HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
  #476
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
so your telling me you would not want a top 6 forward that can change the momentum by getting into the fight/sticking up for his teammates when things go wrong.. i really wish NYR had a Hartnell Lucic type of player..look at what happened when Drew Stafford fought last night. Rangers cant have a top 6 of smaller forwards and one power forward.. no one was complaining when Adam Graves was here and getting into fights, same can be said with Mark Messier.. and another thing.. Callahan is one of the better hitters in the NHL, but he seems the type of player that will break down with age by the way he plays his heart out....just something to consider...
No. No I never said any of that...at all. I'm saying that is not what those players were brought here to do. Graves was not brought here to fight, neither was Messier. Hartnell wasn't brought to Philly to fight either. Pacioretty is even less of a fighter than Hartnell is despite the clips you have. Hartnell was brought to Philly to bring the combination of grit and offense. The focus wasn't on his ability to fight. You're obsession with players being willing to drop the gloves is quite frankly disturbing.

The rangers don't exactly have "small" guys in the top 6. Nash, Callahan, and even Gaborik and Richards are not "small" players. Stepan and Hagelin are "small" per say but they are still young, will put on more muscle, and their skill set helps them offset their weakness of strength. Hagelin being able to out skate his opponents helps him avoid less contact. Stepan makes smart plays, outlet passes, before being completely knocked off a puck. I would not want Pacioretty for his fighting. Show me clips of him using his size and driving to the net. Show me clips of letting go a wrister, which I believe is a strength of his. I don't care about his fighting.

The Rangers didn't lose to the penguins because they don't wana drop the gloves to get momentum. Asham did it seconds into the game. What the hell more do you want? You can't fight the entire game or every time the score isn't in your favor. Play the damn game of hockey. Get a capable 6th defenseman who can skate. Rearrange the forward lines to find chemistry. Stop feeding us with this BS about fighting. The momentum of that game changed when Vitale skated right by Bickel almost effortlessly, leading to a goal.

You're way too concerned with the physical aspect of the game. The rangers have physical players. You finish your post rambling about how callahan probably won't last long in this league so that's why RIGHT NOW at this moment in time we should be exploring options for top 6 forwards who can score goals and fight. That's not how you manage a team. And don't give me the crap about Stafford. How many times has he fought in his career? How many more times will he realistically fight this year? As if Callahan hasn't had any scrap in his life, or Nash. And don't mention Lucic as if there are many players in the league like him that can be acquired so easily. I actually admire Milan Lucic. I hate playing against him, but he is a very effective player, and there are not many like him in the league; I truly believe that. So don't throw out names as if they are at a premium in this league and it is an anomaly that the rangers don't have a Lucic.

RGY is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:44 AM
  #477
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,810
vCash: 500
if its MDZ for Subban wouldnt the 3rd pair be Stralman and someone?

Staal, mcd, girardi and subban are your top 4, stralman and someone is your 5 and 6.

Inferno is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:45 AM
  #478
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,901
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
if its MDZ for Subban wouldnt the 3rd pair be Stralman and someone?

Staal, mcd, girardi and subban are your top 4, stralman and someone is your 5 and 6.
Yes, Ideally Stralman and Eminger.

But its pointless, Subban is asking almost twice DZ's salary, it will be hard enough to keep Gaborik as we currently stand.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:47 AM
  #479
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
No. No I never said any of that...at all. I'm saying that is not what those players were brought here to do. Graves was not brought here to fight, neither was Messier. Hartnell wasn't brought to Philly to fight either. Pacioretty is even less of a fighter than Hartnell is despite the clips you have. Hartnell was brought to Philly to bring the combination of grit and offense. The focus wasn't on his ability to fight. You're obsession with players being willing to drop the gloves is quite frankly disturbing.

The rangers don't exactly have "small" guys in the top 6. Nash, Callahan, and even Gaborik and Richards are not "small" players. Stepan and Hagelin are "small" per say but they are still young, will put on more muscle, and their skill set helps them offset their weakness of strength. Hagelin being able to out skate his opponents helps him avoid less contact. Stepan makes smart plays, outlet passes, before being completely knocked off a puck. I would not want Pacioretty for his fighting. Show me clips of him using his size and driving to the net. Show me clips of letting go a wrister, which I believe is a strength of his. I don't care about his fighting.

The Rangers didn't lose to the penguins because they don't wana drop the gloves to get momentum. Asham did it seconds into the game. What the hell more do you want? You can't fight the entire game or every time the score isn't in your favor. Play the damn game of hockey. Get a capable 6th defenseman who can skate. Rearrange the forward lines to find chemistry. Stop feeding us with this BS about fighting. The momentum of that game changed when Vitale skated right by Bickel almost effortlessly, leading to a goal.

You're way too concerned with the physical aspect of the game. The rangers have physical players. You finish your post rambling about how callahan probably won't last long in this league so that's why RIGHT NOW at this moment in time we should be exploring options for top 6 forwards who can score goals and fight. That's not how you manage a team. And don't give me the crap about Stafford. How many times has he fought in his career? How many more times will he realistically fight this year? As if Callahan hasn't had any scrap in his life, or Nash. And don't mention Lucic as if there are many players in the league like him that can be acquired so easily. I actually admire Milan Lucic. I hate playing against him, but he is a very effective player, and there are not many like him in the league; I truly believe that. So don't throw out names as if they are at a premium in this league and it is an anomaly that the rangers don't have a Lucic.
Sorry man I couldn't get past the first paragraph because you didn't talk about throat chops and face rakes. Not even a mention of choke slam. :

__________________
Ail is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:48 AM
  #480
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
if its MDZ for Subban wouldnt the 3rd pair be Stralman and someone?

Staal, mcd, girardi and subban are your top 4, stralman and someone is your 5 and 6.
Doesn't matter. Both of those pairings can play 30 minutes a night.

Besides, if you can add a stay-at-home LHD to pair with Stralman, that's not a horrible bottom pairing. That being said, that defensive group just isn't sustainable long term. Too much high end talent that will ultimately price us out of at least one of them.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:50 AM
  #481
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Sorry man I couldn't get past the first paragraph because you didn't talk about throat chops and face rakes. Not even a mention of choke slam. :
It was extremely hard to refrain from mentioning those things, because...you know....that's a mainstay in the game of hockey and How To Win 101.


On a side note, it looks like VAN might have a deal in place for Luongo. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414190

RGY is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
  #482
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,624
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
On a side note, it looks like VAN might have a deal in place for Luongo. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414190
Sounds like posturing 101 to me.

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
  #483
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,018
vCash: 500
If the Rangers could bring in Subban they have to do it. There are (3) players on the entire team I would make unavailable. McDonagh, Hank and Nash. Everyone else is available. Obviously losing Girardi or Staal would make it more of a lateral move.

Subban is already a #1 d-man and his combination of snarl, offensive skills and skating make him easily worth 4+ million a year on a long-term deal.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:53 AM
  #484
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Sounds like posturing 101 to me.
Hey I could careless what VAN does. Just sounds like an actual trade rumor rather than the suggestions in this thread to trade gaborik, del zotto, hagelin, etc, etc, etc.

RGY is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
  #485
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
If the Rangers could bring in Subban they have to do it. There are (3) players on the entire team I would make unavailable. McDonagh, Hank and Nash. Everyone else is available. Obviously losing Girardi or Staal would make it more of a lateral move.

Subban is already a #1 d-man and his combination of snarl, offensive skills and skating make him easily worth 4+ million a year on a long-term deal.
Subban is a head case who takes himself out of position to make a big hit. I'm not sure how that makes him a #1 defenseman in this league OR a lateral move for girardi or staal. I'd rather have the steady smart defensemen who will help keep the puck out of the net than the one that is out of position leaving open ice for opposing offenses. He is not worth north of $4 million, not yet at least. He needs to round out his game.

RGY is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
  #486
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Subban is a head case who takes himself out of position to make a big hit. I'm not sure how that makes him a #1 defenseman in this league OR a lateral move for girardi or staal. I'd rather have the steady smart defensemen who will help keep the puck out of the net than the one that is out of position leaving open ice for opposing offenses. He is not worth north of $4 million, not yet at least. He needs to round out his game.
He doesn't take himself out of position all that much anymore. At least he didn't last season. He settled down quite a bit last year however his superb skating make him a devastating hitter.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:34 AM
  #487
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He doesn't take himself out of position all that much anymore. At least he didn't last season. He settled down quite a bit last year however his superb skating make him a devastating hitter.
I agree he improved last year, but thats not enough to warrant money north of $4 million in this league. He needs to be more consistent before he demands that kind of money. Del Zotto came back from the AHL last year and improved significantly imo. However, we only gave him $2.5 million. Now maybe he settled for less and he isn't as rounded out as Subban is but he's comparable as far as the situation goes.

