HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXVIII - "Watch out for that Tree"

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Haha. Funny you should say that, I've been streaming tsn radio at work every day. I flip from Winnipeg, to Toronto, to Montreal and back and forth all day long. Basically, what I've learned is it appears you folks up in Quebec are only interested in smoking meat and drinking. If you add watching hockey to those two activities, you have my three most favorite things in the world all at once. If there is any truth to this, I may have to think about moving.
LOL!!

Old
01-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj8000 View Post
No it was not taken in Quebec City. The stop sign says "Stop" not "Arret"
Ya, merci beaucoup aj. Busted by the Language Police. Do Not Pass Go. Pay Fine. Just another Maudit Bloke huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
No no no. You would not die. Why do you think Russians appreciate vodka ?
Da da da Comrade... you can very nearly die of hypothermia if your not careful. Frozen solid while riding up a chair lift at Mont Sainte Anne, pried free with a blow torch, funny looking coffin. Bar hopping in the St. Roch district, stepping out for a smoke, nose, fingers exposed for more than 30 second; frostbite. Amputation, prosthetics & plastic surgery, months of rehabilitation.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
I wish I could trade places with someone from Phoenix, at least for a day. That way I could enjoy a game tomorrow night and they could enjoy North Pole temperatures.
Can I come with you? Would like to hang out in shorts in January hahaha. Going to a hockey game wearing flip-flops would be great.

It is so cold in Quebec City that even though outdoor rinks are beautiful, one would be crazy to go out and play. I did during the last "cold wave" and my right pinky still hurts from the cold.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:37 AM
lockstock

It's so warm here, the ice cream truck was out in my neighborhood yesterday. Perfect indoor hockey weather and outdoor living weather in the desert.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:43 AM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

If the January 31st deadline to close with the AMF/Lease agreement passes, what are the odds that the new city council re-signs the same lease?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:58 AM
goyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
If the January 31st deadline to close with the AMF/Lease agreement passes, what are the odds that the new city council re-signs the same lease?
Less than zero....

Old
01-22-2013, 12:07 PM
pondnorth

It was so cold here this morning,Winnipeg,it frose the nuts off my monkey wrench.Luckily with enough hot buttered rum i was able to fix it.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Slashers98

Phoenix Coyotes: The Clock Is Ticking In Glendale
http://thehockeywriters.com/phoenix-...g-in-glendale/

A summary of the situation for those not familiar with the saga... which doesn't applies to most of the regular posters here.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:49 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers98 View Post

A summary of the situation for those not familiar with the saga... which doesn't applies to most of the regular posters here.
I expect a witty response to George Fallar's comment on that article.

I'm waiting!

Old
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
silvercanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post

I'm waiting!
I actually measure the viability of the Phoenix Coyotes franchise by the witty responses.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Slashers98

Why would I even bother to reply to Fallar's comment? That guy is a joke.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

Quote:
Why would I even bother to reply to Fallar's comment? That guy is a joke.
Because it should make for some very good entertainment.

And I do agree the guy is a complete joke.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
cutchemist42

If Jamison had the money lined up, is there any good reason to delay the announcement?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Slashers98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
If Jamison had the money lined up, is there any good reason to delay the announcement?
Nope, the lock-out is over and there is no major hurdle remaining in Glendale.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
Its all guesswork, all its ever really been when it comes Greg Jamison Im afraid. The pucks on his stick, all we can do is wait & see what he does with it, this constant ragging & keep away game that he's been playing beyond tiresome.

Note; good little article there Slashers98. Nice re-cap...

Old
01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:

I'm waiting!
Both Fallar and Poulin were wrong on the crowd at Jobbing for the home opener, I think it was a three way split, Coyotes fans, Hawks fans, and a mixed bag of those in town for Barrett- Jackson, vacation, snow birds and those to cheap to buy a ticket to a hockey game in their own home town.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Both Fallar and Poulin were wrong on the crowd at Jobbing for the home opener, I think it was a three way split, Coyotes fans, Hawks fans, and those in town for Barrett- Jackson, vacation and those to cheap to buy a ticket to a hockey game in their own home town.
Probably not quite an even split, I've heard from more than one source that there were quite a few Chicago fans there, far more than Phoenix fans anyways.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Well, yesterday was a bit of a relief. Now back to attendance pissing and bloggers arguing over who's the tallest midget.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
mesamonster

Quote:

The quote regarding tomorrow nights attendance figures and the ATP are the crux of this entire argument. A lack of attendance and hideously low ATP`s portend future losses as far out as the eye can see. The likelihood of turning those two variables around is non-existent! Though some cling to the idea that GJ by his mere existence will draw people that heretofore have never attended a Coyote game, much less set foot in Glendale.
The worst economics in the league have rendered this investment useless to those who have come and looked. To the other (GJ) who has come and looked and has stayed long enough for a second, third and fourth look the numbers still do not add up and his theoretical investors have told him so!

