HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

1st/2nd line winger to Caps

Old
01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

vCash: 500
Paajarvi + Yakupov for Alzner + Carlson

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Halpysback

Don't ask for Alzner.

Carlson+ for Yakupov+ is something I'd be interested in but my fellow fans would probably hate it.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Domino11

How about Eric cole ?? He would be great with ovi and backstrom !! The price would be high but I think it worth it since he has 2 years left at a ok cap hit ! How about forsberg + 1round only if it a late one like 20 to 30

Domino11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
How about Eric cole ?? He would be great with ovi and backstrom !! The price would be high but I think it worth it since he has 2 years left at a ok cap hit ! How about forsberg + 1round only if it a late one like 20 to 30
lolno

We're a cheap bunch. If Forsberg, Kuznetsov, Orlov or Johansson are leaving we're expecting Ryan or Pacioretty type returns.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Iginla for Forsberg + 1st rounder.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
lolno

We're a cheap bunch. If Forsberg, Kuznetsov, Orlov or Johansson are leaving we're expecting Ryan or Pacioretty type returns.
Be realistic none of the player u mention out of johansson as plays in the league .. U can't get a guy like Ryan or pacio for an unproven player .. Your lucky if those player become like pacio and Ryan !!

Domino11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
lolno

Nothing from Minnesota of interest for Alzner unless it's just a completely retarded overpayment that I won't even put an example of so Minnesota fans don't bomb the thread (a la you want Granlund, Brodin and Coyle for WHAT?)

Alzner basically plays nearly Suter level defense and costs 1/6 as much. Will probably cost 1/2 as much when he's resigned. I'd gladly take the offensive tradeoff given that it keeps his contract low and doesn't put him in positions to get burned defensively as much. Value is just too good.

Now, Setoguchi for Schultz (crap I know) + futures, now we're talking.
Schultz is worth a 3rd.

What about Orlov? Setoguchi+Coyle for Orlov+3rd?

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
rockinghockey

They want a top 6 winger but don't want to give up anything to get it typical post.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post

Kuznetsov is guaranteed to be on a line with Backstrom and Ovy once he comes to NA, from what I know. Easily one of the top prospects in the world.

Neuvirth + Kuznetsov + draft pick should fetch them a VERY good return. And I'm talking VERYYYYY good. I'm not even a Caps fan either.

I think that fetches you a top line winger. Kessel maybe. (In before I get flamed.)

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Stalberg might be available for 1st or a starting goalie. interested?
Stalberg is on an expiring contract. Nobody is giving you either of those for a rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Paajarvi + Yakupov for Alzner + Carlson

Keep dreaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Schultz is worth a 3rd.

What about Orlov? Setoguchi+Coyle for Orlov+3rd?
Swap Coyle for a different prospect and we might have a deal. We have plenty of winger prospects (Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Wilson, Galiev, Barber, etc.). Would be more interested in a two-way center or high upside defensive prospect. Taking Orlov out of the system leaves a hole, as none of our other defensive prospects have anywhere near the same upside.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
ALee10

As bad as it is right now, a trade for a player with an extended contract would be trouble down the road. Especially if that player is a 1/2 RW and his cap hit is significant. Such a trade would hopefully be for a player with an expiring contract or 1 year beyond that, because I want to see what Kuznetsov, Forsberg and even Wilson can do when given the chance to play in a top 6 role. I think with the salary cap dropping next year (and probably in the years following) having the kind of cap flexibility that two top 6 forwards on ELCs give us, is worth its weight in gold.

Patience and eating a weird, shortened lock-out year for (hopefully) prolonged future success may be what's best.

ALee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
If the Oilers are out of a playoff spot at the deadline. I can see the Caps being interested in Hemsky. I think he would be unreal with Ovechkin
he will be hurt by then

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

The topic is about getting the top-6 W to the Caps. Trading Johansson for one won't help.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote