HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I answered you the other day...there will be at least 50/game.
Must have missed that, do you know approx how many $10 tix they put up for the sale the last few seasons? Less/more than 50, thanks.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:07 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Must have missed that, do you know approx how many $10 tix they put up for the sale the last few seasons? Less/more than 50, thanks.
I know the first season it was more, I think each season it's gone down a little bit. Last season it may have been around 50 or so though.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
our tickets are not nearly as expensive as most teams in the league, actually.

plus there is almost always a deal or a giveaway or something
I am not talking about a season ticket deal and dont forget most outside of this little HF cocoon do not know of or have access to many of the deals that pop up. I am talking about hey I decided I wanna go tonight. Or i"m going to pick 5 games for the season. Our tickets are way more expensive. I looked at some teams Gold(Premium) games for balcony type seats. Rangers 74 Us 72. St Louis 49 Philly 62 Caps 55 Carolina 45 NYI 52. It keeps day of game walk ups to almost nothing and our partial plan pricing is a joke compared to some these other teams. We are priced like a premium attraction. We are not at best we are the 8th team in the region. the Red Bulls averaged 19,600 so you can argue we are below them . Yes we have some very attractive ticket deals but you have to know how to access them. I know we have gone thru this Ad nauseum but wouldnt a 40 dollar balcony price for the majority of the games be a better way.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
I am not talking about a season ticket deal and dont forget most outside of this little HF cocoon do not know of or have access to many of the deals that pop up. I am talking about hey I decided I wanna go tonight. Or i"m going to pick 5 games for the season. Our tickets are way more expensive. I looked at some teams Gold(Premium) games for balcony type seats. Rangers 74 Us 72. St Louis 49 Philly 62 Caps 55 Carolina 45 NYI 52. It keeps day of game walk ups to almost nothing and our partial plan pricing is a joke compared to some these other teams. We are priced like a premium attraction. We are not at best we are the 8th team in the region. the Red Bulls averaged 19,600 so you can argue we are below them . Yes we have some very attractive ticket deals but you have to know how to access them. I know we have gone thru this Ad nauseum but wouldnt a 40 dollar balcony price for the majority of the games be a better way.
Nope. I refuse to believe there was a single season in their current building (in which they have played 3 years) that the Red Bulls averaged 19,600. Considering I've been working just about every game day for them since the 2nd half of that first season, I can attest to the fact they don't average remotely close to that. Knock it down 3 to 5 thousand and you're a lot closer to accurate. They do a ridiculous amount of papering the house, especially in the last season. They have a bigger building (that holds about 8,000 more) and they probably draw less or the same number of fans per game. The Devils are doing far better at drawing crowds than they are, especially at a higher price point at that.

It's also hard to compare the Devils prices to teams in other parts of the country. Regional economic differences play a huge factor in that. Tickets for a team in NY/NJ will always be more than most of the teams across the country, save for a few areas. This goes well beyond sports as well (look at the price of a house in NJ and one in the midwest), so its not a unique case here.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

I looked it up out curiosity, and here are the Red Bull's average the last 2 years:

2011: 19,691
2012: 18,252

I'm a little surprised. I've never been to a game so I can't attest to how much of that is "paper". Still, seems like decent numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Ne...d_Bulls_season

Old
01-22-2013, 11:08 AM
MartysBetterThanYou

Red Bull tickets also sell for practically a pittance, and there are not nearly as many games per year as Devils games to sell, so most games will be on weekends.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I looked it up out curiosity, and here are the Red Bull's average the last 2 years:

I'm a little surprised. I've never been to a game so I can't attest to how much of that is "paper". Still, seems like decent numbers.

Their tix are dirt cheap, they play way less games and most on the weekends.
I coach youth soccer and we are always offered free RB tickets too.

