HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets @ Caps | Tue Jan 22 | 6PM | Verizon Center | Game 3 | "The Ovechkin Menace"

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyinnow View Post
Vs Wash....Wright in. Wellwood out
Sweet. This guy should be fired up to play, can't wait to see what he's got.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
Really? this confirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyinnow View Post
Vs Wash....Wright in. Wellwood out

Old
01-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I am ok with this, though I wouldn't mind having Wellwoods creativity in a game vs. Washington. This one may contain little defence and more run and gun. Though I suppose Wright could be a good defensive guy to have in there tonight. I was prepared to see Wellwood out of yesterdays game (though likely too soon in terms of chemistry being just game no. 2).. so we'll see how this goes.

I am hoping, hoping, hoping this means Scheifele moves up in the line-up. It has to happen. Either or, Scheifele will in all likelihood be in the top 6-9. That is a good thing.
Agreed 100% Sheif has to be given a legitimate chance with at least 3rd line minutes

Old
01-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I am ok with this, though I wouldn't mind having Wellwoods creativity in a game vs. Washington. This one may contain little defence and more run and gun. Though I suppose Wright could be a good defensive guy to have in there tonight. I was prepared to see Wellwood out of yesterdays game (though likely too soon in terms of chemistry being just game no. 2).. so we'll see how this goes.

I am hoping, hoping, hoping this means Scheifele moves up in the line-up. It has to happen. Either or, Scheifele will in all likelihood be in the top 6-9. That is a good thing.
I see this as a good thing. I too hope to see Schiefele move up and see what he has. I'm also happy to see one of the new guys get a chance.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:50 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

@WFPEdTait: #NHLJets James Wright to play first game tonight, in place of Kyle Wellwood. Claude Noel feels Wellwood is a little tired 10:32 am on Jan 22

Not a good sign when the coach thinks you're "Tired" after 2 games!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-22-2013, 11:53 AM
ghost88*

Nice 'shops. Well done.

As for tonight...

I think we drop a close one tonight.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Resurrection

Between Wellwood, Buff and Pavelec, why do we have to have the fattest team in the NHL? Damn fatties.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:54 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
sweet lets see what Wright can do for us

Old
01-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Tintin's Ghost

Looking forward to a good game against a good division rival. Pumped to see Wright start tonight. I imagine Scheifele moves up to 2nd line? I think this is best way to evaluate him prior to his five games. I assume Pavs starts again...anyone hear different?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Guerzy
Serenity

vCash: 200
What an opportunity for Mark Scheifele though *if* he is given the sufficient minutes here tonight. There are a slim, slim couple guys who I would consider realistic bets for Scheifele to steal a top 9 roster spot from, and Wellwood tops that list given he's a serviceable player who slides up and down the depth chart. If Scheifele can make his mark here, this could go a long way in cementing him a spot on this team.

Huge opportunity here. But Noel better give him the ice-time and linemates to take hold of this opportunity. The kid is here, for goodness sake let's see what he can do. All in all, he's been eased in and now has 2 games under his belt. His feet are wet and he didn't look anywhere as nervous last night in Boston (no nervous noodle-legs), so that is a huge plus. Boston is no easy place to play and their team sure could be intimidating for a young guy but Scheifele did well.

Let the 3rd game be a charm for this kid. Really rooting for Mark tonight. I want this to be the game where he grabs the horns here and runs with it, gives the org. no option but to keep him, and hopefully Scheifele steals a spot from a guy like Wellwood from here on out. That would be huge.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
RonJon

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
@WFPEdTait: #NHLJets James Wright to play first game tonight, in place of Kyle Wellwood. Claude Noel feels Wellwood is a little tired 10:32 am on Jan 22

After sitting at home for 4 months

Old
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

THIS.

Lets go Scheifele! He needs the opportunity and I think he'll step up to the moment.

Quote:
What an opportunity for Mark Scheifele though *if* he is given the sufficient minutes here tonight. There are a slim, slim couple guys who I would consider realistic bets for Scheifele to steal a top 9 roster spot from, and Wellwood tops that list given he's a serviceable player who slides up and down the depth chart. If Scheifele can make his mark here, this could go a long way in cementing him a spot on this team.

Huge opportunity here. But Noel better give him the ice-time and linemates to take hold of this opportunity. The kid is here, for goodness sake let's see what he can do. All in all, 2 games under his belt and now his feet are wet and he didn't look anywhere as nervous last night in Boston, so that is a huge plus. Boston is no easy place to play and their team sure could be intimidating for a young guy but Scheifele did well.

Let the 3rd game be a charm for this kid. Really rooting for Mark tonight. I want this to be the game where he grabs the horns here and runs with it, gives the org. no option but to keep him, and hopefully Scheifele steals a spot from a guy like Wellwood from here on out. That would be huge.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:59 AM
ghost88*

As others have said, I'll be rooting for Scheifele tonight.

Hopefully we can kick-start our offensive production tonight as well.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:01 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:

Huge opportunity here. But Noel better give him the ice-time and linemates to take hold of this opportunity. The kid is here, for goodness sake let's see what he can do. All in all, he's been eased in and now has 2 games under his belt. His feet are wet and he didn't look anywhere as nervous last night in Boston (no nervous noodle-legs), so that is a huge plus. Boston is no easy place to play and their team sure could be intimidating for a young guy but Scheifele did well.

Agreed! time to rise up to the challenge Mark!!!!!

Old
01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Benched wellwood because of match ups and not play... then he sits the next game?

Why does that seem a little fishy?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:05 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJon View Post
After sitting at home for 4 months
Who's fault is that?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:08 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

So...

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Jokinen - Scheifele
Ponikarovsky - Burmistrov - Antropov
Thorburn - Slater - Wright

amiwright?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post

That seems like a weird thing to say. I would have thought that Wellwood would be in better shape this year. I thought he even mentioned being in better shape. Plus, it's been two games.

Something about saying he's tired seems off to me.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
So...

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

amiwright?
Yeah, I would be very surprised if Scheifele didn't get the chance on the 2nd line now that Wellwood is out. It wouldn't be Wright.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Beazley
The 'Dale

lol @ "Ribiero"

Carolina Beats Tampa
Montrol Beats Florida
Winnipeg Beats Washington

JETS IN FIRST PLACE IN SOUTHEAST DIVISION

Old
01-22-2013, 12:12 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Pavlovian Response

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
That seems like a weird thing to say. I would have thought that Wellwood would be in better shape this year. I thought he even mentioned being in better shape. Plus, it's been two games.

Something about saying he's tired seems off to me.
IMHO, he got some sort of minor injury in that Boston game. Seems kinda strange otherwise. Good chance for Scheifele to show his stuff, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Wright can bring on the 4th line.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:13 PM
RonJon

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Who's fault is that?
Its not about blame its about excuses. How can he possibly be tired. I agree with you, very fishy.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
So...

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

amiwright?
I'm torn between wanting Scheifele to play with talented guys like Kane and Jokinen, and also wanting him to be able to play centre.

So I wouldn't be opposed to the above, or switching Scheifele and Burmi, or even mixing things up and putting someone like antro with Kane and OJ, and putting MS and Burmi together. Or even Kane, OJ, and Wheeler, and then have MS or Burmi centre Ladd and Little?

Lot's of options I think.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
So...

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

amiwright?
-the Eastern Bloc line has looked good
-Scheifele needs some playing time with quality linemates
-as bad as LLW has played through two games, they need some time

So yup, I'd say that's the most logical lineup.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 2203
The Caps are a big team up front and Wellwood was ineffective last night. They clearly are inserting Wright into the lineup in an effort to get even bigger. James Wright was a great player back in junior, I'm a fan. He is a guy that will work hard, will be defensively responsible, and has the skills required to chip in offensively on occasion. I really hope he does well tonight.

Closed Thread