RGY is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
  #488
Boom Quack
Registered User
 
Boom Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
What do people think about Niederreiter? http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...rs-source-says

Boom Quack is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
  #489
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Jamie McBain is a healthy scratch for the Canes today. We should really try to get him if the price is right.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
  #490
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,095
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Jamie McBain is a healthy scratch for the Canes today. We should really try to get him if the price is right.
That really tells you something about his game, though. Carolina's D isn't their strongpoint, and he can't even make the top-6? I don't know, it may be a case of Bickel over Eminger (ie, the coach makes a dumb decision and uses a worse player), but it's not a good sign if he's being healthy scratched.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
  #491
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
That really tells you something about his game, though. Carolina's D isn't their strongpoint, and he can't even make the top-6? I don't know, it may be a case of Bickel over Eminger (ie, the coach makes a dumb decision and uses a worse player), but it's not a good sign if he's being healthy scratched.
LOL Bobby Sanguinetti is playing for the Canes tonight.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM
  #492
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 50
I would do Girardi for Subban and not look back. Too bad Montreal wouldn't though.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM
  #493
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Quack View Post
What do people think about Niederreiter? http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...rs-source-says
I wanted the Rangers to pick him if he fell during his draft year. I think the Islanders are doing the right thing keeping him down to gain more confidence because he did not look ready last year.

The Islanders would never deal him to the Rangers. I could see Columbus taking a shot at him though.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
  #494
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,095
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
LOL Bobby Sanguinetti is playing for the Canes tonight.
Apparently Sanguinetti has been very good in the AHL and looked very good in their training camp. Good for him if he makes it, does kind of make McBain expendable.

I'd go after him, not sure what Carolina would be looking for. Hagelin for McBain could decide, but 1) I wouldn't do that and 2) Kreider probably isn't ready to be depended upon as a top-6 forward yet. This is a trade that could happen once Kreider solidifies himself as a top-6 player. Again, though, I don't think I'd do it, I'm a big fan of Hagelin and I don't think as highly of McBain as most seem to.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM
  #495
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Jamie McBain is a healthy scratch for the Canes today. We should really try to get him if the price is right.
Agreed. We could really use a right handed pmd and hopefully it would get bickel out of the lineup.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
  #496
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
I'd trade anyone on NYR for Evander Kane outside of Hank, MCDONAGH and Nash

Dorado* is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
  #497
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Agreed. We could really use a right handed pmd and hopefully it would get bickel out of the lineup.
Well Subban is a RD.... lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
  #498
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,979
vCash: 500
Subban would be interesting in the short term if he could be had reasonably.
Unfortunately, he'd demand too much.

Say you did something like Stepan + Andersson + Eminger + X for Subban + Y.

How do you pay him next year?

Pushing a trade of Richards to repurpose his one big salary, rather than lose that for nothing in a buyout (buyout because we can't keep him and everybody else), adding Subban would but the cap bank.

Could be acceptable go for broke strategy w/speedy JT Miller gamble replacing Stepan, but then you are screwed big time next year when Subban walks...

so thanks no.

bernmeister is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:47 PM
  #499
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Jamie McBain is a healthy scratch for the Canes today. We should really try to get him if the price is right.
you make a good pt he is the type of pickup they should go for. Still young and a RD............what would the Canes want though? need a Dman back, Bickel would be perfect but if they want Eminger or Gilroy whichever one...........is a pick like a 3rd enough or are they going to need a AHL prospect?

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
  #500
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
you make a good pt he is the type of pickup they should go for. Still young and a RD............what would the Canes want though? need a Dman back, Bickel would be perfect but if they want Eminger or Gilroy whichever one...........is a pick like a 3rd enough or are they going to need a AHL prospect?
I would think that they want a forward, since McBain would be traded because of their depth on D prospects ready to contribute. Don't know what I would offer. Hagelin seems like too much.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.