A comparison of pricing vs other NHL teams is valid, RB's should not be in the same conversation.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post

I'll tell you right now those numbers are very very inflated. In 2012, we had at most 5 matches that had 20,000 or more there. And I think I'm overestimating on that count. If you include the playoff match, they hosted 18 MLS matches. If you want to say those 5 were sellouts with an attendance of 25,000 (which they weren't, but I'll pretend for this example), that would mean the attendance for the other 18 matches averaged about 15,000, which I would say is near impossible. There were at least 2 matches that had under 10,000 there. Plenty in the 12-15 range. It was a terrible combo of ridiculously inflating numbers and papering the house significantly on top of that. Anyone who went to a few Red Bulls games can confirm that the crowd was very rarely as high as that average claims to be. Maybe the DC match (and the playoff match), and one or two others at best this year sniffed that level.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:27 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I do find it ironic people are complaining about the single game prices (which, granted are over the top in certain areas), when just 3-4 years ago it was the sth's complaining that single game discount hunters were getting better prices - and in some cases that's still true btw.

I think the Devils are at least heading in the right direction shifting the needle towards sth's in terms of value. I hope in the next couple years the Devils can get enough sth's where they'll shift the single game pricing (not to mention plan pricing) down a notch.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:29 AM
MartysBetterThanYou

The Red Bulls have quite the identity crisis. Their corporatized name reduces the recognition of them as a sports franchise and Red Bull treats them as a marketing tool instead of a viable business. They play in the heart of Jersey soccer territory (Kearny, Harrison, East Newark, Ironbound, North Newark) but call themselves "New York" when the heart of NYC soccer is in Brooklyn (Red Hook etc.) where it is hard to get to the stadium from. They would probably do better marketing themselves as a New Jersey or a Newark team. Additionally, an MLS franchise in Brooklyn or Queens would do well for NYC.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:29 AM
njdevil26

The playoff match had about 2,000 people. It was right after the hurricane and it took two days to play the game because of the snowstorm so that's excusable.

The attendance at RBA dipped this past season... I don't know why. They are a team that really takes care of their season ticket holders though. I'm a Viking Army Member and a season ticket holder. Section 102 six rows off the pitch. A whole season costs $320 per seat for the whole season. This year there's 17 home games. We also get three "bonus events" like a friendly against a European team or two other matches at the arena so that's cool. They also include free first and second round playoff tickets. We get yellow cards with discounts on merch, concessions, and scarves that have the section number on them.

I definitely feel "taken care of" as a Red Bull season ticket holder. I know the team is trying real hard to get Kaka to come play for us. His deal with AC Milan just fell through so it's a possibility. If he comes, then Ironbound will show up to the game and the attendance numbers will def shoot up. I urge everyone here to go to a Red Bull match. They are so much fun.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:31 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou View Post
The Red Bulls have quite the identity crisis. Their corporatized name reduces the recognition of them as a sports franchise and Red Bull treats them as a marketing tool instead of a viable business. They play in the heart of Jersey soccer territory (Kearny, Harrison, East Newark, Ironbound, North Newark) but call themselves "New York" when the heart of NYC soccer is in Brooklyn (Red Hook etc.) where it is hard to get to the stadium from. They would probably do better marketing themselves as a New Jersey or a Newark team. Additionally, an MLS franchise in Brooklyn or Queens would do well for NYC.
I think once Queens gets their team, NYRB might become NJRB. That's just a guess... but I'd like it! The Queens team will be owned by Manchester City with money coming from Etihad Airways.... endless supply of cash.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
The playoff match had about 2,000 people. It was right after the hurricane and it took two days to play the game because of the snowstorm so that's excusable.

The attendance at RBA dipped this past season... I don't know why. They are a team that really takes care of their season ticket holders though. I'm a Viking Army Member and a season ticket holder. Section 102 six rows off the pitch. A whole season costs $320 per seat for the whole season. This year there's 17 home games. We also get three "bonus events" like a friendly against a European team or two other matches at the arena so that's cool. They also include free first and second round playoff tickets. We get yellow cards with discounts on merch, concessions, and scarves that have the section number on them.

I definitely feel "taken care of" as a Red Bull season ticket holder. I know the team is trying real hard to get Kaka to come play for us. His deal with AC Milan just fell through so it's a possibility. If he comes, then Ironbound will show up to the game and the attendance numbers will def shoot up. I urge everyone here to go to a Red Bull match. They are so much fun.
Well, for the day the playoff match was played the crowd wasn't bad. Not a sellout, but a pretty good crowd, especially considering the short notice of it all. The day of the snow though, under 2,000 is a pretty fair assessment. That day was a mess to say the least.

They do enough that their attendance should be better. It just isn't. I don't know if its because there isn't enough interest in the game, or as is being said that they promote themselves poorly. I definitely feel the latter is a key part of it, but not entirely sure if its all of it. Their marketing definitely needs a lot of work. There's no reason why a team that spends so much on a new building, and on top quality talent (relative to the rest of the league at least) should do such a poor job at drawing. Definitely agree about the identity crisis. They want to be New York so bad that they almost ignore the fact they're New Jersey. I get the idea of wanting to establish some good roots in NY, especially with the Cosmos coming in a few years. But alienating and avoiding NJ isn't going to help them, be it now or when they have some direct competition. It baffles me sometimes.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Well, for the day the playoff match was played the crowd wasn't bad. Not a sellout, but a pretty good crowd, especially considering the short notice of it all. The day of the snow though, under 2,000 is a pretty fair assessment. That day was a mess to say the least.

They do enough that their attendance should be better. It just isn't. I don't know if its because there isn't enough interest in the game, or as is being said that they promote themselves poorly. I definitely feel the latter is a key part of it, but not entirely sure if its all of it. Their marketing definitely needs a lot of work. There's no reason why a team that spends so much on a new building, and on top quality talent (relative to the rest of the league at least) should do such a poor job at drawing. Definitely agree about the identity crisis. They want to be New York so bad that they almost ignore the fact they're New Jersey. I get the idea of wanting to establish some good roots in NY, especially with the Cosmos coming in a few years. But alienating and avoiding NJ isn't going to help them, be it now or when they have some direct competition. It baffles me sometimes.
yeah they try too hard to be NY. All the viewing parties, signings, and events are usually in Manhattan. Viking Army and GSU do a better job in the community in NJ than the team haha.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
yeah they try too hard to be NY. All the viewing parties, signings, and events are usually in Manhattan. Viking Army and GSU do a better job in the community in NJ than the team haha.
Ignoring NJ will hurt them in the long haul.
It's why many soccer people I know don't go to their games.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:34 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Ignoring NJ will hurt them in the long haul.
It's why many soccer people I know don't go to their games.
I personally don't care what they are called. Honestly I consider North Jersey to be one big NYC suburb. I'm not even mad at the Nets anymore. I love soccer and that's our local team. They can be called the Atlantic Region Slow Busers for all I care.... they are my team.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:36 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Extended by demand - Tickets for 1/25 or 1/31

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/...nded-by-demand

Last edited by cj225: 01-22-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Extended by demand - Tickets for 1/25 or 1/29

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/...nded-by-demand
Cool.

****It's 1/25 vs Caps and 1/31 vs Isles (not 1/29)

Old
01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Cool.

****It's 1/25 vs Caps and 1/31 vs Isles (not 1/29)
Yeah I got a little excited about all these games!

Old
01-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Brick City
Ignore me!

Quote:
I personally don't care what they are called. Honestly I consider North Jersey to be one big NYC suburb. I'm not even mad at the Nets anymore. I love soccer and that's our local team. They can be called the Atlantic Region Slow Busers for all I care.... they are my team.
North Jersey may be a suburb of NYC but with the exception of perhaps Hoboken and Jersey City it is not the 'sixth borough' or part of NYC. I like to think most New Jerseyans identify as such. Most people root for one of the local football teams (including myself) despite their New York names. However, that is the NFL - it can give fans the bird and they'll still follow (guess the little 'ole NHL is the same on that one). However, if the soccer crowd in the towns surrounding Harrison isn't flocking to the Red Bulls because the team spurns New Jersey, good for them.

Hockey is my favorite sport but I think I have a little more passion for the Devils because they are proudly 'Jersey's Team.'

Old
01-22-2013, 12:57 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Whenever this gets locked, the new one is ready to go. I'll update the 2nd post as best I can throughout the season.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Cowbell232

Close enough.

The new one is up and running.

Closed Thread