HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Sun: Burke possesses the fatal flaw of character - obnoxious arrogance

Old
01-21-2013, 10:59 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
What's ironic is that their own GM is a complete ********* tool. Gillis can kiss my ass and so can the Canucks. The bulk of Burke's work will truly be seen over these upcoming seasons (including this one as well).

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:01 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
What's ironic is that their own GM is a complete ********* tool. Gillis can kiss my ass and so can the Canucks. The bulk of Burke's work will truly be seen over these upcoming seasons (including this one as well).

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:01 PM
rimshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Canadian View Post
This shows more how obsessed Vancouver is over Toronto...this has nothing to do with them and some reporter still feels the need to write.
By"they" I assume you mean the people that wrote the article. Vancouver sports writers speak for Van. citizens in the same way Steve Simmons speaks for Leaf nation...exactly the same way.

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Wow! Pretty angry stuff. Lets calm down and have a nice Canadian chat.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:48 PM
daveleaf

[QUOTE=Preisst;58060225]The article is what it is, a media outlet trying to generate readership. Some of what they say in the excerpted portion (which is what I read) is accurate some of it is personal opinion.

What the excerpt says about Burke is what it is. It is not overly off the mark in its assessment but is one dudes opinion which will spark discussion/readership one way or the other.

Glen Sather says hi.

Again, Glen Sather says hi.

This the same Glen Sather that helped Edmonton win all those cups? Same Glen Sather whose team last year made it to the eastern conference finals? Same fellow that has put together a pretty nice team in NY the last few years with pics, trades and FA signings? Same guy that traded Gomez for MacDonaugh?

If it is, tell him I say hi as well better yet, I will admire his spot in the hall of fame when I get the chance to get down there. Carry on guy.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
[QUOTE=daveleaf;58063825]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post
The article is what it is, a media outlet trying to generate readership. Some of what they say in the excerpted portion (which is what I read) is accurate some of it is personal opinion.

What the excerpt says about Burke is what it is. It is not overly off the mark in its assessment but is one dudes opinion which will spark discussion/readership one way or the other.

Glen Sather says hi.

This the same Glen Sather that helped Edmonton win all those cups? Same Glen Sather whose team last year made it to the eastern conference finals? Same fellow that has put together a pretty nice team in NY the last few years with pics, trades and FA signings? Same guy that traded Gomez for MacDonaugh?

If it is, tell him I say hi as well better yet, I will admire his spot in the hall of fame when I get the chance to get down there. Carry on guy.
Same guy. The one that's been given 13 years do to something and only in the past couple seasons has done so.

Leafidelity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Preisst
Party On!!

[QUOTE=daveleaf;58063825]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post
The article is what it is, a media outlet trying to generate readership. Some of what they say in the excerpted portion (which is what I read) is accurate some of it is personal opinion.

Glen Sather says hi.

yep the same Glen Sather who got the opportunity to have Wayne Gretzky on his team and who has essentially done nothing since that golden chance till very recently when he's had some not bad fortune come his way, but if one actually reviews the body of his case work would realize how poor he is at his job. Yes carry on, the same Glen Sather.

Preisst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:11 AM
achtungbaby

[QUOTE=iPunch;58064245]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post

Same guy. The one that's been given 13 years do to something and only in the past couple seasons has done so.
And that somehow makes Burke a better GM. Never got that part...

Old
01-22-2013, 12:30 AM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
Could argue Burke did alot better in his 3ish years than Sather up to year 3. The last time Sather was a successful GM, Cliff Fletcher had Chuck on his lap at Leafs games.

Leafidelity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Could argue Burke did alot better in his 3ish years than Sather up to year 3. The last time Sather was a successful GM, Cliff Fletcher had Chuck on his lap at Leafs games.
Weird, not seeing any 2nd last finishes without a first round pick..

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Superstar

So Vancouver's got nothing to talk about except the Maple Leafs?

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:11 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Burke's relationship with the media in Vancouver was even more toxic than in Toronto.. I mean they hated each other.

The fans however had a real love for the guy even though he blew it by not getting a goalie for those teams.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:29 AM
MapleLeafGardens*

Wouldn't surprise me the least if Burke never gets another NHL GM job.

MapleLeafGardens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:10 AM
bobg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I've never seen a city with such a inferiority complex as Vancouver does with it's fan base and media.
I live in BC and the #1 sport for sports commentators in Vancouver is bashing everything TML

bobg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:33 AM
BoHorvatFan

There's a reason most people in Vancouver dislike Burke despite the Sedin move. He's a blowhard plain and simple, and a hypocrite. Honestly, you guys are in better shape with Nonis.

Yes he drafted some ''building blocks'' but any other GM would've left you with some or more than he did. He is not a God, a genius, or even a great GM. He is the king of self promotion, image management, and attention whoring.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:56 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
Wouldn't surprise me the least if Burke never gets another NHL GM job.
too many good young hockey people out there ,,,,burke is mediocre ....u can get mediocrity for a lot less money and fanfare ......i think burkes biggest problem is i think ownership new he wouldnt be able to trade kessel ......if in fact the leafs dont progress and i think nonis could pull the trigger if the leafs feel they can add a different cornerstone for the 6-7 mill kessel will want as free agent .......burke having to trade kessel would have sealed his fate anyways ......

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:26 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg1 View Post
I live in BC and the #1 sport for sports commentators in Vancouver is bashing everything TML
I find this funny as no other paper in Canada gives a rat's ass about the Canucks.

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:04 AM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE20 View Post
I find this funny as no other paper in Canada gives a rat's ass about the Canucks.
An inferiority complex, often used to mean low self-esteem, is a feeling of intense insecurity, inferiority or of not measuring up. An inferiority complex can be seen in the negative or "useless" reactions to problems in life. These reactions are useless because they do not solve the problem at hand, but only serve to guard one's self-esteem by avoiding the task or by placing the blame for the failure outside of the individual's control. Although the inferiority complex may be seen as comparing individuals or groups as one being superior to another, it more closely describes how one deals with a fear of failure.

We have to stop worrying about what other people think of us.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:07 AM
daveleaf

[QUOTE=achtungbaby;58064753]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post

And that somehow makes Burke a better GM. Never got that part...
Computer glitch. Lesson learned. Never respond via 'not so smart phone'.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote