evaBlue

So I take it DO doesn't believe Lupul can provide similar quality of play in the future? Heck, even a 0.7 PPG production would live up to that contract.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:05 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Why are you happy about your team that is richest in the league yet has the longest cup an playoff drought?
What exactly are you happy about?

How do you not see the parallel that it's because of things like the OUTRAGEOUS lupul contract tha keeps us as the joke of the entire league? How do you not see that?
Why are you content with these atrocities?
For starters, they don't have the longest Cup drought. For seconders, I don't care what the rest of the league thinks about a group of grown men chasing a rubber dick around. For thirds, anyone who uses the word "atrocity" to describe a contract for a guy who chases a rubber disk around clearly needs some priorities in life.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:

Don't you see?
I am the only fan on this forum that is reacting appropriately to the situation.

I'm not content with the team, but if you think hysterical fury is the "appropriate reaction" to any situation, you need help. Pretty sure that's an anger management issue.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
For starters, they don't have the longest Cup drought. For seconders, I don't care what the rest of the league thinks about a group of grown men chasing a rubber dick around. For thirds, anyone who uses the word "atrocity" to describe a contract for a guy who chases a rubber disk around clearly needs some priorities in life.
Can you please tell me which NHL team has a longer Stanley cup drought? The leads are 44 straight seasons.

And I'll agree that the lupul contact isn't an 'atrocity'. I got a little carried away there. It's simply a 'bad contract'.

Unlike, say, the 'Kessel trade' which is inarguably the worst atrocity in human history. I literally would not be surprised if the international court of justice went after Burke. But thats not Nonis's fault. He has not committed a war crime yet, and I appologize for insinuating that he did.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:18 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Can you please tell me which NHL team has a longer Stanley cup drought? The leads are 44 straight seasons.

And I'll agree that the lupul contact isn't an 'atrocity'. I got a little carried away there. It's simply a 'bad contract'.

Unlike, say, the 'Kessel trade' which is inarguably the worst atrocity in human history. I literally would not be surprised if the international court of justice went after Burke. But thats not Nonis's fault. He has not committed a war crime yet, and I appologize for insinuating that he did.
St. Louis. Leafs were Stanley Cup champs while St. Louis was in the league.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
I'm not content with the team, but if you think hysterical fury is the "appropriate reaction" to any situation, you need help.
While you may have a point...

In regards to the current leaf team... Hysterical anger is probably
a more appropriate reaction than blind loyalty.
The 'sane' fans gave up on this team long ago.

My point? The supportive fans are probably more insane at this point than the bitterly irate fans.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:22 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Hysterical anger is probably
a more appropriate reaction than blind loyalty.
The 'sane' fans gave up on this team long ago.

My point? The supportive fans are probably more insane at this point than the bitterly irate fans.
What does that have to do with the Lupul signing? You think anyone who believes it is a good idea is guilty of blind loyalty?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:22 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
St. Louis. Leafs were Stanley Cup champs while St. Louis was in the league.
Factually incorrect.
The leafs won the cup the year PREVIOUS to the blues joining the league. So they both share the same humiliating drought of 44 years.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:23 AM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:

Don't you see?

I'll never understand this 'richness' argument. It's completely irrelevant.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
What does that have to do with the Lupul signing? You think anyone who believes it is a good idea is guilty of blind loyalty?
Yes, and that is 'fact', not opinion.

Any single person that thinks that an NHL player in the league for 10 years and has ONE great year deserves 27 million dollars is factually guilty of blind loyalty.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Yes, and that is 'fact', not opinion.
Actually, I know what the word fact means. Nice try.

I like how there's no consideration here for being a normal person. Someone who thinks this deal could be steal, but also could be a bad contract we'll have to deal with in the future if he gets injured, but willing to wait and see. No way, you're either furiously hysterical or a blind loyalist. No inbetween right?