HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Things that wrestling fans say that annoy you.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Aurel Joliat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Please don't ever compare Ryback to Brock Lesnar ever again.
I don't compare them. I just say that sometimes wrestling fans can be stupid

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 02:17 PM
The Shockmaster
Balee Dat?

- People mixing up "losing a match" and "getting buried".

The Shockmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Megahab

Quote:
CM Punk is the current WWE Champion. He used to be a mid-high guy until last summer, he went off script during a promo basically called out Vince McMahon, his family, and other backstage executives for being morons and running the company into the ground. It made him a mega star overnight, and now he's the longest reigning champion since the 80's.

CM Punk did not go off script. That whole promo was supposed to happen. I believe this is what they call a worked shoot.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:06 AM
M.C.G. 31
SR

vCash: 50
No one knew what Punk was gonna say except Punk. WWE just gave him the platform, Punk ran the general ideas by them, and boom.

Afterwards, Vince told Punk "it's a shame you're leaving, we can make a lot of money."

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
No one knew what Punk was gonna say except Punk. WWE just gave him the platform, Punk ran the general ideas by them, and boom.

Afterwards, Vince told Punk "it's a shame you're leaving, we can make a lot of money."
They must have at least had an idea of what he was going to say. I doubt he would against anything that was pre-approved.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
They must have at least had an idea of what he was going to say. I doubt he would against anything that was pre-approved.
They told him to "air his grievances", I don't believe they knew he would go off like he did. They ran with it and it became a signature moment. That's why a heel CM Punk is so much better than a face Punk.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:25 AM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
CM Punk is the current WWE Champion. He used to be a mid-high guy until last summer, he went off script during a promo basically called out Vince McMahon, his family, and other backstage executives for being morons and running the company into the ground. It made him a mega star overnight, and now he's the longest reigning champion since the 80's.

Ryback is a no-talent bodybuilder that was gift wrapped title matches because Vince loves super manly beefcake wrestlers. The Goldberg thing is because he's exactly like him - big, shaved head, short beard, bad at wrestling. People chant it to mock him.

Vickie is the late Eddie Guerrero's wife. Her job is to get you to hate her.

Shane isn't involved with the company anymore.

Brodus is a comedy dancing disco character. Kids love him.
Yeah, I know this post is several weeks old, but I 'm wondering why this is? I remember a few years ago, in Steve Simmons' Sunday editorial where he comments on everything and anything sports-related, he said something to the effect that Shane had been pushed out of the company and Stephanie was supposedly involved. A power play of some sorts...

Don't know how Simmons knew this as I can't imagine he has that many connections in the wrestling industry. It was a one- sentence comment, but an intriguing one nonetheless. Anyone have any insight.

I miss Shane. Enjoyed his heel persona, his antics in the ring and some of the crazy spots he did. Kinda wish he'd come back.

Until this week (Raw's 20th anniversary) I had not sat down to watch a televised WWE program or any wrestling program for that manner since Wrestlemania 27 so I'm a little out-of-date when it comes to annoying things fans say, but one that truly annoyed me was the "What" chants. It's been 11 years since Austin started that and I'm sure even he is sick of it by now.

Last edited by blueandgoldguy: 01-19-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: grammar
blueandgoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:36 AM
M.C.G. 31
SR

I'm pretty sure Shane made the decision to leave when he realized Stephanie/HHH were going to control the majority of the company when Vince passes the company over, and Shane wanted to pursue other business ventures.

Thing is, Stephanie is completely incompetent and has been the reason for the creative downfall since she took over head of creative in 2001 or 2002. She pushed Heyman out and the company has just been lackluster creatively as time has progressed. Shane McMahon on the other hand has a great business mind and saw the threat of MMA when it was rising, but Vince wasn't buying it.

From what others have said too, Shane McMahon was the most level headed McMahon, easiest to talk to and cool with everyone. I've heard Stephanie is very confrontational.

IMO, Vince or HHH need to get Stephanie out of that area of the company, put her somewhere else and let Heyman become head of creative - but that won't happen, sadly. And then they need to lure Shane back in, which probably won't happen because he's found success outside of wrestling.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 2013
Quote:
IMO, Vince or HHH need to get Stephanie out of that area of the company, put her somewhere else and let Heyman become head of creative - but that won't happen, sadly.
Was just watching the CM Punk documentary and the interview with Michael Hayes about how he basically takes everything Heyman says with a grain of salt. Nobody in that company respects Heyman's mind for wrestling even though it's probably one of the best on the payroll, let alone the business.

Then of course there was the December to Dismember debacle...

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:10 PM
M.C.G. 31
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Was just watching the CM Punk documentary and the interview with Michael Hayes about how he basically takes everything Heyman says with a grain of salt. Nobody in that company respects Heyman's mind for wrestling even though it's probably one of the best on the payroll, let alone the business.

Then of course there was the December to Dismember debacle...
Yeah, some have thrown out that Stephanie McMahon is jealous of Paul Heyman because of his creative work on Smackdown from 2002-2004 though. Not sure how much of that is legit, but I've heard it thrown out there.

Paul Heyman has the best creative mind in the WWE by far now. He's a great creative mind and has the eye for talent. On the business side of things... no.

December to Dismember was terrible because Vince stepped in and wanted the title on Lashley. ECW/Heyman were ****ed from the get-go and Punk was ultimately screwed as well.

Seriously, when Vince leaves everything, if you have:
Shane McMahon handling the business side of things
Triple H recruiting talent and handling all the development
Paul Heyman as the head of creative

you have great staff. Especially if you get the write people around those guys, it's great. William Regal and Jim Ross scouting talent as well. Billy Gunn as head trainer in NXT. REAL wrestling minds on creative along with Paul Heyman and not these Hollywood soap opera writers who know nothing about the business. It'd just be fun to watch.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." - PK Subban
He has physical charisma. When he talks he sounds like a gps device in a car. "In 500 feet, belie dat!" - NewAgeOutlaw
Old
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 2013
Quote:
December to Dismember was terrible because Vince stepped in and wanted the title on Lashley. ECW/Heyman were ****ed from the get-go and Punk was ultimately screwed as well.
What a mess. Heyman's plan was the way to go and Vince couldn't put his ego aside. Even Big Show (the ECW champ at the time) was on board with his plan. Punk would've started the match with Big Show, made him tap within the first couple minutes, and detonated the fans in the process. Instead, Punk is eliminated first (wouldn't get the title for almost a year) and Vince puts the title on Lashley.

It's kind of amazing to think that Vince actually gave a crap about WWECW but he needed his muscle-guy to get the rub at all costs.

Also, it makes me wonder if we would've gotten CM Punk, the main eventer, any sooner.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote