HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Trade Discussions Thread II - All ‎

Old
01-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Confucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
The official rumour was Kadri, Bozak and a 2nd.

Really though I don't see us offering them much at this point. Connolly+Blacker maybe ?
Blacker, Only if they take Luongo back in 5 years.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Parkdale

Statements by the Canucks GM that another team (not Tor or Fla) has ante upped an almost acceptable trade proposal for Luongo. Needs another shoe to fall before it will happen apparently. He might be blowing smoke, but glad to see Toronto is not in the conversation.

Parkdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
Statements by the Canucks GM that another team (not Tor or Fla) has ante upped an almost acceptable trade proposal for Luongo. Needs another shoe to fall before it will happen apparently. He might be blowing smoke, but glad to see Toronto is not in the conversation.
He's blowing smoke plus he even got Luongo to chime in with the smoke earlier when he said "Obviously, there are other partners involved besides Florida, Toronto etc"

Florida is only in it because they think they'll get him cheap, as are the Leafs.

I want to know which team is dumb enough to take Luongo's contract by overpaying Gillis and not having him retain any salary at all.

On Twitter people are speculating that the domino that has to fall first for the Luongo deal is Gardiner being ready to play

Yeah...the Leafs aren't trading Gardiner for Luongo.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Parkdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
He's blowing smoke plus.....
Hard to believe that someone in Vancouver is blowing smoke though

Old
01-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Interactif

I'll say it again, as I did a month ago. Grabo for Luongo before it's too late.

5.33 for 5.5, straight swap. Fills both needs for both teams.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:10 AM
daveleaf

With the number of Marlie d-men in the game last night there is something up, whether it was showcasing for a possible trade. I just don't see the Leafs in the corner having to make this trade. We are playing as good as can be expected right now. We are more responsible defensively and Scrivens hasn't had to deal with a dozen super quality chances a night. Buffalo was lucky on the first goal, that could have easily been a tied game.

From what I see Van is in a position where they need to make a change. They are 0-2 and needs the points in a tight western conference. Let them fester! We are fine where we are, if we miss the playoffs we will have some good young players to choose from and continue growing.

Kadri is going to be a very good player for us.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

i wouldn't even give the canucks steckel for luongo. sitting back and watching the side show is much more rewarding. when things are bad in vancouver, it's a great day in the hockey world.

Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
if this is true, it's the best news i've heard all day.

Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Gryph

I find it funny that he calls out the Toronto media for trying to force a trade and then turns around and tries to use the Vancouver media as leverage to try to scare TOR&FLA. To me this is 100% Gillis trying to send a threat to other teams.

Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Stats01

Quote:
He's blowing smoke, the pressure is starting to get to him.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:28 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post

i would do this.

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
i would do this.
With Bozak and Kadri looking every bit like NHL'ers, I bet Nonis and crew are pondering why pay a Center 5.5M when 2 cheaper one's are more effective. We will see if Gillis panics if the losing streak hits 3 and the circus is out of control.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Ruski

Quote:

you think that by trading away our best center is going to make this team better?

Center is our weekest position and Grabo is the only true 1/2 Center we have and by far not the best at his position, just solid two way center with tons of heart.

If we trade Grabo, its only to start another 4-6 year rebuild and then might as well have traded Lupul, Kulemin, etc.

Ruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruski View Post
you think that by trading away our best center is going to make this team better?

Center is our weekest position and Grabo is the only true 1/2 Center we have and by far not the best at his position, just solid two way center with tons of heart.

If we trade Grabo, its only to start another 4-6 year rebuild and then might as well have traded Lupul, Kulemin, etc.
Highly debatable Grabo is our best Center right now, certainly not the last 10 games of last season and 2 games into this season. Plus did you miss the games of Bozak and Kadri?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:39 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:

i know it's only been 2 games, but both Bozak and Kadri have outplayed Grabovski. And if Grabovski is traded, you can always re-call Connolly to give some more depth. I believe the new CBA has eliminated re-entry waivers

Old
01-22-2013, 08:40 AM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
With the number of Marlie d-men in the game last night there is something up, whether it was showcasing for a possible trade. I just don't see the Leafs in the corner having to make this trade. We are playing as good as can be expected right now. We are more responsible defensively and Scrivens hasn't had to deal with a dozen super quality chances a night. Buffalo was lucky on the first goal, that could have easily been a tied game.

From what I see Van is in a position where they need to make a change. They are 0-2 and needs the points in a tight western conference. Let them fester! We are fine where we are, if we miss the playoffs we will have some good young players to choose from and continue growing.

Kadri is going to be a very good player for us.
What's up is when Gardiner returns one of Kostka, Holzer or Fraser has to be sent down so Carlye is trying to see who is more useful. My guess is Fraser gets lost .

BlueBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:41 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:

It's pretty safe to say that they won't trade Grabovski for Luongo, that is a serious overpayment.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:42 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
What's up is when Gardiner returns one of Kostka, Holzer or Fraser has to be sent down so Carlye is trying to see who is more useful. My guess is Fraser gets lost .
Kostka stays and the other two go down.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
i know it's only been 2 games, but both Bozak and Kadri have outplayed Grabovski. And if Grabovski is traded, you can always re-call Connolly to give some more depth. I believe the new CBA has eliminated re-entry waivers
Bobby, Bozak has outplayed Grabo since Kulemin and Lupul went down last year, it's actually 12+ games and counting. People always omit the last 10 games from last year, the sample is growing and if Grabo continues to struggle under Carlyle, his value continues to go down.

Good point about Connolly too.

Old
thewave

Quote:
Highly debatable Grabo is our best Center right now, certainly not the last 10 games of last season and 2 games into this season. Plus did you miss the games of Bozak and Kadri?
Bozak and Kadri played well, kules and Mac are performing worse than grabs

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:43 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
It's pretty safe to say that they won't trade Grabovski for Luongo, that is a serious overpayment.
i heard a rumour that Nonis and Burke were in complete disagreement in regards to the Grabovski re-signing. Not sure if true however

Old
01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
BlueBaron

Quote:

I would trade Grabo for Lu, he's too small, too inconsistent, and he seems unlikely to get much better. Ideally one day our number two center should be a 60-70 point guy with some size. I also don't like his contract. I think he is more replacable than people suggest.

BlueBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Let's hope Gillis doesn't scout Leafs games, I agree Luongo is a serious overpayment for a 5.5M C that looks worse than 2 Centers on our roster this year, and from the final 10 games of last year.

Let's hope Nonis gets lucky and Gillis bites, off a losing beginning and no 2nd line.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Parkdale

Quote:

I would not make this trade. Grabs is overpaid, but has a manageable (and tradable) contract and is 5 years younger.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Bozak and Kadri played well, kules and Mac are performing worse than grabs
Agree with the bolded, but only partially on the second point. They all look bad, I have never seen so much skating from a line with zero results, infact I would say part of the wingers lack of production is tied in to the Center.

Do you not agree a Center's main function for the line is to distribute the puck, create chances for his wingers? Haven't seen this since 10-11, infact when you analzye it, 29 assists for a Center points to the line succeeded inspite of it's Center.