Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 12/13

Old
12-05-2012, 01:10 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I think he'll fit we'll in the team..

This is his last shot, look for him to get better as the season wears on.

Will you be at the game on December 21st ?
Not sure yet, why?

#57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:07 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Not sure yet, why?
I'm going.

You've covered the team for awhile... Do you still have your blog ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Arthur Broussard

What a great game yesterday! It was like the league final series. Outstanding environment, big comeback by both team.
Impressed by the skill of the Moosehead. The Armada played hard, but gave the puck away too much.

Was looking for Matteau and Tesink, but Matteau look like he will stay in NJD.
When talking with fans there is a story that the new player Tesink has a bad knee injury. He has not been very impressive since coming over to the Armada. They say he was traded with this injury and St. Johns did not tell the Armada about this. Some fans said the Armada is having the league investigate. The Armada want compensation, as they are unhappy they got damaged goods might not play again this season.
Could the league overturn the trade?

Arthur Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Broussard View Post
What a great game yesterday! It was like the league final series. Outstanding environment, big comeback by both team.
Impressed by the skill of the Moosehead. The Armada played hard, but gave the puck away too much.

When talking with fans there is a story that the new player Tesink has a bad knee injury. He has not been very impressive since coming over to the Armada. They say he was traded with this injury and St. Johns did not tell the Armada about this. Some fans said the Armada is having the league investigate. The Armada want compensation, as they are unhappy they got damaged goods might not play again this season.
Not sure how the Q works... but in the OHL you are basically trading at your own risk. Not being upfront about a players injury isn't illegal but it is shady and bridges may be burned in the process.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:40 PM
hfboardfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Not sure how the Q works... but in the OHL you are basically trading at your own risk. Not being upfront about a players injury isn't illegal but it is shady and bridges may be burned in the process.
Mike 'shady' Kelly, just one way to describe the guy!

hfboardfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Arthur Broussard

You might be right, on the buyer beware. Not sure why teams would not want to have medicals done by a physician? I wonder if St. Louis was aware of such issues... if he was injured and they did not know I think they would not be happy. If they did know, I would think Bouchard and co would be aware of conditions.
The story at CESR Sunday was they knew of no injury, and Tesink could be lost for a long period, maybe until playoffs.
I think the meeting of the GMs would be entertaining between kelly and Bouchard!

Old
01-22-2013, 11:56 AM
hfboardfanatic

Quote:
You might be right, on the buyer beware. Not sure why teams would not want to have medicals done by a physician? I wonder if St. Louis was aware of such issues... if he was injured and they did not know I think they would not be happy. If they did know, I would think Bouchard and co would be aware of conditions.
The story at CESR Sunday was they knew of no injury, and Tesink could be lost for a long period, maybe until playoffs.
I think the meeting of the GMs would be entertaining between kelly and Bouchard!
If St Louis wasn't aware they should fire their scout -apparently he watches most, if not all of the Sea Dog home games! I guess this injury occured last year. Looks like he aggravated it again.

hfboardfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:28 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

There's about a 0% chance the trade gets overturned.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:39 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
This post post is absolutely preposterous. Whether fans are saying this or not, it stinks to high heaven.

Ryan Tesink was having a great season in SJ this season, and on some nights was absolutely SJ's best player, especially in the absence of Jonathan Huberdeau. 16 goals and 38 points in 35 games before the trade. I watched him play in most of the home games, and there was no indication at all of any injury.

Then he gets traded, and despite what the fans say about how unimpressive he had been he somehow is named the game's first star in his first two games with his new team, registering a goal and 3 assists in those two games. Sounds like he picked up where he left off in SJ.

Then he goes pointless for 4 games and now has a leg injury. Yet somehow his injury is SJ's responsibility? You're kidding, right? Saying he was traded with this injury is sour grapes from a few fans (or just you perhaps), nothing more. And yeah, I'd be sour too if the player my team brought in to push for a championship got hurt shortly after coming to my team. But how could I/would I fault the team he came from for that?? The Armada want compensation?? I think you mean the Armada FANS want compensation. And they won't get it. And the trade won't be overturned, that's unthinkable.

I feel bad for Ryan Tesink if he has a serious injury, and it's tough for the Armada. But to suggest there was foul play around the deal is rotten. You should be ashamed of yourself.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The above poster is bang on.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:27 AM
TheRookie

Absolutely ridiculous - Tesink was playing great in SJ with no injury and in fact played great for the Armada before his injury so saying he had to the injury prior to the trade is a foolishness he was not injured!

To the poster calling him Mike "Shady" Kelly why don't you explain yourself?

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Arthur Broussard

Wow! People get defensive quick. Was just asking questions and stating what was heard at the CESR on Sunday.
Sure fans can "be sour". I guess it is buyer beware for sure.
I would not say he played great since arriving. Average at best. He look slow at times and not involved physically, as he was proclaimed to be a power/physical forward.
Some say he did have surgery last summer? If so maybe it did not solve the issue? So that is not an issue of STJ if is is the case.
Don't think I should "be ashamed" for bringing a discussion point or asking questions. It is a discussion board, correct?
As per the organization of the Sea Dogs, I believe they are known to be accused of "shady deals" by the teams and fans of the league.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Wow! People get defensive quick. Was just asking questions and stating what was heard at the CESR on Sunday.
I would not say he played great since arriving. Average at best. He look slow at times and not involved physically, as he was proclaimed to be a power/physical forward.
Some say he did have surgery last summer? If so maybe it did not solve the issue? So that is not an issue of STJ if is is the case.
Don't think I should "be ashamed" for bringing a discussion point or asking questions. It is a discussion board, correct?
As per the organization of the Sea Dogs, I believe they are known to be accused of "shady deals" by the teams and fans of the league.
Welcome to the joys on online message boards!

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:25 PM
TheRookie

Quote:
Okay - Ryan Tesink did not have any injury before being traded to BLB and he played fine in his first couple games - I have watched BLB games since he was traded there because I continued to follow our players after they were traded.

I don't think anybody proclaimed the 166lb Tesink to be a "Power Forward" ... When he was here he was a gritty forward that provided some offense ... Pesky and was good at drawing penalties ..

To the comment about Saint John being known around the league by teams and fans for making shady deals ... Please name 1 "Shady" trade Saint John made?

Old
01-23-2013, 04:48 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
It's a very serious accusation you make. You should expect it to get a rise, as I'm sure you did. Your latest post seems to bring more to light that you simply don't like Tesink, and wish to take a couple of gratuitous shots at the Seadogs organization. As a fan of Ryan Tesink and the Seadogs, you could probably understand my reaction. And sure, when an organization has been as dominant as the Seadogs have the last three years, you'll find all sorts of haters who want to make excuses and minimize that success, you included.

This is a discussion board, yes. What kind of discussion do you think you will get when you make serious, groundless accusations about another QMJHL organization?? So yes, you should be ashamed for making such statements. And I don't see where you were asking questions - a lot if statements denigrating the Seadogs but only one question, that being could the league overturn the trade. The only way that could even be considered is if your damning accusations were true. Despite the fact that all indications are that your arguments are completely false.

While you may disagree, surely you can understand te reaction.

Personally, I hope Ryan comes back to help the Armada win a championship. Even if his contribution is, as you put it, 'average'.

Have a nice evening.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:26 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

If the Sea Dogs are shady then every team is...

Old
01-24-2013, 05:03 AM
TheRookie

Consider the Q makes the most "Shady" deals across the Canadian Hockey League!

Old
01-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Arthur Broussard

it's good that the Sea Dogs fans are so loyal to their organization, that is the heart of what drive junior major hockey, fans!
If my comments or in your words "accusations" offend you Johnny, that's unfortunate."Groundless"?? When he arrived in BB, the story from CESR is that he, Tesink, reported to the training staff that he was injured and tried to play through it the first few game because of the trade, and the maritime tour because family came to watch. Upon returning, medical staff of the Armada say he is unfit to perform due to serious knee injury.
The reports from CESR is that the Armada believe the injury happened long before the trade and was not reported by the Staff of St. Johns when negotiations went on. If nothing comes of it, then nothing comes of it. I am sure the organization of the Sea Dogs with be co-operative with any questions that may arise from the Q.Will have to monitor to see if there are further devlopments.
Shady trades..not sure, shady drafts and signings maybe some questions, but hey, IHNC, you are correct, the league has a very poor reputation for this in the LHC.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:29 AM
TheRookie

Quote:
it's good that the Sea Dogs fans are so loyal to their organization, that is the heart of what drive junior major hockey, fans!
If my comments or in your words "accusations" offend you Johnny, that's unfortunate."Groundless"?? When he arrived in BB, the story from CESR is that he, Tesink, reported to the training staff that he was injured and tried to play through it the first few game because of the trade, and the maritime tour because family came to watch. Upon returning, medical staff of the Armada say he is unfit to perform due to serious knee injury.
The reports from CESR is that the Armada believe the injury happened long before the trade and was not reported by the Staff of St. Johns when negotiations went on. If nothing comes of it, then nothing comes of it. I am sure the organization of the Sea Dogs with be co-operative with any questions that may arise from the Q.Will have to monitor to see if there are further devlopments.
Shady trades..not sure, shady drafts and signings maybe some questions, but hey, IHNC, you are correct, the league has a very poor reputation for this in the LHC.
So the Armada played Tesink for 6 games without knowing about the injury that was apparently not that bad at the time because at the very least his first couple games he looked great to me ...

For arguement sake let's say he had the injury while in Saint John ... He played with the injury and didn't tell Saint John like he supposedly did with the Armada ... So basically the Sea Dogs dealt him with no prior knowledge of the injury just like the Armada played him with no knowledge of the injury. It's possible Tesink wanted to ensure he was dealt to a contender so he kept the injury hidden himself ... that's not SJ's fault anymore than the Armada.

Personally, based on any conversations I've had with credible sources in Saint John he was not injured during his time in Saint John leading up to the trade

Old
01-24-2013, 11:37 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I and the Sea Dogs fans know nothing about shady drafting.... I might know something about league wide corrupt drafting.... Yes I remember something about Xavier Ouellet ?

Charlie Coyle was fair game, everyone had their shot, he chose us.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Arthur Broussard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I and the Sea Dogs fans know nothing about shady drafting.... I might know something about league wide corrupt drafting.... Yes I remember something about Xavier Ouellet ?

Charlie Coyle was fair game, everyone had their shot, he chose us.
Wasn't Ouellet drafted the same year as Huberdeau?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Wasn't Ouellet drafted the same year as Huberdeau?
Yes...

Old
01-24-2013, 09:12 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Arthur, your entire post reads like a fairy tale. You question my use if the term 'groundless', yet that is exactly your accusations appear to be.

- the story from CESR is that Ryan reported to staff he was injured upon arriving in BB. Who's story is it? There must be someone responsible for making this comment, not just 'the story from CESR'?? And if Ryan reported that he was injured upon arriving in BB, where he played his first 3 Armada games, why in the world would staff give him the green light to play not only those 3 games but 3 more on the road? Why would he be allowed to 'try to play through it'?? And why in the world would he feel pressure to play on the Maritime swing because family was watching - HE'S FROM SAINT JOHN, his family has had more than a few opportunities to see him play junior hockey, including watching him compete for two Presidents Cups and two Memorial Cups.

- 'The reports from CESR'?? Who's reporting this?? I can't find anything about such reports anywhere, except on this thread from one poster, you. And why would the Armada believe his injury occurred long before the trade?? I never saw any indication of injury as he was scoring at over one point per game on a thin Seadogs squad, and i saw alot of him. Maybe the phantom CESR reporter can elaborate on that??

As I said, it's unfortunate if Ryan will miss significant time with a leg injury. It's disappointing some (or one) would spread unfounded and unverifiable rumours that there was foul play involved by his former team, rather the accepting what it is - a tough break for the Armada in having a newly acquired player go down to injury after just 6 games.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:03 PM
sjq

I almost wonder if Joel Bouchard isn't feeding people false rumors to try and cover for his piss poor team management? Isn't this the same fool who wants to get rid of all of the Euro's in the CHL?

His team started off near the top, now they are ****ing the dog, big time! He needs to come up with some sort of excuse for the fall from grace.

Tesink played like a #1 player while in Saint John.. not the Sea Dogs fault he got injured while in BLB.

sjq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:37 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Well they won 9-0 tonight.