HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators @ Wild - 1-22-13 - Straight to Hell

Old
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
AdmiralsFan24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
So, even with Center Ice I can't watch this game.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Bazeek
Registered Lurker

vCash: 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post

Not unless you have FS-WI and they actually deign to show it.

Bazeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazeek View Post
Not unless you have FS-WI and they actually deign to show it.
I have FS-WI and the Bucks are on tonight. At least they're showing a replay of the game tomorrow morning even though it's only an hour and a half so I guess I'll just record that.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
se7en
infamous...

Thanks for the responses guys, totally makes sense. I appreciate the hospitality!

Here's to a great game!

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Video of Suter talking about the game tonight. He looks visibly in pain talking about it.

He said today was the first time he's talked to Poile (I assume since the summer), and when a reporter asked what they talked about...."that was...uh...*mumbles something that sounds like 'private'". I hope Poile chewed him out so hard.

http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocente...ed-share-video

Also: "Going back to Nashville will be...a challenge. Very good, passionate fans." He knows exactly what is coming for him.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:05 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post

If you use a VPN to reroute your computers IP address you wont be blacked out from center ice.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Atlanta is blacked out on Center Ice as well. Lame.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

vCash: 50
144 minutes to go

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:41 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Video of Suter talking about the game tonight. He looks visibly in pain talking about it.

He said today was the first time he's talked to Poile (I assume since the summer), and when a reporter asked what they talked about...."that was...uh...*mumbles something that sounds like 'private'". I hope Poile chewed him out so hard.

Also: "Going back to Nashville will be...a challenge. Very good, passionate fans." He knows exactly what is coming for him.
Ryan Suter is a ****ing Wild.. I wish I knew what him and Poile talked about.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Atlanta is blacked out on Center Ice as well. Lame.
WTF- If this is the case for Gamecenter live, heads are going to roll

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Ryan Suter is a ****ing Wild.. I wish I knew what him and Poile talked about.
Poile: "I'm under the gun here Sutes. How do you feel about letting McGratton taking a couple swings at ya?"

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I'm so sorry but I have to ask someone to explain this to me...

How can you guys hate Suter but not be at least a little upset with Weber? I understand that it completely sucks that Suter left as a UFA but doesn't it make it worse that Weber was willing to bail as a RFA and literally signed with another team forcing the Predators to have to come up with the money to keep him? Personally I would think what Weber did is worse. He openly bailed and forced the Preds to match a huge contract without negotiating with the Preds first.. I could very well be wrong or missing something but I just don't understand how there's no resentment towards Weber..?

I know you guys don't care at all but for what's it's worth I still hate Gaborik for what he did to the Wild and I have a really tough time liking the Rangers because of him alone.. So for what it's worth I do completely understand. I'm not trying to troll at all, I was just curious as to if people think of Weber any differently now?

I got nothing against the Preds, I know you guys hate us now but either way, I wish you guys all the best. I'd rather you guys make it over about 12 other teams in the West and I'd be happier to see you win a cup then about 25 other teams in the league...

Hoping for a great game, Cheers!
Weber did sign with Philly but he at least gave the team a chance to match and keep him or at least get something for him. $uter came out before the ASG last year and said he wasn't going to sign before the trade dead line and then claimed it was mis-interpeted and begged to not be traded. $uter lied and did not want to be traded and we got nothing for him.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:52 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:

Pathetic.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Weber did sign with Philly but he at least gave the team a chance to match and keep him or at least get something for him. $uter came out before the ASG last year and said he wasn't going to sign before the trade dead line and then claimed it was mis-interpeted and begged to not be traded. $uter lied and did not want to be traded and we got nothing for him.
Weber was an RFA. His only option was an offer-sheet if he wanted to leave. Believe what you will about his real intentions, but it's not like he was just being charitable about letting us match. He had no choice in the matter.

IMO Weber would be a Flyer if he could.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Weber was an RFA. His only option was an offer-sheet if he wanted to leave. Believe what you will about his real intentions, but it's not like he was just being charitable about letting us match. He had no choice in the matter.

I honestly think he wanted out, but he could have signed for one year and then hit UFA. He at least would have given us 4 1st picks we got nothing for $uter.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

This is for $uter and Liarpold

Old
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Wild fans, friendly warning any trolling here will result in a minimum 5 year forum ban.

If you think it's close to the line, don't post it.

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
I honestly think he wanted out, but he could have signed for one year and then hit UFA. He at least would have given us 4 1st picks we got nothing for $uter.
Waiting a year would have put him under the new CBA with the controls on monetary variance between seasons and length restriction.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

If he wanted to that bad, he would be.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Suter seemingly knew all along he wasn't coming back, but continued to tell Poile, right up until his name was on the dotted line with MN, that he most likely would be. Poile was genuinely shocked\angry, in a way I've never seen from him. If he had just been honest, it would have been a different story.
I don't believe that he KNEW he wouldn't be back. I've never seen any evidence that he didn't enjoy playing for the Predators, and my bet is that he was leaning 90% on re-signing, until he got that phone call from Parise after 7/1.

But I totally get the hatred you Predator fans have for him, it's completely understandable and only makes games like tonight all the more interesting to watch.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
If he wanted to that bad, he would be.
How, exactly? He tried...

Old
01-22-2013, 06:12 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I don't believe that he KNEW he wouldn't be back. I've never seen any evidence that he didn't enjoy playing for the Predators, and my bet is that he was leaning 90% on re-signing, until he got that phone call from Parise after 7/1.

But I totally get the hatred you Predator fans have for him, it's completely understandable and only makes games like tonight all the more interesting to watch.
Yeah, right, they only talked after 7/1.......... sorry that contradicts everything they both said last summer that they talked about after signing.

Go away with your opinion about Suter. We are here. he ****ing lied all year long.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
predfan98

Quote:

I agree...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Sportserie

I listened to the Suter interview and to me, he really seemed troubled over today and tonight, having to face Polie and the reality that he is not on the Preds anymore. He seemed nervous to me. He didn't seem uncaring. Was he faking it? I don't know but he came across as nervous, especially when he said his conversation with private was Polie. I liked that he said. It did show emotions on his end.

I am not remotely going to stick up for Suter though when it comes to how he handled things in July. You guys know best, if he lied, he lied and that sucks. I am very sorry for that.

Anyway, good luck tonight, you guys. You are my second favorite team in the west so I pull for you all the time.

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
I listened to the Suter interview and to me, he really seemed troubled over today and tonight, having to face Polie and the reality that he is not on the Preds anymore. He seemed nervous to me. He didn't seem uncaring. Was he faking it? I don't know but he came across as nervous, especially when he said his conversation with private was Polie. I liked that he said. It did show emotions on his end.

I am not remotely going to stick up for Suter though when it comes to how he handled things in July. You guys know best, if he lied, he lied and that sucks. I am very sorry for that.

Anyway, good luck tonight, you guys. You are my second favorite team in the west so I pull for you all the time.
I absolutely think he is legitimately sad at the thoughts of playing Nashville. I don't think he was desperate to get out by any means, but I think if you let him choose again, he's still leaving. It's nice that he's emotional, but it doens't count for much.