HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Carl Gunnarsson

Old
01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
He's basically untradeable unless we are upgrading our center position with a true number one coming back to knock Backes down to our number 2 center spot. The Blues are actually week at center playing Steen as the number 3 center when Steen actually plays much better on the wing.
What if we added a guy like Bozak?

But yeah I agree, there's not really a deal to be made with Gunnar unless a team decides to blow us away with an offer (won't happen) because his value to us is much higher than his trade value.

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:01 PM
goleafsgo87*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
Ummm.... We have a little bit of a log jam at D....

Phaneuf
Gardiner
Liles
Franson
Gunnarsson
Kostka
Komisarek
Holzer

With propsects like Blacker, Reilly, Percy, Finn, MacWilliam all showing potential to make the big show.

Out of that list, Liles, Franson, Gunnarsson, Kostka, Komisarek and Holzer are the ones I'd guess the leafs would be willing to trade if the offer was right.

Kostka just 'broke' out. Teams don't quite know what his value is/will be... so He's probably out of the equation. Similar issue with Holzer atm too.

Komisarek has a high contract, so wouldn't get much value in return, which is why we may just end up keeping him.

This leaves Liles, Franson and Gunnarsson as tradeable assets. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on at least one of these players getting traded this season. I', just wondering what other teams would want Gunnarsson, and what his value would be.

I'd do a trade surrounding Gunnarsson and Stewart if St. Louis was interested.

To Toronto:
Chris Stewart
Max Gardiner

To St. Louis:
Carl Gunnarsson
Clarke MacArthur
3rd 2012

???
lol blues say no to that i bet there is no way they will trade us a top 6 foward for a low tier top 6 foward in mac and a 6th d man like gunnar. come on leaf fans you guys should know better.

goleafsgo87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
MW6

What about

Carl Gunnarsson
Nikolai Kulemin

For

Marcus Johansson
Jeff Schultz

Kulemin is a 2nd/3rd-line tweener on the Leafs, I would say that he, MacA and JVR are fighting over the two top-6 spots available. JVR has the highest ceiling, Kulemin is the best definsive one and MacA is probably the most consistent one (17,16,21,20 goals). I do think his attributes would fit very well on a line with Ovechkin and Backstrom and that's why I'm involving him in this trade.

Johansson has a really high upside but hasn't found a place or role if you like to call it that on the Caps. He put up 46 pts in his second season last year. He's used on Ovechkin's opposite wing now because of his speed, but I preferred him at C more because of his resposiveness on D and playmaking skills. He also not very good along the boards, thus better suited at C. But with Ribeiro in town and Brooks Laich slated for 3C there just isn't room there.

Gunnarsson would be the steady presence Green's never had, and with the mergence of Kostka and Gardiner back, Gunnarsson might be looking at bottom paring minutes.

Schultz is a bottom pair D, agood PK'er and has good positional play, doesn't use his body enough and is pretty slow. Had the best +/- in the league some three years ago.

Go, no go?

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Gunnarsson is our best defensive D. Next comes Phaneuf. Then Komisarek. Our D after this are all OFD. So sure we have depth in the position, but then again we had depth at C to start the year. It doesnt mean its the kind of depth you want.
We'll see how it plays out I'd argue that Gunnar is not our best Defensive D so far early this season although I would say he's been decent. Also, Ranger may very well be wanting to go for an NHL spot next year. I would be shocked if Ranger wasn't able to make the team and I think he can at least match Gunnar.

To me, it could make sense to trade him. He's young, on a good contract (pending RFA), reliable in the top 4 and could return something of which the Leafs lack which is high skill forward depth. The Leafs prospect depth has a lot of Bottom 6 grinders but not much else.

Organizationally the Leafs can afford to trade Gunnar and can get a good return if they end up falling short for the playoffs. There could be a lot of demand for Gunnar at the deadline.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:57 PM
EliteBystander

Gunnarson is a top four defenceman in the NHL. In reality, the only return Toronto could get for him is either another top 4 defenceman, a 2nd line forward, a prospect that projects to be a top 4 defenceman or a second line forward, or he is included in a package along with a top 6 forward and a quality prospect for a first line forward or starting goalie.

EliteBystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

top-4 defensemen that do what Gunnarson does at 1.35 are extremely valuable.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycanada87 View Post
lol blues say no to that i bet there is no way they will trade us a top 6 foward for a low tier top 6 foward in mac and a 6th d man like gunnar. come on leaf fans you guys should know better.
Hahahah sure bud

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:20 PM
goleafsgo87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
top-4 defensemen that do what Gunnarson does at 1.35 are extremely valuable.
It's so true you pay cheap you get cheap. I disliked gunnar since day one. yes his cap hit is good but he is not a top 4 he is a 3rd pairing d man. nothing special.

goleafsgo87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:30 PM
93gilmour93

I like gunnarsson but I listen to any trade offer. The only d-men I wouldn't move are phaneuf,Gardiner and Rielly. Everyone else is open to discussion.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote