HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #15 - Power failure at Super Bowl (Literally)

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Recoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Scott Van Pelt is a ******. He was sticking up for Trent Dilfer being mocked/criticized for not being a great QB. He then went on to say that Trent has a ring as a starting QB for a Super Bowl winner, and therefore his opinion is greater than any of his listeners, and that Trent is smarter than everyone else in regards to football.

Give me a ****ing break. No wonder I never listen to you.
I can't handle SVP. There's something about him, the way he talks, carries himself on the air, etc that just annoys me. I always tune that hour out between Waddle/Silvy and CJH when I'm listening to the radio. The 1pm SVP hour on AM 1000 is a lost timeslot for me. He's also a pretty weird looking dude. There's just something awkward about him. He wears those big suits of his like he's a coathanger or something...

And for the record, there are a LOT of people more qualified to talk about QBs than Dilfer. Yes he was a QB, yes his team won a SB, but it was in spite of him. He was very average.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:51 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
I can't handle SVP. There's something about him, the way he talks, carries himself on the air, etc that just annoys me. I always tune that hour out between Waddle/Silvy and CJH when I'm listening to the radio. The 1pm SVP hour on AM 1000 is a lost timeslot for me. He's also a pretty weird looking dude. There's just something awkward about him. He wears those big suits of his like he's a coathanger or something...

And for the record, there are a LOT of people more qualified to talk about QBs than Dilfer. Yes he was a QB, yes his team won a SB, but it was in spite of him. He was very average.
Was the first time I have listened to him in probably 3 years, and reminded me why I go out of my way to not listen to them.

Calling him average is even being generous.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:59 PM
madgoat33

dilfer was a horrible joke of a qb(ravens didn't even bring him back year after they won the sb) and much of what he says is so wrong it makes my head spin. i really started hating him when he used the derek Anderson benching(when the dude was playing worse than jamarcus russell) as a launching point to grind an axe he had with the browns. he personifies what it means to be a hack.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Tim Brown continues to sound more like an idiot everytime he opens his mouth. First the Trestman bash, which was clearly sour grapes that he was the #2 WR to Jerry Rice that year, now this. Don't see how anyone can give any thought to what this guy says now.
Jerry Rice has come out and backed Brown's story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sabotaged-us/

Rice, who was on the Raiders team that lost Super Bowl XXXVII to the Buccaneers, said on ESPN that Callahan disliked his players, disliked his team, and was willing to let his old boss, then-Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, beat him.

For some reason and I dont know why Bill Callahan did not like me, Rice said. In a way, maybe because he didnt like the Raiders, he decided, Maybe we should sabotage this a little bit and let Jon Gruden go out and win this one.

For Rice, a universally respected player who was named in a poll of experts conducted by NFL Network as the greatest player in NFL history, to say that he believes one of his former coaches actively wanted to lose a Super Bowl is shocking. ESPNs Trey Wingo stopped Rice and asked him if he realized the magnitude of the accusation that Callahan once threw the Super Bowl. Rice said he understands the weight of his words.

Yeah, I know exactly what Im saying, Rice said.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Sounds like a bunch of bull **** if you ask me.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
madgoat33

sour grapes is what it sounds like

Old
01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Paul Allen

Why is he bringing it up now?

Old
01-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Allen View Post
Why is he bringing it up now?
This. Why are either of them bringing it up now? I hadn't heard a peep from Tim Brown till he weighed in on the Trestman hire, then a couple days later he bleets out this sabotaged Super Bowl Wharrgarbl. Now, Rice BACKS him? This is crazy.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:33 PM
RayP

Jamarcus Russell attempting a comeback. Looks like someone is out of money already.

Players drafted after fat ass:

Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Adrian Peterson
Patrick Willis
Marshawn Lynch
Darrelle Revis
Joe Staley
Dwayne Bowe

And that's just the first round.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:09 PM
RayP

Well when I posted that I figured Jamarcus would have already whipped his ass into shape, but apparently he hasn't even done that, and currently weights 305 pounds.

Position switch to offensive line perhaps?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
digdug41982

How the hell do you blow 40 million over a few years...or even a lifetime? And yet this seems to happen quite a bit. Seriously, what the hell are these guys doing with their money? They have to be giving it away, it's the only way I can see it being possible.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:20 PM
RayP

He claims he isn't broke, but owes like 200K in taxes and has a lien on his house... and that all happened after he was cut and jobless. You want to hear something disgusting? All sites say he earned $40M... which means over the course of his career, he received $112,994 PER COMPLETION in his NFL career.

Note to self, just train future son to launch a ball 70+ yards down the field and someone will draft you.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Two WR's from Trestmans past have come out and blasted him.

One being the greatest WR of all time.

If Trestman was so great, it wouldnt have taken now to get the poor guy a HC gig.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
How the hell do you blow 40 million over a few years...or even a lifetime? And yet this seems to happen quite a bit. Seriously, what the hell are these guys doing with their money? They have to be giving it away, it's the only way I can see it being possible.
Cars, houses, bad investments. Plus a big chunk goes to the government and agent.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Two WR's from Trestmans past have come out and blasted him.

One being the greatest WR of all time.

If Trestman was so great, it wouldnt have taken now to get the poor guy a HC gig.
Rice is supporting Tim Brown accusing Callahan of sabotaging the Super Bowl. What does that have to do with Trestman?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Rice is supporting Tim Brown accusing Callahan of sabotaging the Super Bowl. What does that have to do with Trestman?
Everything in his mind.

It is a completely separate issue of course and the takeaway I get from it all is that Tim Brown is a nutjob. Why would any coach throw a Super Bowl?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Rice knocked Trestman a while back in a article.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
He also heaped praise on him recently.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Well show a link, because what I'm finding shows the exact opposite.

From chicagobears.com:

"This is an exceptional hire for the Chicago Bears," Rice added on ESPN. "Hes an offensive-minded coach. Hes a great play-caller. Hes a guru when it comes to quarterbacking."

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/art...f-55c1c933cee5

If Steve Young and Jerry Rice are gushing with excitement over how he will do as Bears head coach - then I'm sold.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He also heaped praise on him recently.
Steve Young said...

Quote:
"He was an offensive innovator at that time, a great game-day play-caller," Young said Wednesday on ESPN. "But hes grown into the ability to actually be an orchestrator of a whole organization. This guy is ready. More than anybody, hes mature and experienced. Its time for Marc Trestman to be a head coach in the NFL, and Im very excited for him."
Jerry Rice said...
Quote:
"This is an exceptional hire for the Chicago Bears," Rice added on ESPN. "Hes an offensive-minded coach. Hes a great play-caller. Hes a guru when it comes to quarterbacking."

Old
01-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Sarava

We both found the same article

Old
01-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
We both found the same article
Haha, that we did.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Well show a link, because what I'm finding shows the exact opposite.

From chicagobears.com:

"This is an exceptional hire for the Chicago Bears," Rice added on ESPN. "He’s an offensive-minded coach. He’s a great play-caller. He’s a guru when it comes to quarterbacking."

If Steve Young and Jerry Rice are gushing with excitement over how he will do as Bears head coach - then I'm sold.
http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st.../1c1rice_.html

I think Rice has no problem with Trestman so long as he or his team isnt involved with him.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st.../1c1rice_.html

I think Rice has no problem with Trestman so long as he or his team isnt involved with him.
So 34 year old Rice was mad that 23 year old Terrell Owens had become the deep threat that he used to be and thats proof Trestman is a bad coach. Got it.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
So 34 year old Rice was mad that 23 year old Terrell Owens had become the deep threat that he used to be and thats proof Trestman is a bad coach. Got it.

Jerry Rice was never a deep threat.

But the fact remains he has blasted Trestman.

Closed Thread