HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
I see Hamilton being significantly better than subban in a few years.
Keep dreamin'

Old
01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
BusQuets

I believe Brodin will be better than Subban and not interest or need for Plekanec and not even mentioning the cap-sapce. Wild doesn't even answer the phone.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
I believe Brodin will be better than Subban and not interest or need for Plekanec and not even mentioning the cap-sapce. Wild doesn't even answer the phone.
How would the Wild even know what the offer is without even answering the phone?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
CaptainCally

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Are you hagelin with me?
****ing awesome reply .

Old
01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
tomgilbertfan
#WhyBother

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Laugh? that's ridiculous, Subban and Pleks for prospects...
We have no space in the lineup or capspace to fit Plekanec.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
sansabri
RIP Pete Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I floated this and have seen a few replies in this forum and the Penguins forum. Seems like fan of both teams, with some exceptions, think is a fair hockey trade, so I'll put it here for discussion:

To Pittsburgh: Subban

To Montreal: Despres, Harrington, 1st
it's a good offer - but there are no signs that Subban has asked for a trade and he's a fan favorite here.

ps. you also already have a point shot in Letang. why need Subban?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
What's Snow or Wang done to indicate, they are willing or able, to take on $10m-$12m per season in extra salary?
It's prorated this year. Visnovsky would cancel out some of that. Streit would likely be gone next year in this case too. So that cancels out a large portion of the salary. It's far less likely the Habs would make such a poor trade than the Isles would not step up because of money. IMO. Wang has shown a willingness in the past to spend (reportedly tried to trade for Gomez last year, large offer rejected by Paul Martin, picking up Osgood). It's conceivable, now that the team's future home is secured in Brooklyn, that he would spend a little more to improve the team. As bad as Wang is from a hockey operations standpoint I do believe, maybe naively, that he wants to win.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trembz420 View Post
I really didn't realize Hossa was already 34
Ya there was a "Is Hossa Done?" thread last season here, he's like, really old.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

seriously this is still going on? holy.... can someone please refresh the current status of this gongshow? last I heard it was simply about contract length that was screwing this up. Subban wanted a 5-yr while the club was only offering 2-3 yrs. It sounded like money wasn't the problem and they were in the same ballpark in that sense, anything else I should know about? I surely didn't think they were actively shopping?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
sansabri
RIP Pete Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
seriously this is still going on? holy.... can someone please refresh the current status of this gongshow? last I heard it was simply about contract length that was screwing this up. Subban wanted a 5-yr while the club was only offering 2-3 yrs. It sounded like money wasn't the problem and they were in the same ballpark in that sense, anything else I should know about? I surely didn't think they were actively shopping?
that's all we know. basically both are stalling until one side breaks down.

same thing seems to be going on with O'Reilly and Benn.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Dougie Hamilton as good as PK? Okay, call us when Dougie becomes a #1 D-man in his first season scoring nearly 40 points on offense... as for the rest of the post, not even gonna bother.
He never said Hamilton was as good, just he would not trade him for Subban. No one will reasonably argue Subban does not have more value but preference plays a factor. Why give up more assets to acquire a talent young defenseman, when you believe one of the assets you're giving up will be just that?

Anywho, Hamilton is a fantastic prospect, already sliding into top tier minutes and adjusting remarkably well. I cannot believe Bruins fans for keeping him.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Frank Drebin

lol its pretty funny when you see all three threads merged into one...Bruins fans complaining, Habs fans complaining, Isles fans complaining, and Ranger fans laughing.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:20 PM
BusQuets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
How would the Wild even know what the offer is without even answering the phone?
Reading from Eklund tweets.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:22 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
It's prorated this year. Visnovsky would cancel out some of that. Streit would likely be gone next year in this case too. So that cancels out a large portion of the salary. It's far less likely the Habs would make such a poor trade than the Isles would not step up because of money. IMO. Wang has shown a willingness in the past to spend (reportedly tried to trade for Gomez last year, large offer rejected by Paul Martin, picking up Osgood). It's conceivable, now that the team's future home is secured in Brooklyn, that he would spend a little more to improve the team. As bad as Wang is from a hockey operations standpoint I do believe, maybe naively, that he wants to win.
Isles never tried trading for Gomez. That was a rumor, that originated from a Habs fan's website. Gomez and his agent both denied, he'd ever been approached about waiving his NTC for LI.

Pleks and Subban's 2012-2013 salaries may be prorated this season, but next season Pleks will make $5m and Subban will make what $5m-$7m?

Hamonic is due a raise this summer and although Habs fans think Subban is on some other level, the isles think Hamonic's a developing young stud for them. They aren't rewarding Subban, while putting the squeeze on Hamonic.

I've already posted above, that Staples and Botta have had tweets/chats about the Isles and according to them, Wang is not looking to open his checkbook at this point.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
He never said Hamilton was as good, just he would not trade him for Subban. No one will reasonably argue Subban does not have more value but preference plays a factor. Why give up more assets to acquire a talent young defenseman, when you believe one of the assets you're giving up will be just that?

Anywho, Hamilton is a fantastic prospect, already sliding into top tier minutes and adjusting remarkably well. I cannot believe Bruins fans for keeping him.
This is a great response.

No one is saying that Hamilton is better than Subban. I really like P.K. Subban and his play in Montreal. It's simply that Hamilton has potential to be the exact type of player (time will tell if better or worse) as Subban so why trade him? it simply doesn't make sense when all indications are that Hamilton is adjusting well and finding his place in the NHL.

Hell, he was on the top pairing with Chara yesterday afternoon and played well. He even saw some PP time.

This would have been similar to Montreal trading away Subban to get Letang (for example) when P.K. was jsut coming into the NHL and Letang was having success in Pittsburgh.

If P.K. wants out that is a different story, but all indications are that he loves Montreal, Montreal loves him and it is simply a matter of both sides finding the compromise that suits them.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
lol its pretty funny when you see all three threads merged into one...Bruins fans complaining, Habs fans complaining, Isles fans complaining, and Ranger fans laughing.
No complaining.

I'd like Subban. Not at $5m+ though.

Snow's done a good job getting his young core players, to sign reasonable extensions. I expect Hamonic to sign a multi yr deal, for $3m-$4m per.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
thedjpd

I'm terrible at these, but, here's my idea.

Philly gives: Schenn + Schenn
MTL gives: Subban + Top 6 sniper type [not "elite" level prospect like Schenn may, but something to offset the greater value that PK has). Or add a 1st from Philly on top, if necessary.

Other picks to even out.

MTL gets somebody to replace Subban at least defensively, young and with potential, along with a good sized, gritty offensive center.

Philly gets their elusive #1 D-man potential, and a sniper to play with Giroux on the top line.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Keep dreamin'
Significant might be a the wrong term since subban is very good in his own right. But I do see Hamilton being the better player in the long run. Definetly is going to be a chara replacement ( and don't misconstrue my words as me saying he's the next chara cause I know people love doing that around here)

Old
01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
patrick

Quote:
Isles never tried trading for Gomez. That was a rumor, that originated from a Habs fan's website. Gomez and his agent both denied, he'd ever been approached about waiving his NTC for LI..
Ok, I'll also offer up the Ryan Smyth trade/attempt to resign (he took less money with another team like Martin did) and the Ehrhoff trade to show that Wang has shown that he will add payroll for a good player. Botta and Staples are mediocre journalists, their mumblings carry little weight for me.

Even if they went and flipped Plekanec (a real possibility in this very unlikely scenario) there is no way you could turn down a deal where you give up two prospects, you'd have to find a way to make it work to add Subban to the core.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
Ok, I'll also offer up the Ryan Smyth trade/attempt to resign (he took less money with another team like Martin did) and the Ehrhoff trade to show that Wang has shown that he will add payroll for a good player. Botta and Staples are mediocre journalists, their mumblings carry little weight for me.

Even if they went and flipped Plekanec (a real possibility in this very unlikely scenario) there is no way you could turn down a deal where you give up two prospects, you'd have to find a way to make it work to add Subban to the core.
The Ryan Smyth trade/attempt to resign happened in the Spring of 2007.It's 2013.

And the isles aren't giving up their top prospects, so they can turn around and try to flip Plekanec elsewhere

I've already said I'd like to have Subban on the isles. I just don't want him at $5m-$7m. Like the Habs reported 2 yrs/$7m offer, I'd want him at $3m-$4m per.

The same type of reasonable contract, that I hope Hamonic will sign this summer.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:54 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post

Patrice Bergeron
Brad Marchand
Dougie Hamilton

PK Subban
Lars Eller
MTL 2nd 2013

So Bruins give up 2LW, 2C and good prospect Stay-at-Home D-man to acquire a potential franchise D-man (with the mean attitude Bruins love), a good 3C (to allow Seguin to move up) and a 2nd in what looks like a deep draft, that could be a high 2nd.

I can't remember if Bergeron or Marchand have said one way or the other how they'd feel about playing for the Habs (it's not for everyone, especially francophones), but this is a huge boost to the grittiness and speed that the Habs are looking for in their top 6.

The loss of PK would be hard, but the Habs have their PMD back in Markov, and have options in the system, not to mention a deep draft upcoming. The Habs will be in a position where they can move Plekanec at the deadline to get their 2nd back, with interest (as he'll be expendable with Galchenyuk ready to grow into the 1C role and a high-end C prospect available in the draft).

Boston certainly looks like the winner at the on-set, because the tandem of Chara and PK would be terrifying, but the loss of Marchand and Bergeron would not go unnoticed.

This trade speaks to areas of strength for both teams though.

What does everyone else think?
Proposals and reasoning like this is the reason why the trade proposals threads are a complete joke. Absolutely useless.

" the loss of Marchand and Bergeron would not go unnoticed "

Really?? The loss of one of the best two way centers in the game, reigning Selke winner and a two way agitating skilled winger -both young and in the prime of their careers BTW- would not go unnoticed? No ****

Old
01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
patrick

Quote:
The Ryan Smyth trade/attempt to resign happened in the Spring of 2007.It's 2013.

And the Ehrhoff trade happened in 2011. Now there is an arena deal in place and some real talent on the team. I'm not a big Strome fan, I like Reinhart a lot more but prospects are unknown commodities.
See DeHaan, Calvin.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Heimerdinger

Hamonic + something vs Subban

Old
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Sevren

Quote:
Dougie Hamilton as good as PK? Okay, call us when Dougie becomes a #1 D-man in his first season scoring nearly 40 points on offense... as for the rest of the post, not even gonna bother.
How could Hamilton become a #1 D-man in his first season and score nearly 40 pts when we have Chara as #1 and the season only has 48 games? Makes zero sense. Do you think that PK would be a #1 D-man if he played for the Bruins?

Besides, as others have said I did not say Hamilton was at this point in time better than PK, I said I see no reason to trade Hamilton for PK straight up when Hamilton seems like a perfect fit for us.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
IceDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
I see Hamilton being significantly better than subban in a few years.
Is there a reason you believe this?

Closed Thread