HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets @ Caps | Tue Jan 22 | 6PM | Verizon Center | Game 3 | "The Ovechkin Menace"

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 08:38 AM
SCP Guy

vCash: 50
Hope since we got into Washington at about 8 pm last night we play a little better in this back to back then the usual 2 am arrival time in most back to backs! Might have a little more pep?

Go Jets Go!!!!!

Old
01-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663
If we were to win the second game of a back-to-back, this would seem to be it. So Go Jets Go!!!

Old
01-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunhil View Post
No offense but how effective is this really? Hainsey is brutal, can't wait till he is gone. I feel rad jets guy trumps any Hainsey gibberish.
YOU GET THE HELL OUT OF THESE FORUMS!?!?!?!!?!??!!?!!!!!!

Jets win 6-1.
Ron Hainsey Scores 6 goals until he is gone.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:03 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

I have a feeling our forwards are going to break out tonight and do some scoring. Hope our D have legs because Buff, Toby, Hainsey, and Stuie logged some big minutes yesterday.

Perhaps a wild high scoring affair is in the works.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Huffer

Really hoping for some jump tonight and to continue getting better.

Really don't want to face the Pens on Friday at 0-2-1.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Troy and Jay talking now about Ladd after a caller just called in and made a few point about Ladd's lack of hustling back to the defensive zone, untimely penalties, turnovers, etc.

They're expanding on how Ladd makes some pretty blatant mistakes, yet doesn't catch much noise for it. Perhaps because he is Captain? Because he has 2 Stanley Cups? Byfuglien hears it when he turns it over or gets lazy. Kane hears it when he makes mistakes. What about the Captain?

Agree, disagree?

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
01-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Really hoping for some jump tonight and to continue getting better.

Really don't want to face the Pens on Friday at 0-2-1.
This game is big time important. No room for error, really. We all witnessed what a poor start did to us last season, and this season it is so much more magnified.

We gotta win tonight, or worst case scenario at least get a point and get the game to OT.

I want to see the Jets team who showed up to Boston last night. Our offense has to click here, our depth is so well spread out from lines 1-4, it's so important we begin finding the back of the net.

Offense from this group does indeed concern me. Sure we were around 12th in GF last season, but let's not forget as we approached the trade deadline, Ladd spoke out publicly about Chevy (management) bringing in a forward who could score, help with the offense - because we were not getting it done. Goal scoring could still be a problem for this team this season. I hope we can break out here because the last thing we need is guys going into goal scoring droughts in this short season. We need confidence and we need to gain it quickly.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:22 AM
shaunhil

The only time I really noticed Ladd yesterday was after he gave the Bruins a goal. He wanted to redeem himself the next shift it seemed. It's to bad that is what it seems to take right now.

We looked better yesterday but if everybody had whatever Buff had for breakfast against Ottawa. We would be looking really good.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:27 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
No offense but how effective is this really? Hainsey is brutal, can't wait till he is gone. I feel rad jets guy trumps any Hainsey gibberish.
How effective is Hainsey?
Well he's effective enough to be the best piece we have as a #4 and his effectiveness is right on par in the NHL for #4 OR for a tough minutes dfensemen... I broke it down here:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...697&highlight=

EDIT:
I am however a strong supporter of upgrading him

Old
01-22-2013, 09:28 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

came in to check the lineups for the game and see the first post and just die laughing. thanks for that fantastic. hope you guys walk away victorious in regulation time

Old
01-22-2013, 09:36 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Troy and Jay talking now about Ladd after a caller just called in and made a few point about Ladd's lack of hustling back to the defensive zone, untimely penalties, turnovers, etc.

They're expanding on how Ladd makes some pretty blatant mistakes, yet doesn't catch much noise for it. Perhaps because he is Captain? Because he has 2 Stanley Cups? Byfuglien hears it when he turns it over or gets lazy. Kane hears it when he makes mistakes. What about the Captain?

Agree, disagree?
he doesnt get flack because he is the jets captain

but he does get **** on here about his stupid late game penalties

Old
01-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Not a fan of this Caps lineup. Jets win.

Go

Time for a #$%*&*$@!# musical interlude...

Old
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
shaunhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
How effective is Hainsey?
Well he's effective enough to be the best piece we have as a #4 and his effectiveness is right on par in the NHL for #4 OR for a tough minutes dfensemen... I broke it down here:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...697&highlight=

EDIT:
I am however a strong supporter of upgrading him
After watching Chara keep Wheeler in line it was killing me that Burmi was the only one man enough to hit him. Hainsey needs and will get replaced with a man. If that has to be Trouba or someone else it needs to happen. I know a Chara comes once in a blue moon but we need someone that strikes fear into the other team.

It doesn't need to be a D really I just feel this will be Hainseys' last year as a Jet. Usually keep to myself on this forum but come on. No doubt we need goals and I'm just going against the grain hoping it breaks the back to back curse.

Kane and Olli gel today 2 goals on that line and Ladd gets his first of the year. Jets handle the Capitals who start to question there new #1 goalie.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:45 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

SABBATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post

Go

Old
01-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post

Agree, disagree?
I was listening to that and had to shut it off I just have no respect for Westwoods takes...

Ladd doesnt catch flak because he usually plays better. His timing is obviously off and looks hella rusty. Like anyone im gonna give them a week or two before I pass judgement cause this isn't a normal season and you just cant compare it to a regular season.

We all know that Ladd is playing above himself and he gets a little extra rope from me because he is not an elite player but still managed to put up numbers on our top line basically done more then we could ask from him

Old
01-22-2013, 09:48 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post

Go

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I see your Wizard and raise you...

Old
01-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
After watching Chara keep Wheeler in line it was killing me that Burmi was the only one man enough to hit him. Hainsey needs and will get replaced with a man. If that has to be Trouba or someone else it needs to happen. I know a Chara comes once in a blue moon but we need someone that strikes fear into the other team.

It doesn't need to be a D really I just feel this will be Hainseys' last year as a Jet. Usually keep to myself on this forum but come on. No doubt we need goals and I'm just going against the grain hoping it breaks the back to back curse.

Kane and Olli gel today 2 goals on that line and Ladd gets his first of the year. Jets handle the Capitals who start to question there new #1 goalie.
Weak argument.

The Jets already have Buff and Stuart, guys who "strike fear" or play a style similar to what you're after and they're both less than stellar on defense.

The problem with guys who "strike fear" is they usually use that to try and throw a hit which takes them out of position or causes them to get beat.

Yes Hainsey absolutely has holes in his game, but the arguments people use on here to try and discredit him are almost always full of bias and lack any real reasoning. Hell I don't know how many times garret has had to link his Hainsey thread alone on people using arguments that make little to no sense.

And yes I'm aware of my own bias.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I counter with their best song, go all in on the river... and win!

#GO JETS GO!!!

Old
01-22-2013, 09:56 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Great choice. Although I love the original Paranoid video with the crazy psycho spinning black/white wheels, here's one of the heaviest riffs ever:

(but what was Ozzy wearing?!)

Quote:
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Old
01-22-2013, 10:19 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
i wonder if we see Montoya in net?? Also would be nice to see Wright or Peluso in the lineup!

Last edited by bigplay41: 01-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old
01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
i wonder if we see Montoya in net?? Also would be night to see Wright or Peluso in the lineup!
highly doubt imo

He could get the start vs the islanders Sunday

Old
01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
buyinnow

Quote:
highly doubt imo

He could get the start vs the islanders Sunday
Vs Wash....Wright in. Wellwood out

Old
01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

If they come out with the same hustle as Bruins game we can win this. What is lacking is the finish, but I think that is just the rust showing. Wheeler looked like he woke up in OT which is good. Kane looked good. Antro looked bad on PP. Sheif needs more ice time.I look around the league and see young guys in the same draft class as him getting more opportunity to show what they got. It seems to be Noel's coaching method. Give a guy 3 minutes of ice time, then bench him for not producing.

Old
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyinnow View Post
Vs Wash....Wright in. Wellwood out
So who gets pushed to 2nd line.... Burmi, Antro or Scheif...
I know who I'd do but curious on Noel.

Old
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports
#NHLJets head coach Claude Noel tells reporters that F James Wright will replace Kyle Wellwood vs Caps. Line combos still undetermined

I am ok with this, though I wouldn't mind having Wellwoods creativity in a game vs. Washington. This one may contain little defence and more run and gun. Though I suppose Wright could be a good defensive guy to have in there tonight. I was prepared to see Wellwood out of yesterdays game (though likely too soon in terms of chemistry being just game no. 2).. so we'll see how this goes.

I am hoping, hoping, hoping this means Scheifele moves up in the line-up. It has to happen. Either or, Scheifele will in all likelihood be in the top 6-9. That is a good thing.

Closed Thread