HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/21/13 "Sensing Victory" - Panthers VS Senators

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 11:15 AM
  #401
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme
 
King Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
havent read this thread, but my .02 is we were out worked and were not nearly physical enough on defense. when the team is in your zone all night you have to punish them along the boards. with guds out we dont have that tough presence on defense. well need guds and petro before id say we are a tough team on defense. games like that make me really not care for weaver

King Panther is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:18 AM
  #402
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Weiss looks so uninterested so far. I know it's very early, but I think there's a fair chance he might not even be on our team in the next year.
I disagree. Weiss has been involved, he just hasn't been effective. He was in front of the net last night, battling for loose change, he still plays well defensively. He looks fatigued. He might be not trying his hardest, but I think it's more likely that he's still sick. Lazy doesn't sound like Weiss. I don't know what he has, it has to be non-contagious because he's been with the team the whole time, if it's similar to what I have right now, post nasal drip then I commend him for even being out there. I'm absolutely miserable right now and I couldn't even imagine going and playing in a street hockey game right now let alone in NHL games.

If Weiss is not on our team next season, then we better find a good replacement for him or things will get really ugly. I see a lot of people don't mind him being replaced, but I have yet to see any names of who would be taking his spot.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM
  #403
Haj
Registered User
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 50
A truly putrid performance.

Lots of rust, Theo kept us in the game or could have been easily 3-0 at the end of the first.

I'm not sure how good this team is with Bergenheim, Goc, and Versteeg out.

Weiss looks subpar right now. So does Flash.

Kulikov, Ellerby, and Campbell had horrible turnovers.

2nd line was invisible too.

Moving on to the next game.

Haj is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
  #404
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther
 
CanadianPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post

If Weiss is not on our team next season, then we better find a good replacement for him or things will get really ugly. I see a lot of people don't mind him being replaced, but I have yet to see any names of who would be taking his spot.
How bout a possible trade if Weiss does want to leave for some odd reason we dont know about for Ryan Getzlaf from the ducks. I know he would command 6-7$ million but he's capable of #1 Center duties, big bodied passer who can get 65-85 pts. Even if its not a trade, I feel Tallon should inquire about Getzlaf as he's a UFA this summer. Just a fantasy maybe but he would bring leadership, points and that #1 center role we havent had in ever???

CanadianPanther is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
  #405
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
How bout a possible trade if Weiss does want to leave for some odd reason we dont know about for Ryan Getzlaf from the ducks. I know he would command 6-7$ million but he's capable of #1 Center duties, big bodied passer who can get 65-85 pts. Even if its not a trade, I feel Tallon should inquire about Getzlaf as he's a UFA this summer. Just a fantasy maybe but he would bring leadership, points and that #1 center role we havent had in ever???
Wouldn't be opposed.

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
  #406
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Feel free to make the next GDT anyone..

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
  #407
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,058
vCash: 500
Getzlaf is one of my favorite players, would be thrilled if he became a Panther. Ain't holding my breath, though.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:59 PM
  #408
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,781
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Getzlaf is one of my favorite players, would be thrilled if he became a Panther. Ain't holding my breath, though.
Nobody should get their hopes up or hold their breath on Getzlaf. When the name "Parise" was brought up this past summer between Tallon, Viner, and the hockey people, the idea was quickly squashed as he was going to be took expensive because he'd be over $7M in salary. The same is gonna go for Getzlaf because nothing has changed since summer except we just went thru a long lockout with no revenue coming in.

Coolburn is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
  #409
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther
 
CanadianPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Nobody should get their hopes up or hold their breath on Getzlaf. When the name "Parise" was brought up this past summer between Tallon, Viner, and the hockey people, the idea was quickly squashed as he was going to be took expensive because he'd be over $7M in salary. The same is gonna go for Getzlaf because nothing has changed since summer except we just went thru a long lockout with no revenue coming in.
Getzlaf is a type of player that brings in revenue though, hes got the superstar quality and we have cap room to play with. I just feel we need that one superstar talent on this team that can fill seats and be that true #1 center. Just a pipe dream for now but we got to focus on getting back to the playoffs this year.

CanadianPanther is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 03:52 PM
  #410
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Getzlaf is a type of player that brings in revenue though, hes got the superstar quality and we have cap room to play with. I just feel we need that one superstar talent on this team that can fill seats and be that true #1 center. Just a pipe dream for now but we got to focus on getting back to the playoffs this year.
We would only go after him if Weiss bolts, so likely cost 2 mil more than Weiss.

adam graves is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
  #411
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,030
vCash: 500
Don't think Getzlaf would leave Anaheim for Florida. Could see him going to a more traditional hockey market so he can be at the center of attention in his prime. I'm becoming more and more okay with Weiss leaving, if it happens. I like him but I just don't think we'll be a true contender until he's replaced as our 1C. I'd maybe be ok with him as a 2nd, def 3rd liner but he's undersized and he's not going to be any better than he already has been.


Last edited by PanthersRule96: 01-22-2013 at 05:18 PM.
PanthersRule96 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.