HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lewis had his Mowers. Does Claude have his Bourque?

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

vCash: 500
Lewis had his Mowers. Does Claude have his Bourque?

I see a disturbing trend here. It seems that Chris Bourque is seeing undeserved PP time and basically too many shifts. Then he uses him in the shoot-out?

I hope this is not the case, but it makes one wonder if his fathers history with the team is having an influence on the decisions involving Chris. The guy is simply not that good.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:18 AM
PsychoDad

Bourque had the 9th TOI among all forwards yesterday. Considering that he's playing on the 3rd line its pretty much an indication that he is not overused by Julien.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:27 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
....It's two games into the season............

/face_palm

Old
01-22-2013, 06:27 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
I see a disturbing trend here. It seems that Chris Bourque is seeing undeserved PP time and basically too many shifts. Then he uses him in the shoot-out?

I hope this is not the case, but it makes one wonder if his fathers history with the team is having an influence on the decisions involving Chris. The guy is simply not that good.
He's getting his shot, that's all. Many of us suspect it won't last long, but the experiment must take place before any front-office and behind-the-bench conclusions can be drawn.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:36 AM
MVP36

He may not have scored in the shootout, but man, the moves he made alone justify Claude putting him out there IMO.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:

2 games in sheesh.

He did the exact same moves Bergy and Seguin did. Pavalec is suspect but when you face the same shot for the 3rd time chances are he's going to make the save.

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

LOL.

Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the library.

No coach at this level is going to risk his job because of somebody's daddy.
They are giving him a try out based on what he's achieved in Prov..

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
01-22-2013, 06:54 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

What the **** is this garbage? Awful thread.

Bourque has made the PP look better so far when he has been on it.

I think he has a spot in the lineup too. I'd like to occasionally swap him and Paille between the 3rd and 4th line a couple times a game I think Claude thinks the same thing.

500k cap hit? Let Spooner develop and come up when he is ready to be an NHL center. Let Caron earn his shot (and fight the other prospects for next guy called up.)

I like Bourque. Someone has to take a long hard look in the mirror for getting on a local kid who happens to be Ray Bourque's son this early in his Bruins career. Embarrassing thread.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:58 AM
DaveFromNB

Julien deserves the benefit of the doubt, we've seen him over the years give the most ice time to the most deserving players over time, and if over a few games Bourque doesn't cut it, his TOI and even roster status will get adjusted. Bourque won the AHL scoring race last season by a landslide, I'm all for seeing if he can finally replicate that success in the NHL.

And for the shootout, loved seeing him out there. Quite often a new player has pretty good success in the shootout as teams don't have a scouting report on them.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:04 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

At this point it's not about earning powerplay time, it's about having a powerplay that works. If it works with Campbell on there you put Campbell on it. If it works with Paille on there you put Paille on it. When it isn't working you try all your options and Bourque was a good one to try as he's had success running PP's in the AHL.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:13 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
What the **** is this garbage? Awful thread.

Bourque has made the PP look better so far when he has been on it.

I think he has a spot in the lineup too. I'd like to occasionally swap him and Paille between the 3rd and 4th line a couple times a game I think Claude thinks the same thing.

500k cap hit? Let Spooner develop and come up when he is ready to be an NHL center. Let Caron earn his shot (and fight the other prospects for next guy called up.)

I like Bourque. Someone has to take a long hard look in the mirror for getting on a local kid who happens to be Ray Bourque's son this early in his Bruins career. Embarrassing thread.
This is embarrassing ....

Old
01-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Therick67

I'm all for giving this kid a chance, but I thought having him shoot 3rd in the shootout was a bit much..

Old
01-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

I think he's just giving the kid every chance to succeed. It's not like Bourque is a baby faced rookie who needs to learn the pro game (like Seguin was or Hamilton is). Bouque's been around awhile. Put up 90 something points in the AHL last season.

I admit, I was also surprised in the shootout when he went with Bourque over Krejci, who has a higher success rate than anyone on the B's not named Seguin, but Bourque has good quick hands and has had success on the PP and in the shootouts at the AHL level -and has probably looked good when they practice the SO- so he gave him a shot.

01-22-2013, 07:26 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Julien's probably seen Bourque enough in Pro and in practice to convince him the chance is warranted. Shootouts are simple skill exercises and I'm sure he was there with no regard to what we've seen in 2 NHL games.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
This joke could be made about the Fribble club (Campbell, Paille, and Kelly) and be somewhat correct and maybe even funny.

But Bourque? Really? I just don't get it.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

Thread lost me the minute Julien`s name mentioned in the same sentence as Lewis with all due respect

Old
01-22-2013, 07:33 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Me too. This Bourque hate is ridiculous. He has played fine. He has as many points as Horton, Kelly and Peverley. He fits in nice on that third line IMO and should be given atleast 10 games....

Old
01-22-2013, 07:33 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
This is embarrassing ....
No, the sentiment to root against Bourque because we know he is a fringe NHL player (due to age) is horrible. The team gave Ken Hodge's kid a shot and got rewarded with a ton of goals before he inevitably made a quick exit from pro hockey.

FURTHERMORE...the Bourque for small money signing is excellent because he bridges 2 seasons where there was a lot of uncertainty the second of which the cap will go down and his cap hit is extremely low. So in terms of roster management PC was smart to have him instead of another body who won't play in the top 6 pulling in 2 mil or so. Thats what a 3rd liner who can play some PP costs.

We know what Caron is, Spooner needs time, Knight needs more time, and we can still make a trade.

Bourque is a good move.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:39 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Me too. This Bourque hate is ridiculous. He has played fine. He has as many points as Horton, Kelly and Peverley. He fits in nice on that third line IMO and should be given atleast 10 games....
Good post, my "expectations" of Bourque aren`t much different from those I had with Pouliot, that is/was to play a responsible game, contribute from time to time. BP exceeded my expectations, played hard and yes, fell alot, took a few ill timed penalties (ahem, Looch/Marchand not much different but receive many free passes) and I think for the $$, BP more than paid back the Bruins.

Bourque? Well, were 2 games in, and having just finished watching game #2, he looked fine, I don`t expect any 3rd liners to either steal the show. At some point (and that isn`t now) he`ll have to chip in though

Old
01-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Komarov47

Is he in the lineup because Caron is injured or something? Seeing how all stars AHLer (Conacher, Kostka,Aucoin,Bolduc, Jordie Benn...) are used right now and how they perform, it doesn't seems ridiculous to use Bourque.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Therick67

I have no problem with Bourque getting a shot, he's played fine. I just thought going with him 3rd in the shootout was a bit of a reach.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komarov47 View Post
Is he in the lineup because Caron is injured or something? Seeing how all stars AHLer (Conacher, Kostka,Aucoin,Bolduc, Jordie Benn...) are used right now and how they perform, it doesn't seems ridiculous to use Bourque.
Yes, Caron has an upper-body injury.

Julien said post-game that Bourque has had success in the SO in the AHL. Coaches don't just pick guys willy-nilly. He also has extensive experience quarterbacking the PP.

Silly thread is silly.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Scotto74

vCash: 50
He is a third line wing getting a shot. It's not like we have someone riding the pine that is a superstar 3rd liner.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
01-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Reading the GDT yesterday (while supposedly working!) I was expecting to see a train wreck named Chris Bourque when I watched the Bruins in 2.

What I saw was a guy who made 2 nice passes on his first 2 shifts, both leading to scoring chances.

There was a blown assignment in the D end and he may have curled back to the third-man-high position a time or 2 when he could have drove to the net, but nothing that should lead to him being the resident whipping boy after 2 games.

I guess when you're team is 2-0 with a GAA of 1.00 you need to find something to complain about!

Old
01-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Are people really wishing to see Krejci in a shootout.. really?

Closed Thread