HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Royal Rumble GDT - 01/27/13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 07:13 AM
  #1
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 37,777
vCash: 50
Royal Rumble GDT - 01/27/13

might as well, second biggest PPV of the year, bound to be discussion and such before it. will update OP if more matches are announced




Quote:
Pre-Show: United States Championship
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. The Miz



WWE Tag Team Championships
Team Hell No (c) vs. Rhodes Scholars



Last Man Standing for the World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Big Show



30 Man Royal Rumble Match


WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. The Rock


Predictions:
Rhodes Scholars def. Team Hell No to become new Tag Team Champions
Alberto Del Rio def. Big Show
John Cena wins the Royal Rumble match
The Rock def. CM Punk to become new WWE Champion

ultimately, I feel it would make sense for Ziggler to cash in and avoid being #1 or #2 in the Royal Rumble match - but that makes too much sense for WWE to book it like that, so I don't think Ziggler cashes in.

The card is shaping up to look like an early PPV of the year candidate as well.

__________________

Last edited by M.C.G. 31: 01-23-2013 at 10:18 AM.
M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 08:27 AM
  #2
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 33,009
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Great looking show. Throw in a Divas match to get the crowd a rest. I can't wait. Give us a good rumble and a good WWE title match and we are set to go.

ColePens is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 08:32 AM
  #3
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 4,134
vCash: 500
I'm gonna make a crazy bold () prediction that The Shield or Brad Maddox will play a part in the WWE Title match.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 08:51 AM
  #4
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 33,009
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Would you be okay with a DQ finish in Rock/Punk?

ColePens is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 08:56 AM
  #5
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,392
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Would you be okay with a DQ finish in Rock/Punk?
Yes, solely on the grounds that it's what I'm expecting. It took the very last Monday before the Rumble for me to be totally plugged into this story, so the investment into Rock/Punk is almost at ground level. I expect Punk to retain, I expect Lesnar to interfere after Maddox fails to count the three when he replaces the referee booked for the match - likely gets knocked out in a corner bump.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 08:58 AM
  #6
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,392
vCash: 500
Awards:
Also, I swear... if I hear "OLEEEE, OLE OLE OLE!" I am going to mark out, flip over a couch, and likely bang on some walls. Likely won't happen but still, a man can dream... right, Rock?

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 09:02 AM
  #7
duckchobbins
Moderator
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,757
vCash: 500
Probably the best card the Rumble has seen in at least 10 years. I'm expecting great things in every match, and then toss in the 30 man rumble, this ppv has enormous potential.

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 09:06 AM
  #8
duckchobbins
Moderator
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Yes, solely on the grounds that it's what I'm expecting. It took the very last Monday before the Rumble for me to be totally plugged into this story, so the investment into Rock/Punk is almost at ground level. I expect Punk to retain, I expect Lesnar to interfere after Maddox fails to count the three when he replaces the referee booked for the match - likely gets knocked out in a corner bump.
If Punk is going to win, that's probably the easiest way to write it. I still think Rock wins though. Punk will start mounting a comeback and the Shield will start walking down from the crowd. Punk sees them and starts yelling for them to leave, then he gets Rock Bottomed and pinned.

Rock and Cena winning just seems like the lazy way out of this, so I really hope that isn't the plan.

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 09:20 AM
  #9
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,359
vCash: 500
Rhodes Scholars
ADR
Rock
Cena or Ryback, unfortunately.

And Kaitlyn will win a random Divas match over like Alicia Fox or someone.


I also have a feeling Maddox enters the Rumble. He'll steal someone's number when they aint looking or something.

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:01 AM
  #10
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash
 
Xenophobia Catalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adver City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 50
Punk I think he will retain and lose the belt to Rock at EC (but will not be surprised if Rock wins.)
ADR (no way Show wins this, as for Ziggler cashing in would make sense as ADR would be vunerable based off the LMS match but I think Ziggler waits.)
Rhodes Scholers (Bryan and Kane need to have a new angle and now is a good time with their graduation from Anger Management. Plus Cody and Sandow will be a good team to carry the titles for a while.)
Kaitlyn vs does not even matter
Cena wins the Rumble (althoughthey could throw a twist here and have a SD guy win and go after ADR at WM and have Cena vs Rock as last two guys at EC where Rock wins. Cena then says since he was last in the EC with Rock he should get a shot at Rock at WM, Punk disagrees and either triple threat happens or Cena and Punk have a #1 contenders match where Cena wins.)

Based on who was in the ring at the end of Raw and it looks they will all be in the match, there are 3 spots left.

Dolph Ziggler (Either 1st or 2nd entrant in Royal Rumble)
John Cena
Sheamus
Randy Orton
Ryback
Antonio Cesaro
Wade Barrett
The Miz
Jinder Mahal
Drew McIntyre
Heath Slater
Great Khali
Daniel Bryan
Kane
Darren Young
Titus O'Neil
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Primo
Epico
Justin Gabriel
Brodus Clay
Alex Riley
JTG
Michael McGillicutty
Curt Hawkins
Kofi Kingston


Last edited by Xenophobia Catalyst: 01-22-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Xenophobia Catalyst is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:03 AM
  #11
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 6,452
vCash: 500
My Predictions:

- Rhodes Scholars get the titles here. Team Hell No has had the titles for awhile and it's time to shake things up a bit and further the fued.

- ADR wins over Big Show. I just can't see them taking the belt off of ADR this soon, especially since he's been getting a decent reaction as a face.

- Divas match will give everyone a much needed bathroom break.

- Rock wins clean to get the belt from Punk (cheap finish would really put a damper on this match and I'd be very disappointed if they didn't let them go out there and have a war with a decisive finish). If they really want Rock to have a run with the belt, now is the right time. Let him have one successful title defense at EC and then lose the belt at Mania.

- As for the Rumble winner, I have no idea which is probably a good thing. Cena shouldn't win the Rumble based solely on the fact that he doesn't need a Rumble win to get into the title picture at Mania. As I said in another thread, my ideal booking would be for Punk to come in as a late entry to the Rumble after losing the belt. Punk wins and then tries to cover up his loss to Rock by trying to make an even bigger deal out of his Rumble win. Punk feels disrespected when Cena is given a title shot at Mania against Rock and cashes in his ticket to make it a triple threat match. Probably won't happen but I can dream, can't I?

Engebretson is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:28 AM
  #12
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
My Predictions:

- Rhodes Scholars get the titles here. Team Hell No has had the titles for awhile and it's time to shake things up a bit and further the fued.

- ADR wins over Big Show. I just can't see them taking the belt off of ADR this soon, especially since he's been getting a decent reaction as a face.

- Divas match will give everyone a much needed bathroom break.

- Rock wins clean to get the belt from Punk (cheap finish would really put a damper on this match and I'd be very disappointed if they didn't let them go out there and have a war with a decisive finish). If they really want Rock to have a run with the belt, now is the right time. Let him have one successful title defense at EC and then lose the belt at Mania.

- As for the Rumble winner, I have no idea which is probably a good thing. Cena shouldn't win the Rumble based solely on the fact that he doesn't need a Rumble win to get into the title picture at Mania. As I said in another thread, my ideal booking would be for Punk to come in as a late entry to the Rumble after losing the belt. Punk wins and then tries to cover up his loss to Rock by trying to make an even bigger deal out of his Rumble win. Punk feels disrespected when Cena is given a title shot at Mania against Rock and cashes in his ticket to make it a triple threat match. Probably won't happen but I can dream, can't I?
That'd be great and that would be a great way for Punk to stay relevent even if he loses the title. Honestly, I don't know where they'll go with Punk if he loses the title.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
  #13
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,042
vCash: 500
Katlyn random divas bathroom break
ADR
Rhodes Scholars
Shemus to win the rumble
Rock after finding a way to defuse the Shield.

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
  #14
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,951
vCash: 500
Katlyn
ADR
Rhodes Scholars
Punk
Cena in the Rumble

Foy is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:05 PM
  #15
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 37,777
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
Punk I think he will retain and lose the belt to Rock at EC (but will not be surprised if Rock wins.)
ADR (no way Show wins this, as for Ziggler cashing in would make sense as ADR would be vunerable based off the LMS match but I think Ziggler waits.)
Rhodes Scholers (Bryan and Kane need to have a new angle and now is a good time with their graduation from Anger Management. Plus Cody and Sandow will be a good team to carry the titles for a while.)
Kaitlyn vs does not even matter
Cena wins the Rumble (althoughthey could throw a twist here and have a SD guy win and go after ADR at WM and have Cena vs Rock as last two guys at EC where Rock wins. Cena then says since he was last in the EC with Rock he should get a shot at Rock at WM, Punk disagrees and either triple threat happens or Cena and Punk have a #1 contenders match where Cena wins.)