Old
01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Slashers98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Its all guesswork, all its ever really been when it comes Greg Jamison Im afraid. The pucks on his stick, all we can do is wait & see what he does with it, this constant ragging & keep away game that he's been playing beyond tiresome.

Note; good little article there Slashers98. Nice re-cap...
Thanks Killion, I appreciate it coming from you.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
Well, yesterday was a bit of a relief. Now back to attendance pissing and bloggers arguing over who's the tallest midget.
Getting Motion Sickness from all the Spin CF?... in other news, the Batmobile from the Adam West / Burt Ward TV series sold for $4.2M at the Barrett-Jackson Auction earlier this week. Theres plenty of money in Scottsdale & Phoenix. A feature like that in the main lobby of the job, working with locals like Barrett-Jackson just the sort of thing the JIG should have been deploying once the Lockout was over... provided of course one had the confidence a deal would actually get done that is. Sigh.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
silvercanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
The quote regarding tomorrow nights attendance figures and the ATP are the crux of this entire argument. A lack of attendance and hideously low ATP`s portend future losses as far out as the eye can see. The likelihood of turning those two variables around is non-existent! Though some cling to the idea that GJ by his mere existence will draw people that heretofore have never attended a Coyote game, much less set foot in Glendale.
The worst economics in the league have rendered this investment useless to those who have come and looked. To the other (GJ) who has come and looked and has stayed long enough for a second, third and fourth look the numbers still do not add up and his theoretical investors have told him so!
You're from Phoenix. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:06 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Probably not quite an even split, I've heard from more than one source that there were quite a few Chicago fans there, far more than Phoenix fans anyways.
Nope. I was there in section 105. There were a lot of Hawks fans and they were loud, but not as many as there were fans in Coyotes gear cheering the Coyotes. Where people get confused is the Hawks fans had more opportunities to cheer, and of course, some people want it to be true. There were plenty of Black Hawks fans there, but in no way shape or form did they outnumber the people wearing Coyotes gear rooting for the Coyotes.

But it makes a nice story for some folks to put out there. Besides they can always say even 5% opponents fans is way too many for a *cough* real hockey market. Shape the fallacy whichever way suits the argument.

We're a melting pot, be it Yotes, Dbacks, Suns or Cardinals. There are always a lot of opposing team fans present, but they have never outnumbered us, except perhaps when the Cards played at Sun Devil Stadium against the Raiders and got 45,000 to attend and about 60% of them were Raiders fans.

Our issues are aplenty - but too many visiting fans isn't one of them. And I say that as a season ticket holder.

If there is a hockey game, I tend to go to it. If I lived and worked in Canada I'd probably have more friends with that interest in common. Out here, Coyotes fans are the contrarians, and the Rodney Dangerfields of HFboards, getting no respect for our interest in the sport, from the carrion circling overhead just foaming at the mouth to pluck our team for their own nest...

Old
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Killion, I appreciate it coming from you.
Well thank you Slashers.... from one writer to another, you might be interested to learn my last book was featured on Amazon.com. However, you know how when you order from them on-line and they then give you those pop-ups' with "you might also be interested in" with titles of a similar genre?... well, much to my horror I discovered buyers of my work received a pop-up with pictures that said "you might also be interested in this collapsible stool and spool of rope to go with Killions' book". You really have to keep an eye on this sort of thing, who uses what youve written & said, could take it right out of context.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
I am very sure you are trolling. Your statement cannot be further from the truth. But you will only listen to people who support your biased opinion.

I was there. Your 'sources' were obviously not.

But I'm sure our rally won't be as large as your 5000 WPG person rally but I'm sure you won't be impressed anyways.

Closed Thread