HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Chicago vs. St. Louis - 01.22.13 - Home Opener! - 7:30 CT

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 11:23 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Cheapest pair I could find was 200. Might have to take the plunge.
Yeah, you guys can do better going through me. Keep that in mind because with the high prices tickets are getting on the secondary market, I'm considering going that way myself.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:25 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Sitting in 325 tonight
322 for me

Old
01-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Cullksinikers

I may as well look into tickets tonight. Easy 45-minute drive for me and don't have anything important tomorrow. Usually do go to the home opener.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:33 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

I've hated the Blues fan base for the better part of two decades, hopefully no incidences tonight. Last time we were at Scottrade, one of the guys we were with got shoved around in the concourse while none of us were around. They got a gritty young team with a few idiots. Kinda fits St. Louis to a tee.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Cullksinikers

Anyone have a good ticket site other than StubHub or TicketsNow?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:46 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
To me the Blues has surpassed the Canucks as my most loathed team. Everything about them from the players on the team, the fans, and the city annoy the living hell out of me.

That being said it will be a tough game, but one that can be pulled out if Crawford decides to come and play a position called goalie, which he only occasionally seems to be up to the task for.
Yep, their fans are arrogant, they force other teams to play AHL style hockey by hitting everything in sight while clogging their blue line, every prospect of theirs is a god, and they're a guaranteed cup contender.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:47 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
Good luck boys! No injuries!!!

Old
01-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
I've hated the Blues fan base for the better part of two decades, hopefully no incidences tonight. Last time we were at Scottrade, one of the guys we were with got shoved around in the concourse while none of us were around. They got a gritty young team with a few idiots. Kinda fits St. Louis to a tee.
Yeah, but you would think their fans are saints when you talk to them or look at their board though.

I would like to add we have our share of idiots as well, but not to their level from what I have seen.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Cullksinikers

Vancouver fans were the absolute worst of anywhere I've been. Talk about a bunch of idiots.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:49 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
Yeah, but you would think their fans are saints when you talk to them or look at their board though.
To be fair, there are nice fans from St. Louis and I would expect some of them to be on this board. It's the case of a few idiots that ruin it for everyone. They have a lot of them though.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
To be fair, there are nice fans from St. Louis and I would expect some of them to be on this board. It's the case of a few idiots that ruin it for everyone. They have a lot of them though.
Yeah, I agree. That is why I edited my post (obviously not before you quote me, though).

It is great though. Sports would not be as much fun if there no teams/players/fans to hate.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:02 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
322 for me
Same

Just realized that I am attending back to back home games. Would appreciate tonight being a repeat of Game 6.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:04 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Anyone have a good ticket site other than StubHub or TicketsNow?
Vivid seats

Old
01-22-2013, 12:21 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Is this a national broadcast, anyone know? Im in Indianapolis tonight, trying to figure out how I'll get the game.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Is this a national broadcast, anyone know? Im in Indianapolis tonight, trying to figure out how I'll get the game.
Firstrowsports.eu or call bars that will potentially have it on.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
I'll be in 329. Looking forward to the Hawks delivering an ass kicking.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
I hate you. Business Law tonight, ugh.

Have fun.
Ha I almost took that same class

Old
01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
HawkeyLife07

Checked the schedule on the Blackhawks app when the schedule came out and was ready for our home opener this Wednesday. Wasn't until this morning that I realized the app was wrong and they play today. GREAT surprise!

Let's go boys, bury the Blues.

4-3 OTW.

Goals to:

Shaw, Toews, Hossa, Seabrook

Old
01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Go anywhere with DirecTV. They carry CSN, only the Bulls are blacked out in Indiana, NW Indiana excluded.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Blues PP is at 72% right now, somehow I think thats going to go down.
Yeah they embarrassed the Wings. I think they had like 4 PPG

Old
01-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Cullksinikers

Leaning toward not going. Shenanigans start at 4. **** paying to park.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
To me the Blues has surpassed the Canucks as my most loathed team. Everything about them from the players on the team, the fans, and the city annoy the living hell out of me.

That being said it will be a tough game, but one that can be pulled out if Crawford decides to come and play a position called goalie, which he only occasionally seems to be up to the task for.
Aww! Special K, where's the love? Good luck. Should be a good game.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Aww! Special K, where's the love? Good luck. Should be a good game.
You hold a special place in my heart, no doubt. I guess you are the exception to the rule.

Good luck to you as well and yes, it should be a spirited contest.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
hawksfan50

Aside from CC being on his game tonight if we have any chance of winning,the OTHER BIG REQUIREMENT is a REQUIRED much better performance from the $11.3 MILLION cap hit numero uno D-pair combo...After 2GP both are -1 ,Seabrook has only 1A,Keith has NO POINTS ---Keith has just 2 shots on goal and Seabrook just 1 shot on goal--and so I ask: THIS is giving us our money's worth? THis is "impacting" and/or "difference-making"? This is affecting any way shape or form the 11 goals in2GP we have as a team offense? This is an "active defense" moving up into the play? This is suffocating "shutdown" D which with our clearly effectie offense ought to make them more like +3 guys instead of -1 guys? In short-ARE they going to show up and play like they are worth those big bucks ,OR merely do the minimum required while counting the balances in their fat bank accounts? TIME for our top pair D-men to SHOW UP and IMPACT the game not just leisurely watch things develop and kill the clock ---DO SOMETHING to justify those big $$$ paid as our top 2 D-men! Yes we won 2 games-but HARDLY because they had much to do with it...So far,P-poor,or at best MEDIOCRE NON-IMPACT from them ...(weel we gotta have some whipping boys,don't we--even after 2 wins --but after 2 mulligams time they SHOWED UP and played to the level we expect for that big wad of $$$ paid them... also NEVER going to scoremuch if you don't fire away on net and do not actively ATTACK from the back- end --obviously these 2 do not subscribe to the Erik Karlsson handbook for impacting a game by being "active" and attacking,or if they wish to do the opposite and stay back and only react, then do not turn pucks over ,do not commit failures to clear,focus on proper positioning and where the puck is and s liklely to go,and do notreact too late...whether attacking or defending ,do it with enthusiasm ,not just another day another job to endure with laclustre minimum effort and clock punching as if doing just enough not to hurt the team too much is
justifying the $$$ outlay and "reputation" will suffice---NO --at some point you gotta IMPACT and be a difference-maker --passing the buck to the forwards to win games "big" so that your own miniscule contribution gets overlooked is a dangerous reliance-- people WILL NOTICE ---so even after 2 wins without much help from 2 and 7,I'm already calling them out to bring their"A" games tonight- another mediocre "C" game from each of them simply willnot suffice...

Old
01-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Aside from CC being on his game tonight if we have any chance of winning,the OTHER BIG REQUIREMENT is a REQUIRED much better performance from the $11.3 MILLION cap hit numero uno D-pair combo...After 2GP both are -1 ,Seabrook has only 1A,Keith has NO POINTS ---Keith has just 2 shots on goal and Seabrook just 1 shot on goal--and so I ask: THIS is giving us our money's worth? THis is "impacting" and/or "difference-making"? This is affecting any way shape or form the 11 goals in2GP we have as a team offense? This is an "active defense" moving up into the play? This is suffocating "shutdown" D which with our clearly effectie offense ought to make them more like +3 guys instead of -1 guys? In short-ARE they going to show up and play like they are worth those big bucks ,OR merely do the minimum required while counting the balances in their fat bank accounts? TIME for our top pair D-men to SHOW UP and IMPACT the game not just leisurely watch things develop and kill the clock ---DO SOMETHING to justify those big $$$ paid as our top 2 D-men! Yes we won 2 games-but HARDLY because they had much to do with it...So far,P-poor,or at best MEDIOCRE NON-IMPACT from them ...(weel we gotta have some whipping boys,don't we--even after 2 wins --but after 2 mulligams time they SHOWED UP and played to the level we expect for that big wad of $$$ paid them... also NEVER going to scoremuch if you don't fire away on net and do not actively ATTACK from the back- end --obviously these 2 do not subscribe to the Erik Karlsson handbook for impacting a game by being "active" and attacking,or if they wish to do the opposite and stay back and only react, then do not turn pucks over ,do not commit failures to clear,focus on proper positioning and where the puck is and s liklely to go,and do notreact too late...whether attacking or defending ,do it with enthusiasm ,not just another day another job to endure with laclustre minimum effort and clock punching as if doing just enough not to hurt the team too much is
justifying the $$$ outlay and "reputation" will suffice---NO --at some point you gotta IMPACT and be a difference-maker --passing the buck to the forwards to win games "big" so that your own miniscule contribution gets overlooked is a dangerous reliance-- people WILL NOTICE ---so even after 2 wins without much help from 2 and 7,I'm already calling them out to bring their"A" games tonight- another mediocre "C" game from each of them simply willnot suffice...
WTF is this? This is bad even for you fiddy.

Closed Thread