Based on who was in the ring at the end of Raw and it looks they will all be in the match, there are 3 spots left.

Dolph Ziggler (Either 1st or 2nd entrant in Royal Rumble)
John Cena
Sheamus
Randy Orton
Ryback
Antonio Cesaro
Wade Barrett
The Miz
Jinder Mahal
Drew McIntyre
Heath Slater
Great Khali
Daniel Bryan
Kane
Darren Young
Titus O'Neil
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Primo
Epico
Justin Gabriel
Brodus Clay
Alex Riley
JTG
Michael McGillicutty
Curt Hawkins
Kofi Kingston
I'd bet Hawkins, McGillicutty, JTG, Riley, maybe Clay, Epico and Primo aren't in the Rumble and they were just down there for the brawl.

I see Christian, Henry and Benjamin returning. I see legend appearances from Billy Gunn and Road Dogg, maybe Diamond Dallas Page even and/or Kevin Nash. A long shot would be Chris Jericho as a one-off for now, but maybe play up an angle that can lead to the summer if Jericho returns full time by then.

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
  #16
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 33,009
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Del Rio keeping the belt is a must. He's finally gaining steam in a big way. His face turn was one of the best things that could have happened.

I don't know many wrestlers that are better as a face than a heel. That's a rare breed.

ColePens is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
  #17
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Barring complications, I'll be attending this one in person. On the downside, my friends and I had/have a tradition of drawing numbers out of a hat and gambling on the Rumble (with a point system). Won't quite be the same without them, but seeing it live should be fun.

Brodeur is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
  #18
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Barring complications, I'll be attending this one in person. On the downside, my friends and I had/have a tradition of drawing numbers out of a hat and gambling on the Rumble (with a point system). Won't quite be the same without them, but seeing it live should be fun.
Nothing can be quite as fun as being there for an awesome PPV. And nothing is as bad as being there in person for a god-awful PPV. I've been at both ends.

Foy is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
  #19
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,186
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
kaitlyn wins against whoever she wrestles.
Del Rio (No way they'd give the title back to Show)
Team Hell no (Don't think they drop until WM)
Rock (If he wins the title at all, this is the time. No other time for him to take the title would make sense.)
Ziggler wins the rumble, challenges the WWE champ at mania, wins the title, cashes in the briefcase earlier that night, wins that title too, unifies the titles. A guy can dream, right?

Cena wins the rumble.


Last edited by OmniSens: 01-22-2013 at 03:45 PM.
OmniSens is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
  #20
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 41,376
vCash: 500
Katlyn - Pretty easy call here. Cant see her losing the title yet.
ADR - Would be really weird to give the title back to Show. I'm predicting no MITB cash-in.
Rhodes Scholars - Time to give the titles to someone else. Kane/Bryan have had them forever. Bryan will probably get angry at Kane for losing and they'll either feud against eachother or go back to anger management.
The Rock - I honestly believe the rumors of a Rock vs Cena rematch. It's exactly the kind of nonsense booking I expect.
Cena wins the rumble - This is obvious regardless of who wins the WWE title.

parabola is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:54 PM
  #21
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,197
vCash: 500
Royal Rumble has always been one of my favorite PPV's.

Does anyone know if any "legends" will be appearing in the rumble?

Guardian17 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 03:09 PM
  #22
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 4,134
vCash: 500
I'd be shocked if Cena won the Rumble since he came out and said he was going to.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
  #23
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Royal Rumble has always been one of my favorite PPV's.

Does anyone know if any "legends" will be appearing in the rumble?
I might have to stay out of this thread out of fear of spoilers. Mr. Perfect's surprise entrance in 2003 remains a personal favorite. Loved how the crowd got behind him when he was in the final 3.

Brodeur is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
  #24
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I might have to stay out of this thread out of fear of spoilers. Mr. Perfect's surprise entrance in 2003 remains a personal favorite. Loved how the crowd got behind him when he was in the final 3.
If memory serves, Perfect wasn't a surprise legend.

I remember they advertised via vignettes the return of Goldust, Hennig, Bossman, and Venis.

but him in the final 3 was awesome. WWF could have done some things with Perfect during that last run, but they didn't.

El Dandy* is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 04:10 PM
  #25
iamjs
Unregistered User
 
iamjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Royal Rumble has always been one of my favorite PPV's.

Does anyone know if any "legends" will be appearing in the rumble?
I can see The King or Booker, maybe Hacksaw with a 15-30 second appearance.

iamjs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.