HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Stu Bickel Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 06:49 PM
  #151
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,158
vCash: 50
Eminger is understandable. I can't stand Gilroy. I don't find him to be very good and he is as soft as a kitten landing on a pillow. At least Stu can get ugly.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:49 PM
  #152
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,810
vCash: 500
Said this last year that Bickel needed to go. We should have been in on Fistric.

What I don't get is what Torts has against Eminger.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:51 PM
  #153
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Bickel has been with the team since December 20th 2011. Since that time he's played 53 games.

If he was coming out of the lineup, he'd be out already.
you may be right but I am sure come the deadline Sather is going to offer one of their extra 3rds and a Dman, maybe Bickel and if not Eminger or Gilroy for a rental Dman ......ideally a top 4 so Stralman gets bumped to 3rd pair with DZ. I would be confident with that

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
  #154
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
To those calling for Gilroy to fill Bickel's spot: Have any of you actually watched Gilroy in the AHL this season? He's a -16 and is, more times than not, the direct cause of a goal against. Next lowest (with the exception of Mashinter who is a -13, -11 of which came from Worchester) is Miller at -8. Do you all honestly and truthfully think Gilroy, who can't even hack it in the AHL, is going to be a better option in the NHL? Ideally we shouldn't have to rely on either.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:27 PM
  #155
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
To those calling for Gilroy to fill Bickel's spot: Have any of you actually watched Gilroy in the AHL this season? He's a -16 and is, more times than not, the direct cause of a goal against. Next lowest (with the exception of Mashinter who is a -13, -11 of which came from Worchester) is Miller at -8. Do you all honestly and truthfully think Gilroy, who can't even hack it in the AHL, is going to be a better option in the NHL? Ideally we shouldn't have to rely on either.
Then why did the Ranger organization sign Gilroy to an NHL contract?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:28 PM
  #156
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Eminger is understandable. I can't stand Gilroy. I don't find him to be very good and he is as soft as a kitten landing on a pillow. At least Stu can get ugly.
Yeah at least Bickel is one of the better fighters around and I've said many times I wouldn't mind him mixing things up at forward.

Gilroy is just as bad and doesn't bring that element, so he's even worse imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Then why did the Ranger organization sign Gilroy to an NHL contract?
Because the Rangers organization is stupid. We pretty much established that from 1941-1993.

__________________
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
  #157
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Then why did the Ranger organization sign Gilroy to an NHL contract?
As a backup plan in case of injuries?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:03 PM
  #158
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
I came here expecting rage toward an offense that looks like the unstructured garbage of the early '00's, and goaltending that collapsed in the last game. Instead, top thread is about Stu Bickel destroying this team. Oh boy.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:07 PM
  #159
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Said this last year that Bickel needed to go. We should have been in on Fistric.

What I don't get is what Torts has against Eminger.
Eminger is as bad as Boyle at staying on his feet. He's as bad as Bickel and takes minor penalties .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:23 PM
  #160
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
I came here expecting rage toward an offense that looks like the unstructured garbage of the early '00's, and goaltending that collapsed in the last game. Instead, top thread is about Stu Bickel destroying this team. Oh boy.
Our main problem was not offense or goaltending. The defense was terrible. They repeatedly hung Hank to dry in this game. Richard's dumb penalty and Staal's turnover led to the first goal, Bickel's poor play led to the second, a deflection off Girardi (not blaming him) led to the third, a terrible change led to the fourth, and McDonagh going out of position led to the fifth. I don't see any reason to blame the goalies in there.

As for the offense, good offense will come from good defense. Right now everybody's just running around out there. Once they get organized the offense should come.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:05 AM
  #161
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Hell with ywhy dont just bring up Big Mac, I mean can he do worse than Bickel? and he will actually destroy some of these guys in a fight?

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:23 AM
  #162
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
I came here expecting rage toward an offense that looks like the unstructured garbage of the early '00's, and goaltending that collapsed in the last game. Instead, top thread is about Stu Bickel destroying this team. Oh boy.
You shoudn't be surprised. Rangers fans have a long history of not understanding what is wrong. Instead, they inevitably select a dman as a whipping boy and keep on whipping until he is gone.

Redden was the previous version and I have witnessed if for 50 years.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:26 AM
  #163
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
I came here expecting rage toward an offense that looks like the unstructured garbage of the early '00's, and goaltending that collapsed in the last game. Instead, top thread is about Stu Bickel destroying this team. Oh boy.
The guy's directly responsible for a goal against literally every game. He's not the only problem but he could very well be the biggest right now.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:47 AM
  #164
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The guy's directly responsible for a goal against literally every game. He's not the only problem but he could very well be the biggest right now.
Really? The problem with the team is Stu friggin' Bickel?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:39 AM
  #165
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,022
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Really? The problem with the team is Stu friggin' Bickel?
Exactly.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:31 AM
  #166
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Really? The problem with the team is Stu friggin' Bickel?
Bickel's mistake against the Pens was a really bad one that came at a really bad time.

But, correct, to scapegoat him and try to frame some sort of argument that his blunder was the reason behind a loss is ignorant. The Rangers weren't winning the game with an in-his-prime Nik Lidstrom taking Bickel's place.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:33 AM
  #167
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Really? The problem with the team is Stu friggin' Bickel?
Yeah when you're supposed to be contending and you have a player that's nowhere near NHL level in your everyday lineup that's a massive ****ing problem.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:34 AM
  #168
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 500
The problem the Rangers have is that MDZ is adequate defensively but he is in no way able to anchor a pairing. Having him play with Bickel and vica versa just doesn't seem like it will work. Neither can cover for the other players mistakes.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
  #169
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yeah when you're supposed to be contending and you have a player that's nowhere near NHL level in your everyday lineup that's a massive ****ing problem.
Thinking Bickel is "nowhere near NHL level" might be the first massive problem you'll need to decipher.

Hes a borderline NHL talent - he wouldnt have made it this far with the team if he wasnt.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
  #170
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thinking Bickel is "nowhere near NHL level" might be the first massive problem you'll need to decipher.

Hes a borderline NHL talent - he wouldnt have made it this far with the team if he wasnt.
Tortorella playing favorites to goons, bro!

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:39 AM
  #171
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thinking Bickel is "nowhere near NHL level" might be the first massive problem you'll need to decipher.

Hes a borderline NHL talent - he wouldnt have made it this far with the team if he wasnt.
He's getting embarrassed at the NHL level and prior to coming to the Rangers he played exactly 0 NHL games in 4 years.

Suddenly last December Torts decided he's an NHL-caliber player. I've yet to see it. He's made it this far because our coach sees something in him that nobody else has seen since he was drafted, and I'd really like to know what it is.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
  #172
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He's getting embarrassed at the NHL level and prior to coming to the Rangers he played exactly 0 NHL games in 4 years.

Suddenly last December Torts decided he's an NHL-caliber player. I've yet to see it. He's made it this far because our coach sees something in him that nobody else has seen since he was drafted, and I'd really like to know what it is.
Hes tough. Its not rocket science.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:49 AM
  #173
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,022
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yeah when you're supposed to be contending and you have a player that's nowhere near NHL level in your everyday lineup that's a massive ****ing problem.
It's not Bickel's fault that Gaborik doesn't have a goal yet. It's not Bickel's fault that Hagelin has taken bad penalties. It's not Bickel's fault that Richards has made some ill-advised drop passes. It's not Bickel's fault that Staal has had some egregious turnovers. It's not Bickel's fault that Hank has given up some bad goals.

The team isn't playing well. Isolating the sixth defenseman is ridiculous. Especially when he played less than a half a period in one game.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
  #174
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He's getting embarrassed at the NHL level and prior to coming to the Rangers he played exactly 0 NHL games in 4 years.

Suddenly last December Torts decided he's an NHL-caliber player. I've yet to see it. He's made it this far because our coach sees something in him that nobody else has seen since he was drafted, and I'd really like to know what it is.
Bicekl was never drafted.. signed as a undrafted UFA


http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=7122

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
  #175
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Hes tough. Its not rocket science.
There's lots of guys that are tough that can play hockey at an NHL level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's not Bickel's fault that Gaborik doesn't have a goal yet. It's not Bickel's fault that Hagelin has taken bad penalties. It's not Bickel's fault that Richards has made some ill-advised drop passes. It's not Bickel's fault that Staal has had some egregious turnovers. It's not Bickel's fault that Hank has given up some bad goals.

The team isn't playing well. Isolating the sixth defenseman is ridiculous. Especially when he played less than a half a period in one game.
Like I said he's not our only problem.

But he has been an issue and he's been an issue going back to last year when the team was playing well. So much so that he was unofficially cut for the playoffs.

How long do we continue to let a guy blatantly not work before we at least try something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Bicekl was never drafted.. signed as a undrafted UFA


http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=7122
Right....but the point remains.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.