HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎ ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
why couldn't they get better? Luongo's price changes as demand goes up and down. As of right now, there is seemingly a small demand, but that could change easily
I don't know why you keep trying to convince Toronto fans that Lou is worth more than they're offering. You're not and won't make any progress.

Old
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTampaFan View Post
IF washington is in on it what would you think the pieces would be? Gillis has said that he has been asking for a Roster player + a Good prospect.

Could Filip Forsberg be in the trade?

Van:
Brouwer
Forsberg

WSH:
Luongo
Raymond

??

Gillis DID say it was no one that people were talking about.
We would never do this trade. Filip Forsberg is going to be on the roster next year. If anything, they would trade Evgeni Kuznetsov and another piece for Luongo.

Washington is not interested, though.

Old
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
why couldn't they get better? Luongo's price changes as demand goes up and down. As of right now, there is seemingly a small demand, but that could change easily
depends how it plays out.. if Lou becomes the starter and kills it well i understand, but if he rides the bench value goes down, especially with the cap going down also.

Their is a reason why lou has not been traded yet... gillis is snapping on his prices

Old
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Clark4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs View Post
You don't say? We haven't been hearing anything similar to this for the past 5 months.
It was just reported on the Fan590 a few minutes ago, lol.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs View Post
I don't know why you keep trying to convince Toronto fans that Lou is worth more than they're offering. You're not and won't make any progress.
I keep attempting to talk about general value, but they assume that I still want him to go to Toronto.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
We would never do this trade. Filip Forsberg is going to be on the roster next year. If anything, they would trade Evgeni Kuznetsov and another piece for Luongo.

Washington is not interested, though.
yes please! would love Kuznetsov +

Old
01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Plus Washington is confident in Braden Holtby as being the starter.

If Washington traded for Luongo, you would be throwing away Holtby and Neuvirth's careers in Washington. Not worth it at all.

The only thing I could see is Calgary and they're moving Michael Cammaleri and trying to get something out of Leland Irving.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
yes please! would love Kuznetsov +
He won't crack an NHL roster for two more years, though.

That being said, we wouldn't waste Holtby and Neuvirth for that.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:15 PM
rune74

Well this thread has generated from trade ideas to team bashing. I am more interested in hearing potential deals and ideas then why our team has a goal tending controversy or that lou's value is plummeting. Or thoughts of our team as a whole.

Personaly I can see some team that hasn't been mentioned as a destination, I prefer to keep him over Schneider to be honest. I'm really sick of hearing people bash him as a player and a person on here.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Scouter

vCash: 385
To TBay for Purcell.

To Philly for B. Schenn or Voracek.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
It comes down to who is the more desperate team, and right now that's the nucks
Nope, talking to other teams right now. Lightning, Stars, etc. Leafs are more desperate, sorry.

Luongo to Leafs isn't happening.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
LPH

Quote:
He won't crack an NHL roster for two more years, though.

That being said, we wouldn't waste Holtby and Neuvirth for that.

love the hint

I don't see the Flames or Caps being any more interested than kicking the tires.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Zoombie

Quote:

The only thing I could see is Calgary and they're moving Michael Cammaleri and trying to get something out of Leland Irving.
What would Calgary do with 2 30+ year old goalies and over $11 mill dedicated to one position? Not going to happen.

Canucks should trade Schneider, they could get real assets for him and be contenders again. Luongo is a good goalie but with his contract he won't return enough from any deal to take them to where they want to be.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Montreal and Buffalo are the class of the East and Kadri's goals are going to end up going head to head as goals of the year.

Lets get real. Kadri is on the third line on a lottery team. He's potted a couple goals. I hope he stays with you guys, as Wilson messed his development up and ruined his confidence. It would be great to see him overcome that. The way some of you fans talk though, you would think he has exploded out if the gate like Tarasenko.

Anyways, for me, Toronto is out if the running. I don't think they were ever in and don't know if Luongo would have ever waived to go there. My money is on Philadelphia or Washington.
Scoring in each of his first two games is pretty solid for a guy our (old) management team used to **** on. He's also done it in a limited role. As well, the reason he plays on the 'third line' is because there isn't anywhere else for him. Playing on the 'third line' of a 'lottery team' is a fairly poor manner in which to determine someone's worth and skill; especially when both assertions are based off of assumptions.

edit: I also wouldn't trade Kadri for Luongo. I don't know what Vancouver is thinking so I have no idea how well it does or doesn't fit there; but Luongo isn't really needed in Toronto right now. I'd see how our guys do: best case, they play great and we have a solid team; worst case, they're awful and we get a solid pick.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:20 PM
professorchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Nope, talking to other teams right now. Lightning, Stars, etc. Leafs are more desperate, sorry.

Exactly. Leafs fans should just pass this thread by, there really isn't any reason for them to post here anymore (unless they believe Eklund, and by doing so destroy their credibility).

So glad this will be over soon, I couldn't care less what the return will be.

Old
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
What would Calgary do with 2 30+ year old goalies and over $11 mill dedicated to one position? Not going to happen.

Canucks should trade Schneider, they could get real assets for him and be contenders again. Luongo is a good goalie but with his contract he won't return enough from any deal to take them to where they want to be.
I hear that Schneider is worth more all the time, but nobody offers up anything of value for him on here

Old
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post

You do realize how bad Calgary is, right?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:21 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post

WHY the **** would the starts want LOU....

maybe Tampa...

with the price gillis is at i hope NONIS stays away from lou

Old
Ballgarath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
The Hockey News is reporting that Lou will end up in Toronto.

Ok Knuckleheads, you can have Connolly, MacArthur and a 2nd round pick.
very funny cant wait for kessel to say NO to toronto. anyways id rather trade with a team that isnt filled with what we already have, of course our tweeners are better than yours and is why we dont make good trading partners.the couple players we would want you dont want to give for LU which is fine but is just more reason to look at other potential trade partners.

Old
OlliMackBjugStud

Someone is going to have to explain to me how Luongo's contract can be considered anything except one of the single best contracts in the history of the NHL cap era.

I mean, did they not just outlaw it from ever happening again? They did this because its bad for the team or because it gives the team an unfair advantage?

Clearly because it gives the team an unfair advantage. I fail to see how having a contract on the book that gives your team an unfair advantage for 10 more years can be considered an anchor as i have seen it called.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Montreal and Buffalo are the class of the East and Kadri's goals are going to end up going head to head as goals of the year.

Lets get real. Kadri is on the third line on a lottery team. He's potted a couple goals. I hope he stays with you guys, as Wilson messed his development up and ruined his confidence. It would be great to see him overcome that. The way some of you fans talk though, you would think he has exploded out if the gate like Tarasenko.

Anyways, for me, Toronto is out if the running. I don't think they were ever in and don't know if Luongo would have ever waived to go there. My money is on Philadelphia or Washington.
I know it has only been two games, and I don't know if you have actually watched them or just looked at the box score but I can say with confidence that Kadri has probably been the best player on the entire roster so far this year, at least the most dangerous offensively.

Given his potential (and he does have potential to be good, despite what HFBoards says), and the amount of time we have spent developing him, it is extremely doubtful Toronto would move him as soon as he started showing flashes of what is potentially to come.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I know it has only been two games, and I don't know if you have actually watched them or just looked at the box score but I can say with confidence that Kadri has probably been the best player on the entire roster so far this year, at least the most dangerous offensively.

Given his potential (and he does have potential to be good, despite what HFBoards says), and the amount of time we have spent developing him, it is extremely doubtful Toronto would move him as soon as he started showing flashes of what is potentially to come.
Teams often trade players that have had a bad history once they get hot. They try to get the most value out of them as possible.

Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Luongo is not going to toronto.
Kadri is playing well, and they wont trade gard or rielly.

No point in even trying.

It's chicago/detroit imo

Old
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
I don't see it ebing the Flames. They have Kipper and they will eventually need to rebuild. Adding Lou wuold be dumb.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:25 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
WHY the **** would the starts want LOU....

maybe Tampa...

with the price gillis is at i hope NONIS stays away from lou
Ask them

I hope Nonis stays away too because nobody wants his spare parts...

Closed Thread