HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators @ Wild - 1-22-13 - Straight to Hell

Old
01-22-2013, 11:06 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
Will Rinne be between the pipes tonight?
I would say yes because its early in the season and Rinne typically doesnt need a lot of rest, plus with a gooseegg in the W column I suspect Trotz doesnt want to start Mason

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Shea Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I'm afraid the Preds pay the price tonight for a compressed schedule, Trotz's insistence on having McCrappan, Yikes, and Clown on the roster, and Poile's inability to add actual NHL caliber depth.
Gaustad and Bourque injured.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

What happened to Goose? I totally missed his injury in game 1.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:12 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
What happened to Goose? I totally missed his injury in game 1.
This...and what's the latest on Bourque? Has he played in Milwaukee yet?

Edit...Nevermind on Bourque. Note to self...checking the minors page is a help.

Last edited by AtlantaWhaler: 01-22-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: I'm lazy
AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:16 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

This is a winnable game. (as most are)

We get to hit the road, which seems a good thing as teams have been too amped up at home to start the year and road teams have been abl to settle in and play a simpe game and come away with precious points.

Plus, that whole roster should be amped up for Suter. I hope it works against them.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Apparently Preds radio reported that Mason is starting according to second hand reports from Twitter. I guess it makes sense as I'd rather have Pekka playing for @STL, but was hoping he would start this one as well then sit against @ANA or @PHX. Josh Cooper said Trotz hadn't confirmed the starter as of 25 minutes ago though, so we'll see.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:22 PM
MrHenley

Pe Josh Cooper, Gaustad is skating. Would really like to have him in there tonight.

MrHenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:27 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
All I want for my birthday is for Shea Weber to destroy Suter and give us the W against the Wild.
Yeeeeeetttiiiiiiiiii

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Byrddog

Imagine the NHL world if Weber and Suter just dropped the gloves at the first puck drop. What a publicity stunt......

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Imagine the NHL world if Weber and Suter just dropped the gloves at the first puck drop. What a publicity stunt......
Gaustad has some experience in that department.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:51 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I was thinking more Weber fires a slapper and decapitates Suter.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:58 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Gaustad has some experience in that department.
and he would break a nail and miss half the season

Old
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I make a habit of going into other team's GDT's to wish them luck before a game. Not happening today. I can't even pretend to be ok with their team anymore.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
AintLifeGrand

I have personal vendetta's against Suter and Heatley so I hope we embarrass them soundly

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
ninetynine*

Bourque's back In for Clune I presume.

Gaustad is still out tonight apparently.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Bourque's back In for Clune I presume.

Gaustad is still out tonight apparently.
Erat-Fisher-SK
Wilson-Legwand-Hornqvist
Bourque-Smith-Halischuk
Yip-Spaling-Clune

What I'd like to see. No reason to play Yip at C when we have Smith and Wilson at wing.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
se7en
infamous...

I'm so sorry but I have to ask someone to explain this to me...

How can you guys hate Suter but not be at least a little upset with Weber? I understand that it completely sucks that Suter left as a UFA but doesn't it make it worse that Weber was willing to bail as a RFA and literally signed with another team forcing the Predators to have to come up with the money to keep him? Personally I would think what Weber did is worse. He openly bailed and forced the Preds to match a huge contract without negotiating with the Preds first.. I could very well be wrong or missing something but I just don't understand how there's no resentment towards Weber..?

I know you guys don't care at all but for what's it's worth I still hate Gaborik for what he did to the Wild and I have a really tough time liking the Rangers because of him alone.. So for what it's worth I do completely understand. I'm not trying to troll at all, I was just curious as to if people think of Weber any differently now?

I got nothing against the Preds, I know you guys hate us now but either way, I wish you guys all the best. I'd rather you guys make it over about 12 other teams in the West and I'd be happier to see you win a cup then about 25 other teams in the league...

Hoping for a great game, Cheers!

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post

How can you guys hate Suter but not be at least a little upset with Weber? I understand that it completely sucks that Suter left as a UFA but doesn't it make it worse that Weber was willing to bail as a RFA and literally signed with another team forcing the Predators to have to come up with the money to keep him? Personally I would think what Weber did is worse. He openly bailed and forced the Preds to match a huge contract without negotiating with the Preds first.. I could very well be wrong or missing something but I just don't understand how there's no resentment towards Weber..?
Believe me, there are some of us that are furious at Weber. I know I am. I honestly think Weber wants to be gone as badly as Suter does.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Believe me, there are some of us that are furious at Weber. I know I am. I honestly think Weber wants to be gone as badly as Suter does.
I'm still in denial.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Meh... wanting out is one thing. Weber has shown signs that he isn't entirely happy here well before this. I think most of it stems from how all of us were prepared for a battle to keep, and maybe even losing, Weber, but with Suter, and I can only speak for myself here, it seemed like it was going to be as easy as Rinne was. And then the comments to the media during the ASG. And then coming out and telling local media that they just misinterpreted him. The way Suter carried it is what pisses me off.

Weber may want out, but he's stuck here now. He looks like he's going to continue to play well. I'm OK with him.

01-22-2013, 02:51 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I have been busy with other things during the lockout, but isn't there also reason to believe that Poile thought he would legitimately get a chance to match any offer before Suter signed it? Obviously Suter doesn't owe that to him, but if there was a gentlemen's agreement that was then broken it doesn't look good with regards to character.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:55 PM
skydog71

I think Weber just wanted to get a long contract before the CBA expired. He knew there was a chance that Nashville would match the offer, so he had to be ok with playing with either the Flyers or Preds. I have no hard feelings towards Weber --- he made a lot of extra money by signing that deal.

Suter, on the other hand, wouldn't even let the Preds match. He had made up his mind already.

skydog71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Weber wanted the contract with the bonus money upfront before the CBA expired. With the new CBA, guys like Benn and Subban woill not get the same deal as they would have, and he was quick to act. I don't blame Weber at all.

Pred fans will hate Suter for the smugness and that he led Poile on that he was going to sign back here.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

You don't sign an offer sheet unless you're willing to play for the team you're currently on because 90%+ of offer sheets are matched. Weber just wanted to get paid and was willing to play in Nashville or Philly; Brett K Wilson said from day 1 that we had the funds to match. He got paid and he's playing in Nashville for the rest of his career in all likelihood. He made a smart business decision before the new CBA; I don't see any reason to get worked up over it.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post

I know you guys don't care at all but for what's it's worth I still hate Gaborik for what he did to the Wild and I have a really tough time liking the Rangers because of him alone.. So for what it's worth I do completely understand. I'm not trying to troll at all, I was just curious as to if people think of Weber any differently now?

I got nothing against the Preds, I know you guys hate us now but either way, I wish you guys all the best. I'd rather you guys make it over about 12 other teams in the West and I'd be happier to see you win a cup then about 25 other teams in the league...

Hoping for a great game, Cheers!
Weber and his agent took advantage of a situation that every single player in the league would have, and it ended with Weber essentially having a lifelong deal.

Suter seemingly knew all along he wasn't coming back, but continued to tell Poile, right up until his name was on the dotted line with MN, that he most likely would be. Poile was genuinely shocked\angry, in a way I've never seen from him. If he had just been honest, it would have been a different story.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote