HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 02:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
People don't like Brooklyn.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Appearently Nino wants a trade out of NYI. I don't know if Trotz would like him, but there is some offensive talent...
where did you hear that? That would be awesome... i wanted the Thrashers to draft him over Burmi.

They need some D help so maybe we could offload Ellis and a pick/prospect for him

AintLifeGrand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
where did you hear that? That would be awesome... i wanted the Thrashers to draft him over Burmi.

They need some D help so maybe we could offload Ellis and a pick/prospect for him
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7#post58088687

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...rs-source-says

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 01-22-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
You're crazy. Enstrom is a top pairing D anywhere. I would say he is in the top 30-40 in the world.

Crazy well yeah thats the diagnosis. But that does not change the fact that overpaying for two players that will not put the team over the top is not a good idea.

Take on almost 11 million more in salary and give up the farm. Im really glad you have no say in the personel on the team.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I think Don Waddell has invaded our boards

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I say it's crazy to trade Josi, period. I think Josi has the potential to be better than Suter, in both ends. Josi has crazy potential.

Also, I'm not a huge Ellis fan but the kid will be a great pp qb.

So no, I would not say Enstrom is >> than both. I'd say he's more experienced but that's about it.

Right now, I think Josi is playing outstanding in some pretty big minutes.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:51 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I say it's crazy to trade Josi, period. I think Josi has the potential to be better than Suter, in both ends. Josi has crazy potential.

Also, I'm not a huge Ellis fan but the kid will be a great pp qb.

So no, I would not say Enstrom is >> than both. I'd say he's more experienced but that's about it.

Right now, I think Josi is playing outstanding in some pretty big minutes.
From a big Enstrom fan....this. No reason at all to trade Josi for Toby.

As far as Kane goes, the kid is an awesome talent and I'd love to have him, once Trotz sees how he tries to skate through 3 or 4 defenders with the puck multiple times a game, they wouldn't mesh well.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Soundgarden

Yeah, I don't like trading essentially 4 1sts for Enstrom(who's as old as Weber) and Kane. Just stupid.

Saying that sometimes I do wish we had a more adventurous gm. We've been here 15 years and we still can't get a 35+ goal scorer. It's almost getting pathetic, but I do love the cast he's brought in so he's not doing a bad job just sometimes you need to take a huge gamble and jump up and take the piece we need.

Trading a 1st for Gaustad? We've already got THREE Gaustad's. As much as I hate him look at Burke. He needed a key defense man he grabs Phaneuf(of course it was a steal) he needs a sniper he grabs Kessel(two years too early on that one). Colorado risks a couple high picks for a potential franchise goalie, something they've clearly lacked since Roy.

Eventually we need to get someone who can lead us offensively. If we'd have picked in the 1st round recently I'd say trade a couple picks for a good young forward, Hell even take a beating of your image and OS someone.

That being said it sucks when a lot of our young guys look like they will have success in various roles in the bigs. It'd be hard to let a couple of them go.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Josi needs to stay put. I could see him and Weber playing together longer than Weber and Suter did.

I thought there would be more movement because of the lockout and CBA changes, but that hasn't been the case. We need to make some adjustments, but I do not think we're in a position to overpay right now. I'd rather just ride it out.

#1 on shopping list for me is a 2nd pairing dman with a good first pass. Don't care about his o-zone skills, just needs to be able to breakout cleanly and clear the zone. It'd be great if Blum can fill that role but we'll never know until he plays. Hate players just sitting in limbo.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Josi needs to stay put. I could see him and Weber playing together longer than Weber and Suter did.

I thought there would be more movement because of the lockout and CBA changes, but that hasn't been the case. We need to make some adjustments, but I do not think we're in a position to overpay right now. I'd rather just ride it out.

#1 on shopping list for me is a 2nd pairing dman with a good first pass. Don't care about his o-zone skills, just needs to be able to breakout cleanly and clear the zone. It'd be great if Blum can fill that role but we'll never know until he plays. Hate players just sitting in limbo.
Agree, sit Hannen a few games and play Blum to see how he does. I'm considering this season a throw-away. Let's see how our young guys gel and build on it in the off-season.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Crazy well yeah thats the diagnosis. But that does not change the fact that overpaying for two players that will not put the team over the top is not a good idea.

Take on almost 11 million more in salary and give up the farm. Im really glad you have no say in the personel on the team.
I am not saying you are crazy to turn down that offer. I like the deal, but I can absolutely see people dont. It is a huge price to pay. My point is, like the deal or not, Enstrom is a top pairing D.

I checked with the Peggers and they turned it down as well, unanimously. Guess neither team does it.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:29 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I think it's way to early to think we need a trade. Our team doesn't look horrible and we got 4 point in 3 games. Also, Josi is about as untouchable as untouchable gets, imho.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:15 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Short of a signed for several years at a favorable rate 30+ goal scorer, why would you even think of trading Josi? Even if he's not a "legit 1st pair" guy now, he's certainly shown enough to think he can be. He doesn't have the personal conflicts RS had, so we shouldn't lose him if he likes playing here. If he and Shea develop chemistry, we got a good tandem for 8 years.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Short of a signed for several years at a favorable rate 30+ goal scorer, why would you even think of trading Josi? Even if he's not a "legit 1st pair" guy now, he's certainly shown enough to think he can be. He doesn't have the personal conflicts RS had, so we shouldn't lose him if he likes playing here. If he and Shea develop chemistry, we got a good tandem for 8 years.
Outside of Weber and Rinne, Josi is the last guy I want to move. That said, Kane and Enstrom are worth it.

Unless we are getting some serious value back, we can't move him, but we have to be open to any move that improves our team.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
AintLifeGrand

I wonder what it would take to get Raptor Jezus back?

Old
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I wonder what it would take to get Raptor Jezus back?
An open roster spot, a change in coaching style, Trotz and Poile out the door.

Nothing big.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
AintLifeGrand

He plays a pretty solid 2 way game...Or at least he did in Atlanta; He has sick play making skills... I think he is a better player than Mike Fisher ...just sayin

Old
01-23-2013, 11:28 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
He plays a pretty solid 2 way game...Or at least he did in Atlanta; He has sick play making skills... I think he is a better player than Mike Fisher ...just sayin
He only seems to flourish in more offensive systems.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
PredDave

Who or what is a Raptor Jezus? I can't say I have ever heard of that person, place, or thing...

NEVERMIND: I "google" searched and found that is a nickname for Rich Peverley. Right?

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:57 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by preddave View Post
who or what is a raptor jezus? I can't say i have ever heard of that person, place, or thing...

Nevermind: I "google" searched and found that is a nickname for rich peverley. Right?
Bingo. Interesting...I believe ALG came up with that originally and you found it on Google?

Old
01-23-2013, 12:42 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Bingo. Interesting...I believe ALG came up with that originally and you found it on Google?
Yep! open up Google, type in "raptor jezus hockey", smash ENTER, and Peverley's name is all over the place...

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Filip Forceberg
Heavily Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
As much as I hate him look at Burke. He needed a key defense man he grabs Phaneuf(of course it was a steal) he needs a sniper he grabs Kessel(two years too early on that one). Colorado risks a couple high picks for a potential franchise goalie, something they've clearly lacked since Roy.
Are you seriously trying to compare Brian Burke to David Poile? When was the last time the Leafs made the playoffs? And guess who is unemployed right now...

I know we all want a flashy forward who can score 40 goals, but they don't grow on trees and the price is astronomical without drafting one. I'd much rather stick with Poile's methods and have a shot at a cup every year than have a 40 goal scorer and be at the bottom year after year.

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Are you seriously trying to compare Brian Burke to David Poile? When was the last time the Leafs made the playoffs? And guess who is unemployed right now...

I know we all want a flashy forward who can score 40 goals, but they don't grow on trees and the price is astronomical without drafting one. I'd much rather stick with Poile's methods and have a shot at a cup every year than have a 40 goal scorer and be at the bottom year after year.
Amen. Don't understand the heat that Poile gets.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:07 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I would think Nino Neideriter would get something comparable piece wise, yet not as good of pieces as what Turris did since he was somewhat established.

I would offer Roussel and a 3rd and see if that would be enough for NYI. Kid could be solid or kid could be bergfors 2.0

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:08 PM
predfan24

Quote:
No way in hell. He might be slightly better offensively but Fish is far better overall player.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote