HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 11:12 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
And theres nothing wrong with that.
Gillis can ask for whatever he likes. Getting it is another matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Seems Mr.Gillis is trying to raise the value by saying "we have a deal.... but we have to wait...", and it's a team nobody has discussed!! (also known as "hey, TO and EDM, you better up your offers")
I think Edmonton can safely be crossed off the list (TO too). Dubnyk just played against RL and looked really good in the win. And his contract is 66% of the cap hit and 20% of the term of the RL deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthetrap View Post
All not nearly as good as Luongo.
Kipper still is. Even though he's old and you'd have to expect he starts to slow down soon. Much like RL when he hits that age in 3 years

Old
01-22-2013, 11:12 AM
doorman

Quote:
It certainly hasnt calmed you down.
I am not actually all that excited, about the deal. What I don't understand is how it does calm things down from a media standpoint though? feel free to explain how the media will now let this go as has been said?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
Totally going to the blackhawks
As a Canucks fan, I like Luongo and hope he finishes his career strong somewhere, and he will. I wouldn't even be against this. Him on the Hawks would almost assuredly be a team playing for the Cup for the next 3-4 years. That cracks a big window wide open for him and them.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:15 AM
fearthetrap

I love Kipper but I think Lou is much better. The Flames need something big and the organization doesn't know what a rebuild is so I could see them taking on Lou. Also I think the Red Wings will soon realize that Howard is overrated. I think you need to add the sharks in the mix because they are not afraid of making big moves, and adding Lou puts them back in the mix for a top spot in the West.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Seriously?? They reported that GM's felt the price was to high. Hell.your own GM admitted that.

I hope you guys get what you are looking for....i have no ill will.

Seriously. The TOR media has had the smear campaign out since day one. McKenzie started it off with the Komisarek/cap dump garbage, and it went from there. They don't have a clue. Not a single one of them, be it McKenzie or Dreger or Cox. Not on this issue. TOR media understand that it's a hot topic but have taken the slant from a TOR perspective and ran with it because that's all they have to go on.

Under the Gillis regime, there have been no leaks. There is literally no insider information here. Even Gallagher, who has covered the team for 30+ years and who was/is a friend to Gillis _prior_ to his hiring, gets specs of information, if anything at all. He got the Hodgson thing, but beyond that, it's like Tinker Tailor over here. Mums the word. So creative media types have to dig so hard for just scraps, or make it up. Enter TOR media that has a mainline to TOR management (or connection in the past a la Shannon) and you have the perfect opportunity to push an agenda, whatever it is, to drum up interest or decrease it.

During the lockout, near the end, Kypreos said it best when he said that he was refusing to report anything further for he felt that he was being used. That's what is happening here. That's what Gillis is trying to point out. Information is getting to the TOR media circuit that doesn't include the VAN agenda at all, and they are pushing it hard. There's no balance. It's plain to see, and it's why Gillis reacted.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:18 AM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Because MG is lying. Nothing's changed
Gotta love you Leafs fans, Nonis speaks the truth, yet Gillis lies...

The TSN guys are not going to report anything unless they know it's true and isn't just repeating old news.

When Gillis makes a trade there usually is a quiet before the storm and only when the deal is done or very close to done is when the insiders are able to get any information about it.

Basically what I'm saying is that if the TSN guys start reporting on it then the deal will happen very quickly after that.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
You're last line says it all.

The implication is that our best/only option is to keep him. Even though it's clear the organization is committed to Schneider. Gillis' recent comments starkly contrast this notion.
Wow...over react much? They were not saying it was the "only option". They said that because of injuries (Kesler/Booth) having to excellent goalies is a good thing....geez/

Old
01-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Gotta love you Leafs fans, Nonis speaks the truth, yet Gillis lies...

The TSN guys are not going to report anything unless they know it's true and isn't just repeating old news.

When Gillis makes a trade there usually is a quiet before the storm and only when the deal is done or very close to done is when the insiders are able to get any information about it.

Basically what I'm saying is that if the TSN guys start reporting on it then the deal will happen very quickly after that.
Doesn't this contradict what all Nuck's fans are saying?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
canux17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
So Vancouver is shopping Luongo because they have two young goalies (Schneider and Lack) with #1 upside and his contract give them no room to develop, and the plan is to shop it to the Caps, who also have two young goalies (Holtby and Neuvirth) with #1 upside, where his contract would again crowd out their development. In what world does this make any sense? In what way is Washington's situation any different than Vancouver's?
Your not comparing holtby or neuvirth to schneider are you ?

Old
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
I am not actually all that excited, about the deal. What I don't understand is how it does calm things down from a media standpoint though? feel free to explain how the media will now let this go as has been said?
My point would be who cares what the media thinks.

If it isnt this "drama" its another drama.

Old
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Because MG is lying. Nothing's changed
Oh yes everything GMMG says is lies and slander while Nonnis is the noble white night who operates on honor and is only able of telling the truth! Such a saint would never use his cousin who he feeds information so he can be an insider to manipulate other teams

Come on guys lets use some common sense here. Is Gillis posturing? Probably, but hey guess what? So is Nonnis. Neither guy is a saint and both fan bases need to stop taking their GMs words as gospel! Every GM is capable of pulling a Holmgren!

Old
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Gillis can ask for whatever he likes. Getting it is another matter.

I think Edmonton can safely be crossed off the list (TO too). Dubnyk just played against RL and looked really good in the win. And his contract is 66% of the cap hit and 20% of the term of the RL deal.

Kipper still is. Even though he's old and you'd have to expect he starts to slow down soon. Much like RL when he hits that age in 3 years
He's not going to Edmonton or Calgary in any scenario, Gillis won't trade him within the division. He'd have to be nuts.

But comparing Luongo to Dubnyk will not come out in Dubnyk's favor in any scenario. Regardless of contract status. Dubnyk is the next Alex Auld in my opinion. Luongo at 33 hold the majority of goaltending records for 2 different NHL organizations.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Seriously. The TOR media has had the smear campaign out since day one. McKenzie started it off with the Komisarek/cap dump garbage, and it went from there. They don't have a clue. Not a single one of them, be it McKenzie or Dreger or Cox. Not on this issue. TOR media understand that it's a hot topic but have taken the slant from a TOR perspective and ran with it because that's all they have to go on.

Under the Gillis regime, there have been no leaks. There is literally no insider information here. Even Gallagher, who has covered the team for 30+ years and who was/is a friend to Gillis _prior_ to his hiring, gets specs of information, if anything at all. He got the Hodgson thing, but beyond that, it's like Tinker Tailor over here. Mums the word. So creative media types have to dig so hard for just scraps, or make it up. Enter TOR media that has a mainline to TOR management (or connection in the past a la Shannon) and you have the perfect opportunity to push an agenda, whatever it is, to drum up interest or decrease it.

During the lockout, near the end, Kypreos said it best when he said that he was refusing to report anything further for he felt that he was being used. That's what is happening here. That's what Gillis is trying to point out. Information is getting to the TOR media circuit that doesn't include the VAN agenda at all, and they are pushing it hard. There's no balance. It's plain to see, and it's why Gillis reacted.
Is this the same media that had zero...like i mean nada...clue that Burke was being fired?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I could see Edmonton trying to get Luongo. Not sure if they'd trade a #1 goalie to a divisional rival, but they have a deep prospect pool, some of them could easily be interesting to the Canucks.

The player they would be waiting to clear could be Shawn Horcoff.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM
doorman

Quote:
My point would be who cares what the media thinks.

If it isnt this "drama" its another drama.
And, point taken, but tell me how this whole hey does anyone know where lou going quesTions will be good for the Nucks? I hope they get a hockey trade for him, I sincerely do. Cup windows don't stay open forever and yours is closing. So if they get good value for him and bring a cup back to Canada great. However that a deal is in place has been stated publicly I fail to see how this helps the Nucks until it goes through.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Oh yes everything GMMG says is lies and slander while Nonnis is the noble white night who operates on honor and is only able of telling the truth! Such a saint would never use his cousin who he feeds information so he can be an insider to manipulate other teams

Come on guys lets use some common sense here. Is Gillis posturing? Probably, but hey guess what? So is Nonnis. Neither guy is a saint and both fan bases need to stop taking their GMs words as gospel! Every GM is capable of pulling a Holmgren!
I won't defend ANY GM's honesty...but how is Nonis posturing? He has said zilch about a Luongo trade...the TO media has pretty much been silent about it for a week or better.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Kershaw

Lu for Forsberg, Johansson, 1st.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
And, point taken, but tell me how this whole hey does anyone know where lou going quesTions will be good for the Nucks? I hope they get a hockey trade for him, I sincerely do. Cup windows don't stay open forever and yours is closing. So if they get good value for him and bring a cup back to Canada great. However that a deal is in place has been stated publicly I fail to see how this helps the Nucks until it goes through.
How does it hurt the nucks?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Wow...over react much? They were not saying it was the "only option". They said that because of injuries (Kesler/Booth) having to excellent goalies is a good thing....geez/
So they should keep him until they're healthy, is that what you meant? Because it's not what was implied.

It really doesn't matter when, he'll be traded for a decent, not excellent, return at some point and it will raise some eyebrows around here. But that's going to happen with any Lu deal.

Hard to say why Gillis made those comments, but I won't keep arguing about something there is no concrete explanation for. All I can be sure of is that Gillis is acting in the best interests of the Canucks, and that's as much as I can ask.

Old
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Is this the same media that had zero...like i mean nada...clue that Burke was being fired?

Did you not hear McKenzie hear rumblings of this as far back as July, but didn't report it because he thought it had no legs?

Steve Simmons also said the exact same thing on air. That he heard about it earlier in the year.

They knew, but they didn't report it.

Oh, and it's well known Shannon got his Bozak + Kadri rumour from within TOR management offices.

You were saying?

Old
CJV123

maybe CHI has to waive Emery? I know it goes against the idea you don't trade him to a Western Conference rival, but CHI has to feel good about their team this year exc for G.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:28 AM
CJV123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
not sure if serious.

Old
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Agreed. Washington seems to be the best fit both in terms of need and the pieces to get a deal done. I'm hoping Holtby can't get it done.

Old
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
Totally going to the blackhawks
Totally have the same feeling.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
I could see Edmonton trying to get Luongo. Not sure if they'd trade a #1 goalie to a divisional rival, but they have a deep prospect pool, some of them could easily be interesting to the Canucks.

The player they would be waiting to clear could be Shawn Horcoff.
I'm hoping Gillis is like most Canucks fans and would rather gouge out his eyes with a spoon then trade Luongo for Horcoff.

Closed Thread