HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Suter getting no love?

Old
06-24-2006, 05:38 AM
Svatos4MVP

vCash: 500
Suter getting no love?

I understand that lots of people are interested in Nashville's core group of young defensemen. However, whenever I hear any trade proposals coming from Nashville fans, they always name Ryan Suter as one of the most likely to go. How come that occurs? I thought Suter was supposed to have the most potential out of the entire group. Wouldn't you want to keep the best prospect defensemen on your team? Is this the reason why he seems to be the odd man out?

Svatos4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2006, 06:39 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
I believe the reason why is because we already have so many medium size offense d-men. Hammer, weber, timonen, and zids all fit under that category. We also have Parent as an up-and-coming d-man that is basically our #1 D-prospect. While Suter MAY be the best D-man out of the group... he is the odd-man out as of right now it looks. Suter is a great d-man, but we need a physical person to add to the d-core... weber fits that. We need a stay-at-home d-man... which klein and zanon seem to fit that. Zids, timonen are our offensive d-men... and hammer is (or will be) our best 2 way d-man in the future.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2006, 07:23 AM
handtrick

The other reason is we are looking to obtain a bonafide #1 center...Suter has the most trade value of our dman prospects of all the skilled, puck-moving, good skating variety that we have so many of.
Parent, Klein, Zanon, Laakso won't get the kind of quality that we need and are looking for.
We are tired of hearing about Perreaults, Sillingers, Robitailles, Beechs, etc. as attempts to fill that void.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote