Notices

TD Garden Parking: $34

Old
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Sevren

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
If I'm spending any time in Boston I get a hotel close to where I want to go and walk.
That's what I do :-) I usually stay at the Royal Sonesta in Cambridge. Very nice view from the hotel and it's a 10-15 min walk to the Garden

Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
1) Take the T
2) Get to the Garden early, it's around 10 bucks i think
3) park in one of the many garages not far, theres one across the street, and another large one about halfway between quincy market and the garden.

Absurd though, i whole heartedly agree
Heck, you could park at a meter, not pay.. and get a $20 ticket.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Heck, you could park at a meter, not pay.. and get a $20 ticket.
I miss the old Garden "nutcheck" parking...

...dare to walk over the bridge and down the tracks into north station = free, guess right and get away with parking in the deputy registrar's spot = double skill bonus free lol

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:52 PM
beaverjc

The parking cost at the TD Garden is nothing but a ridiculous price gouge. As a STH who bring their young kids to the game its nearly impossible to get out of work at 5, scoop up the kids, and then go to train station with two kids and get to the game on time. Try taking the T with young kids during rush hour. Aint happening. So I basically have to drive in and park and parking underneath was very convenient. Charging $20 was expensive but worth it...then $25....now $34 since Jacobs took over. So based on the avg ticket price of $58.94 of a Bruins ticket you are paying 58% of ticket cost ($34 to park). Obscene. The Patriots charge $40 and based on their $117.84 avg ticket price you pay 34% of ticket price to park. Based on 43 home game season a person would spend $1,462 to park at the Bruins games!!!!!! Way to fleece your most loyal customers Mr. Jacobs. I will be parking elsewhere now.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

how much does it cost to park at Gillette for a pats game?

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Oh thats right $40. Don't hear anyone calling Kraft names.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:59 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
Oh thats right $40. Don't hear anyone calling Kraft names.
Please see my above post. $40 x 10 games = $400 a season on parking at Pats games. Not to mention you are in parking lot for hours pregame and post game. Roughly 2 hours prior + game of 3 hours + 2 hours post game and you are in space for 7 hours for $40. Nevermind people usually drive together to tailgate.

Bruins would run you $1,462 to park for a season x avg ticket cost and for one Bruins seat you are at $3996 for one ticket plus parking. Patriots cost for one seat + parking is $1578.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Please see my above post. $40 x 10 games = $400 a season on parking at Pats games. Not to mention you are in parking lot for hours pregame and post game. Roughly 2 hours prior + game of 3 hours + 2 hours post game and you are in space for 7 hours for $40. Nevermind people usually drive together to tailgate.

Bruins would run you $1,462 to park for a season x avg ticket cost and for one Bruins seat you are at $3996 for one ticket plus parking. Patriots cost for one seat + parking is $1578.
I don't think that logic an apply to all fans. I am not a season ticket holder so if I go to one pats game it cost me more then if I go to one Bruins game for parking.

I don't tailgate so do I get a reduced rate for only parking during the game? Nope still cost me $40

Old
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:

you are also leaving out the fact that it cost $40 for a CAR to park. If you want to tailgate all day and have an RV $125 if its a bus its $200.

that money hungry jerk Kraft isn't he rich enough.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Seidenbergy

Quote:

Attempt to buy an acre of land in North Station area. Then attempt to buy an acre of land in Foxboro.

Come back and tell us the difference in price.

Seidenbergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Complete ******* move.

JJ could have raise it to 30 and with them collecting money when you enter now people wouldn't have said a thing. But 34 is stupid and ridiculous. I park underneath maybe 1/4 of the time.

I can't stand the walk from Charlestown when its cold/snowing or if I am running late. Its fine for the playoffs and if I'm going in early of course. And I don't mind missing some of the game for the Celtics but not the Bruins since you could miss the only goal.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

so whats it cost to park in Boston on a regular Monday - Friday?

Whats it cost to park in Foxboro on a regular monday - friday?

Which owner is inflating their parking cost above normal more I wonder.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:10 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Parking near Rogers Arena in Van is $40.00. Whenever I go to a game I park for free and take the Skytrain 2 stations. Takes an extra 10 minutes but for $40.00 I'll do it everytime. Parking near the rink is all about convenience. Don't want to pay? Make a plan and avoid paying.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Kate08

Quote:

It baffles me the things people find to complain about.

Boston is more expensive than Foxboro. In pretty much every aspect, if not literally every aspect. Why would one be surprised that it's more expensive to park there? That, and parking at the venue is a luxury in Boston....there are plenty of other options. In Foxboro, it's drive or take the Patriots train and be stuck on a schedule.

How many spaces does Kraft "own" in comparison to how much Jacobs "owns"? Who is really turning more profit there?

If you have a disability or are with an elderly person that needs to be close to the arena, I understand that. Your options are limited, and that sucks. Every other excuse is just that....an excuse.

Is it a ******** of money to park your car for a few hours? Sure is. It also costs $35/day to park in the garage across from my office during the week. Where's the outrage there?

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Parking near Rogers Arena in Van is $40.00. Whenever I go to a game I park for free and take the Skytrain 2 stations. Takes an extra 10 minutes but for $40.00 I'll do it everytime. Parking near the rink is all about convenience. Don't want to pay? Make a plan and avoid paying.
and at least for the Bruins game you have that choice. You used to have that choice for Pats games but guess what. No one is allowed to make money on parking except for Kraft so you have no options for the most part.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
It baffles me the things people find to complain about.

Boston is more expensive than Foxboro. In pretty much every aspect, if not literally every aspect. Why would one be surprised that it's more expensive to park there? That, and parking at the venue is a luxury in Boston....there are plenty of other options. In Foxboro, it's drive or take the Patriots train and be stuck on a schedule.

How many spaces does Kraft "own" in comparison to how much Jacobs "owns"? Who is really turning more profit there?

If you have a disability or are with an elderly person that needs to be close to the arena, I understand that. Your options are limited, and that sucks. Every other excuse is just that....an excuse.
good call Kate didn't even think of the # of spaces part. Foxboro holds what 5 or 6 times the number of people as the Garden.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:15 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
so whats it cost to park in Boston on a regular Monday - Friday?

Whats it cost to park in Foxboro on a regular monday - friday?

Which owner is inflating their parking cost above normal more I wonder.
The Pats lots suck anyways. I gladly pay the 50 to park at the one lot Kraft doesn't own next to the liquor station any game I go to.

And I HATE it if my group can't get its crap together and we are too late to get into that lot and have to do a Kraft lot.

Regardless...shame on the MBTA giving up the lease to JJ. The monthly rates to park whenever you want through the MBTA were actually pretty fair and enticing and if I had a little more money and went to a few more games between the B's and C's than I do I would have rented a spot there permanently and rolled in to P1/P2 like a baller every game.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
The Pats lots suck anyways. I gladly pay the 50 to park at the one lot Kraft doesn't own next to the liquor station any game I go to.

And I HATE it if my group can't get its crap together and we are too late to get into that lot and have to do a Kraft lot.

Regardless...shame on the MBTA giving up the lease to JJ. The monthly rates to park whenever you want through the MBTA were actually pretty fair and enticing and if I had a little more money and went to a few more games between the B's and C's than I do I would have rented a spot there permanently and rolled in to P1/P2 like a baller every game.
the MBTA can't do anything right.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

wow quick google seach tells me there is 1,150 spaces in the Garden parking garage. Foxboro stadium has 16,500

so Gillette
10 games x 16,500 spaces x $40 per game (if they are all cars not $125 or $200 for bus or RV's) = 6,600,000

TD Garden
41 games x 1,150 spaces x $34 per game = 1,603,100

so if every person drove a car to the football games (which we know does not happen) kraft would make 4,996,900 more then JJ almost five times as much and his prices are higher.

add in RV's and Bus amounts and wow

Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Take the T...park at the science museum...so on and so forth

smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Complete ******* move.

JJ could have raise it to 30 and with them collecting money when you enter now people wouldn't have said a thing. But 34 is stupid and ridiculous. I park underneath maybe 1/4 of the time.

I can't stand the walk from Charlestown when its cold/snowing or if I am running late. Its fine for the playoffs and if I'm going in early of course. And I don't mind missing some of the game for the Celtics but not the Bruins since you could miss the only goal.
You can't walk 10 minutes if it's cold or snowing?

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:48 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Protip: parking is free on Medford St. (where I live) in Charlestown after 6 PM. Park there, walk 4 minutes to Sullivan Square (seriously 4 minutes, I do it daily) and pay $2 for the Orange Line. It's 2 stops to North Station and takes you all of 15 minutes max.

You're welcome.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
I'm so glad that hockey is back. Now we can all ***** about how much the concessions and parking cost, and the fact that a 3rd liner is getting PP time instead of about the lockout.

This place....I tell ya

smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:04 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Gotta make up for all those lost host dog sales.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
Patient - "Doc, it hurts when I do this".

Doctor- " then don't do that".

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote