HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nino seeking trade?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:46 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Granted, he hasn't exactly proven too much on his own, but can you really blame Nino? The Islanders arguably destroyed his development by stashing him in the pressbox/fourth line half the time just to stay above the salary cap. At some point the Islanders need to realize that there are very, very few Crosby/Stamkos/Malkin/Tavares type of players to come along whom you can just stick on NHL ice and see instant results automatically. We saw it with Josh Bailey first (although he has managed to become a decent player) and now Nino. And of course, when I say the "Islanders" need to realize this, I mean Charles Wang. No number of draft picks and no move to a new arena is going to solve stupidity.
Destroyed his development? As a 20 year old he is 5th in goals and 10th in scoring in the AHL. His development seems to be on schedule to me. In fact, you could probably make an argument right now that being with the Isles last year helped more than being in juniors would have. Maybe being exposed to the speed of the pro game was what he needed most.

Add in the fact that he got paid an NHL salary last year (not sure how much bonus money he got), burned a year of his entry level deal, and I don't really see how he can be too pissed off about last year.

If this story is true, the only explanation is that he feels he has earned a spot on the Isles. I think most of us would disagree.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
This makes no sense. The kid had 1 point all year.
What does that have to do with anything. Maybe he does not like Long island. Maybe wang slept with his wife.
His on ice performance has nothing to do with a player asking for a trade IMO

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Asher

There are some European players that balk at the idea of playing in the AHL. Is that what's happening here?

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Wang/Snow are going to get a lot of bashing here, rightfully so because with out last season this **** show wouldn't have occurred.. But I gotta say Nino is a bit out of line here man your barely 20 years old your going to have a bright future here so whats the god damn problem working on some things in the AHL for a couple months?!

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

let's wait for a credible source to report this.

after strang's redden to the isles fiasco, i don't trust her

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Chileiceman

It just doesn't make sense to me why he wouldn't have been at least invited to camp, considering he's leading Bridgeport in scoring, especially considering that he was on the Isles last year.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Doubt any of this is true. Probably pissed he didn't get an invite to camp but I highly doubt he wants to be traded. Considering the year he's having and what the Islanders current lineup looks like, I really can't blame him for being pissed though.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Islanders4life39

Send a message via MSN to Islanders4life39
He needed a confidence booster, and the AHL has certainly seemed to give him that. I don't think he realizes he will be back as soon as next season. He would not feel nearly as good about himself in the NHL this season.

Islanders4life39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
goal1228

I'm a Snow fan but he better rectify this situation ASAP (If True).
We cant have top NHL Veterans and now top Prospects not wanting to play here.

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
13th Floor

Chances are he's going to see an Islanders uniform this year because of injury.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Isles Junkie

so depressing. I hope that when I come back later tonight I see this was all false. sigh...the plight of an Islander fan.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4life39 View Post
He needed a confidence booster, and the AHL has certainly seemed to give him that. I don't think he realizes he will be back as soon as next season. He would not feel nearly as good about himself in the NHL this season.
I wouldn't be surprised if due to injury or lack of scoring that he would end up being back THIS season. I just don't get it.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Senor Catface

I think you guys and us Oiler fans should start a group therapy session when it comes to dealing with stuff like this.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4life39 View Post
I'd argue he will be back as soon as this season. This lineup is very capable of going into an epic slump. A 20-year old power forward who is one of the AHL's leading goal scorers would almost certainly be one of the first call-ups.

I don't doubt Nino is disappointed, that said I'm guessing he expressed his disappointment and it's now being misconstrued as "wanting to be traded".

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
It just doesn't make sense to me why he wouldn't have been at least invited to camp, considering he's leading Bridgeport in scoring, especially considering that he was on the Isles last year.
Same reason they didn't bring up Nelson, Donovan. With the condensed camp there wasn't enough time for players to distinguish themselves. Better to let the prospects stay where they are, playing in a pro league against older players, than to disrupt their season for a week.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

He's always said and done the right thing, this is so out of character for him or at least to me. When is someone else going to confirm Katie's report? I'll believe it fully if Staple tweets confirmation.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I'm actually getting angry over this BS. Listen kid you shouldn't have been in the NHL last year that is on the team and you had a serious god awful season like really really really bad season. Now your having a great season down in the AHL.. How about instead of pouting about not being in the NHL you just continue working your ass off knowing with injuries and your performance your going to get called up soon! Stop with the self entitlement and work hard and you'll get rewarded.
Okay, let's think about this rationally and from his perspective. Again, Nino is not without fault here because if he was producing he wouldn't be in this situation. So of course he deserves some of the blame. That being said...

Nino, as a 19 year old, was very clearly not ready for the NHL; as you said yourself. Yet despite this, he remained in the NHL. Whose fault is that? Is that Nino's fault? No, it was the Islanders who decided to do that. It was the Islanders who decided to stick him in the press box or have him play 4th line minutes for much of the season. As a 19 year old.

Now again I ask you to put yourself in his position. The Islanders' actions blatantly imply that they were perfectly willing to **** around with - to completely undermine and sacrifice - you and your development for the sake of maintaining salary cap requirements for a single season. If you are Nino, how do you feel about that? Is that a situation you are happy with? Is that an organization that you feel is best serving you and your development? Is that an organization you feel has a plan and long-term outlook for you?

I'll state yet again that Nino is definitely at fault to a degree. But attempting to ignore the significant justifications he has for wanting to go to a different organization is just senseless.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:59 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Still angry about that...
It's never easy.. If it ain't Lubo its now Nino this team will forever be a circus.. even moving to Brooklyn ain't gonna change that.
Yup. A direct result of mismanagement. Sure I blame Nino for this in the end, but he may be the first of the guys to want out if things keep going the way of the circus.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Hope this is BS. Nino "one point" Neiderreiter is in no position to be pouting or requesting trades.

01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Hi guys. Pretty shocked by this but what would you be asking from from Pittsburgh?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Luceni

How about:

T.J. Brennan
Luke Adam

for

Nino?

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
What does that have to do with anything. Maybe he does not like Long island. Maybe wang slept with his wife.
His on ice performance has nothing to do with a player asking for a trade IMO
If you have 1 point in the NHL, you should expect to be playing in the AHL for at least a year.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
I think you guys and us Oiler fans should start a group therapy session when it comes to dealing with stuff like this.
Definitely, hopefully our teams will have better luck going forward.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:03 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Hi guys. Pretty shocked by this but what would you be asking from from Pittsburgh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
How about:

T.J. Brennan
Luke Adam

for

Nino?

And so it begins.

I realize you guys would want to pounce on a possible extortion scenario to improve your clubs, but we don't have this from a credible source yet. It is all *speculative.*

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
scott99

Quote:
Still angry about that...

It's never easy.. If it ain't Lubo its now Nino this team will forever be a circus.. even moving to Brooklyn ain't gonna change that.
Disagree with your last sentence which I've bolded. I think that in 2015, we will no longer be a laughing stock, we will have signed some free agents, and Wang will go after the BIG Free Agents prior to our 1st season in Brooklyn.

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote