HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

2012-13 SEL Season

Old
01-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Hockeyfrilla

vCash: 500
Excellent game Skellefteå-HV71.

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 01-19-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:59 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Excellent game Skellefteå-HV71.
Indeed, best regular season game in years.

Helber is an idiot though.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:06 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post

Skellefteå-Färjestad in december was better. Skellefteå-Luleå was up there as well. Been getting spoiled with good games lately.

http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/971929/j...i-seriefinalen
Good fight! Now watch them get suspended for 2 games...

SurMartin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Garl

Great fight between Lundberg and Nilson! Like that.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:26 AM
joe89

Good game, honest fight, and now they're gonna get suspended because you can't get carried away like that!!

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:

It's funny how it's only the Frölunda and Modo fans who seem to think that. In my opinion, it's pretty obvious that Helber isn't the problem here... It's ridiculous that just because he's said stuff in the past that you don't agree with, you automatically hate everything about him. Quite childish, to be honest.

Schnurvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

vCash: 50
Quote:
Playoff tickets, and especially for those games you mention will be hard to come by no matter what team it is playing.
as in there wont be many because they all go to STH? or because theyre expensive? i'm more than willing to pay...

Click Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:04 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
as in there wont be many because they all go to STH? or because theyre expensive? i'm more than willing to pay...
Season ticket holders, members, and sponsors, etc. If you're looking for tickets to for example HV who already plays at some 95+% capacity it will be virtually impossible to get your hands on tickets first hand. Scalpers are always an option though if you're willing to pay, check blocket.se or outside the arena on game day.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:06 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
It's funny how it's only the Frölunda and Modo fans who seem to think that. In my opinion, it's pretty obvious that Helber isn't the problem here... It's ridiculous that just because he's said stuff in the past that you don't agree with, you automatically hate everything about him. Quite childish, to be honest.
Well I've always considered him to be an idiot... But please do entertain me, who or what is really the problem?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Harks

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Good game, honest fight, and now they're gonna get suspended because you can't get carried away like that!!
http://norran.se/2013/01/sport/hocke...reds-av-polis/

Lövensvin!

Harks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:21 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harks View Post
I think I'll go on a reporting-spree to the Umeå-police, starting with all the hits and penalties in the Björklöven-Östersund game tonight and then move on to the martial arts clubs. Can't wait for the raid at the MMA-gala!

Last edited by SurMartin: 01-22-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old
01-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Exactly. You can't go around body-checking people in the street either. #Reportmania

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Hockeyfrilla

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...gs-ner-direkt/

Old
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Luckily the police in Skellefteå are a bit more used to real hockey.

Seriously though, I can imagine the wife of the policeman sitting at the breakfast table seeing the picture in the newspaper.
" Så hemskt med allt blod! Så här får det inte gå till i sport, på gatan hade det anmälts!! Du måste göra något åt detta, Bertil!"

Old
01-25-2013, 05:30 PM
FlyersFan61290

Hey guys, was wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts on Joacim Eriksson. I've followed him since the Flyers drafted him several years back but I only get to see a few games every now and then via online streams. Based on his numbers I would say he has developed well but for some reason the Flyers decided not to give him a contract. They ended up going with Hovinen, a Finnish goalie drafted by the wild a couple years before Eriksson was drafted, even though he wasn't nearly as good according to his stats. Mainly I was wondering where you guys would rank him among the top goalies in the SEL, if you think he could have an NHL future and why, if he's as good as his numbers indicate, has he not been offered a contract by another team. He doesn't turn 23 until the end of this season if I'm not mistaken so he's still relatively young and being as though Hovinen didn't work out (he was on waivers for the purpose of a mutual contract termination before getting picked up by the oilers) I was thinking they should look into giving him a contract now.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Jan Hlavac, David Åslin, Ryan Lasch --> Växjö

Vesce released by Skellefteå.

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 01-26-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old
01-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 700
Joacim Eriksson has a good team in front of him (Svensson, who plays about 40% of the time, also has good stats). Having said that, I might rank Joacim around... fifth this year. But does Eriksson want to go to North America now? How do you think his current situation compares to spending time in the AHL to get used to playing in North America?

I don't know anything about Eriksson's goals or motivations, I'm just throwing these questions out there.

Howe Elbows 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:39 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
Joacim Eriksson has a good team in front of him (Svensson, who plays about 40% of the time, also has good stats). Having said that, I might rank Joacim around... fifth this year. But does Eriksson want to go to North America now? How do you think his current situation compares to spending time in the AHL to get used to playing in North America?

I don't know anything about Eriksson's goals or motivations, I'm just throwing these questions out there.
there were some rumors a while back that he really wanted to come over but the Flyers asked him to stay over another year for development. that was several years ago. after he wasn't signed and the flyers lost his rights there was a bunch of speculation that he didn't want to come over unless he had and NHL job. i can't attest to the validity of any of these statements it's just what i read online. so i guess you could say i really don't know anything about Eriksson's goal/motivations either.

as far as his role in the flyers organization. they really don't have a lot of up and coming goalies. they signed Cal Heeter out of College who's currently in the ECHL and Anthony Stolarz how they just drafted last year but he'll be in juniors for a couple more years. After that they just have a bunch of vets/back-ups in Scott Munroe (who's on an AHL contract and can't be called up), Brian Boucher and Leighton. All three of those guys will be gone after this year so i guarantee he could get significant playing time in the AHL at the very least if not a back-up job. and just a side note if Bryzgalov doesn't perform well he may very well be bought in which case the Flyers would be looking for a starter. bottom line is starting next season i believe he would have every opportunity in NA.

just out of curiosity if Svensson hasn't been playing as well
(2.15GAA .916SV% in 18GP compared to 1.71GAA .931SV% in 24GP for Eriksson) and he's six years older, why is he getting so many starts?

thanks for the response by the way.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:04 PM
joe89

The numbers are 92.26 and 93.08 respectively right now. Pretty common SEL coaching to split the starts when you have two good goalies.

Eriksson was always a curious case to me, he showed improvement every season after getting drafted. I think most people were a little surprised at the time. I don't know if Philly had too many contracts, but if you draft a guy and he does well the normal case would be to offer a contract. Can't see why he wouldn't have signed, he could still stay and develop his game in Sweden.

Long-term staying in Sweden has been very good for him and he's absolutely ready to take the next step. But I don't see Philadelphia having the inside track to sign him if he wants to go overseas, more like it's a smaller chance he signs there considering they drafted him and didn't come to terms. He's by far the best UFA goalie from Sweden this upcoming summer. Last summer Fasth, Nilstorp and Svedberg all signed contracts as UFAs. The former two are NHL backups already this year and Svedberg is an AHL all-star. I see no real reason why Eriksson couldn't succeed too. He's not really a latebloomer either, he was always promising and still is.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
The numbers are 92.26 and 93.08 respectively right now. Pretty common SEL coaching to split the starts when you have two good goalies.

Eriksson was always a curious case to me, he showed improvement every season after getting drafted. I think most people were a little surprised at the time. I don't know if Philly had too many contracts, but if you draft a guy and he does well the normal case would be to offer a contract. Can't see why he wouldn't have signed, he could still stay and develop his game in Sweden.

Long-term staying in Sweden has been very good for him and he's absolutely ready to take the next step. But I don't see Philadelphia having the inside track to sign him if he wants to go overseas, more like it's a smaller chance he signs there considering they drafted him and didn't come to terms. He's by far the best UFA goalie from Sweden this upcoming summer. Last summer Fasth, Nilstorp and Svedberg all signed contracts as UFAs. The former two are NHL backups already this year and Svedberg is an AHL all-star. I see no real reason why Eriksson couldn't succeed too. He's not really a latebloomer either, he was always promising and still is.
thanks for the info. like i said i've been following him for a couple yrs but unfortunately i don't get to see him play a whole bunch, though i do consider myself a fan. so i really appreciate any insight into the situation. i'll keep my fingers crossed that the flyers can get him signed. just wish i knew a journalist/sports writer who could ask my questions/get me some answers, hahaha.

the whole reason this came up is because the flyers fan base seems to be torn on him. half think he should be offered a contract the other half think that since no NHL team has signed him all ready that he's not NHL material/doesn't have the potential. from my comments you can probably guess which side of the argument i'm on.

little off topic but does anyone know how i could catch some more games here in America or do you have to be in Sweden? i find streams online now and again but they're few and far between.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:10 AM
joe89

Apropos of Eriksson, he was just named to the National team. About potential, as a rule of thumb you could say that any SEL starter under 25 has the chance to play in the NHL one day if he puts in the the hard work. There's a goalie boom in Sweden right now.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Huffman

Rumour: Anders Forsberg --> Modo

http://mrmadhawk.se/2013/january/bom...dotranare.html

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Apropos of Eriksson, he was just named to the National team. About potential, as a rule of thumb you could say that any SEL starter under 25 has the chance to play in the NHL one day if he puts in the the hard work. There's a goalie boom in Sweden right now.
100,00% since he got named to the national team.

For some reason Skellefteå are unable to score any ENGs. These two last games they've missed opportunities from ~5 feet... it's starting to become a bit ridiculous.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:05 PM
KRM

Embarrassingly bad refereeing in Scandinavium today.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Huffman

Can AIK or Växjö catch Brynäs? Brynäs won't win any games if they play like they did today against LHF and thursday against FBK, they have lost 10 of their last 11 games.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote