HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

HFSharks Fantasy Head2Head league '13| Division 4

Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkway Drive View Post
So I drop Ginner in favor of Andy Mac since Benn is unsigned and Kesler is injured.

2 hours later Andy Mac gets hit in the face with a puck. He was supposed to start tomorrow.
This is why we have IR slots (presuming McDonald ends up on IR)

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
infiniterb

Is it just me, or is anyone else having issues with lineups for future days not saving? Or maybe this just doesn't work like I think it should. The lineups look fine for all the days in the future just after I save them (and go back to them after saving all the way through Saturday). But it seems like after a period of time, if I go back to the lineups for the days in the future I have a bunch of guys on the bench who should be starting.

infiniterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
deekortiz3
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
This is why we have IR slots (presuming McDonald ends up on IR)
We have IR slots?

deekortiz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniterb View Post
Is it just me, or is anyone else having issues with lineups for future days not saving? Or maybe this just doesn't work like I think it should. The lineups look fine for all the days in the future just after I save them (and go back to them after saving all the way through Saturday). But it seems like after a period of time, if I go back to the lineups for the days in the future I have a bunch of guys on the bench who should be starting.
I think I know what's going on here. Say you set your lineups up on Monday for the entire week. Then say you drop someone and pick someone else up on Wednesday. That throws all your future lineups you had set out of whack due to one of those players not being on your team anymore. Smell what I'm cookin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekortiz3 View Post
We have IR slots?
Yeah, if you grab one of your players on your team page with your mouse, the IR slot will become visible near the bottom of your lineup.

Last edited by Shape: 01-22-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
I think I know what's going on here. Say you set your lineups up on Monday for the entire week. Then say you drop someone and pick someone else up on Wednesday. That throws all your future lineups you had set out of whack due one of those players not being on your team anymore? Smell what I'm cookin'?

Yeah, if you grab one of your players on your team page with your mouse, the IR slot will become visible near the bottom of your lineup.
Ir slots only show up if the player you grab can be put on IR. Picking up a healthy or day-to-day injured player only shows you the regular bench spots.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Shape

Quote:
Ir slots only show up if the player you grab can be put on IR. Picking up a healthy or day-to-day injured player only shows you the regular bench spots.
Yeah, should have clarified that.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:15 PM
deekortiz3
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks Shape and Nem, good to know.

Wish I had known earlier in another Yahoo league I am in. Kopitar sitting there taking up space on the bench.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:04 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

just for flavor, I re-named the divisions in here away from numbers to classic Sharks backup goalies.

the first division (me, fistfullofbeer, thorntonfan97, and alaskanice) are now the Jarmo Myllys division

the second one (sharklife25, kawaii, sharkway drive, and jwhitesj) are now the Nolan Schaefer division

and the third one (lazyking, deekortiz3, sonticus, and infiniterb) are now the Dimitri Patzold division.

also, in the "thinly veiled brag" department: Patrick Marleau is almost single-handedly winning me a point for this matchup. Marleau's 8 goals are only 2 behind ffob's collective 10, and accounts for a full 40% of my team's goal output for the week.

Remember when you guys razzed me for taking Marleau?

Old
01-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Shape

Quote:

Gratz'. I really considered taking Patty at #2 in the 20 teamer today. Was stoked to get Pavs in the 2nd tho. I wanted a piece of our first line.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:05 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Good week 1 everyone. Lots of close matchups. Hopefully things stay this interesting all season long.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Good week 1 everyone. Lots of close matchups. Hopefully things stay this interesting all season long.
Close matchups my ass. Thanks for showing me up Nem.

01-28-2013, 02:33 PM
jwhitesj

Quote:
just for flavor, I re-named the divisions in here away from numbers to classic Sharks backup goalies.

the first division (me, fistfullofbeer, thorntonfan97, and alaskanice) are now the Jarmo Myllys division

the second one (sharklife25, kawaii, sharkway drive, and jwhitesj) are now the Nolan Schaefer division

and the third one (lazyking, deekortiz3, sonticus, and infiniterb) are now the Dimitri Patzold division.

also, in the "thinly veiled brag" department: Patrick Marleau is almost single-handedly winning me a point for this matchup. Marleau's 8 goals are only 2 behind ffob's collective 10, and accounts for a full 40% of my team's goal output for the week.

So if I win my division, can I get a Nolan Shaefer Regular Season Champions banner

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Close matchups my ass. Thanks for showing me up Nem.
these things happen sometimes.

and we had 1 tie, 2 more matchups within a point of each other, and a third that was within 3 points (with a couple of stats that were close calls). There were only two blowouts. I'd count that as a good week.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:12 AM
sonticus
Blown Tire

vCash: 460
Quote:
these things happen sometimes.

and we had 1 tie, 2 more matchups within a point of each other, and a third that was within 3 points (with a couple of stats that were close calls). There were only two blowouts. I'd count that as a good week.
I know the feel, jwhitesj.

02-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!

So Kesler was activated today and I'm trying to fix my lineup but it says I'm over the roster limit. So I drop someone and it still won't let me fix it. Since the drop reflects tomorrow am I screwed for setting up my lineup today?

Sharkway Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:59 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkway Drive View Post
So Kesler was activated today and I'm trying to fix my lineup but it says I'm over the roster limit. So I drop someone and it still won't let me fix it. Since the drop reflects tomorrow am I screwed for setting up my lineup today?
Unfortunately, yes. It's kind of the problem with last minute IR activation "he's gonna play the next game" situations. Yahoo usually only updates player status once a day in the early morning so if a guy comes off IR to play a game that night, you can't always get him into the lineup unless you knew about it the day before.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!

Crap. Ok thanks Nem

Old
02-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

I'm open to trades.. I've been trying to keep up with my team but sometimes the lineup doesn't change correctly.. anyway, with EK65 out.. I'm thin on defense and scoring..

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:33 PM
sonticus
Blown Tire

vCash: 460
Hey Sharklife25, is Ovechkin still on the trading block? I proposed a trade, let me know either way.

sonticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!

How the hell did I get into the semis?!!!

This was a really fun learning experience with all of you! I just wish there was more trash talk.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
infiniterb

Yeah, it's been fun. Too bad some guys left guys on the bench and didn't have full lineups all the time, but overall it's been fun.

I missed the draft and had a random team. Somehow I've made it to the semi's as well having to play the waiver wire quite a bit.

infiniterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:55 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I was disappointed by my performance. I took a few calculated risks that didn't pay off (Okposo, Silfverberg, Nugent-Hopkins, Lindback chief among them), and then I couldn't recover from losing Crosby.

I probably should've looked at a few more deals. I also lost out on some waiver claims because I was slow to get around to pouncing on steals on the wire.

And yeah, we had a few no-show GMs. They won't be back next year (that's a league stipulation)

That said, congrats to everyone for a great season as we wind down, and thank you to everyone who played from start to finish. Hopefully we'll see all of you back next year (including those of you who could get promoted to Division 3. And to everyone for whom this was your first dip into the fantasy hockey pool, I hope you had fun.

Last edited by The Nemesis: 04-08-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old
04-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I was disappointed by my performance. I took a few calculated risks that didn't pay off (Okposo, Silfverberg, Nugent-Hopkins, Lindback chief among them), and then I couldn't recover from losing Crosby.

I probably should've looked at a few more deals. I also lost out on some waiver claims because I was slow to get around to pouncing on steals on the wire.

And yeah, we had a few no-show GMs. They won't be back next year (that's a league stipulation)

That said, congrats to everyone for a great season as we wind down, and thank you to everyone who played from start to finish. Hopefully we'll see all of you back next year (including those of you who could get promoted to Division 3. And to everyone for whom this was your first dip into the fantasy hockey pool, I hope you had fun.
I was 9th .. I won!!

As long as I am not last .. I am a winner!!!

Fistfullofbeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:04 PM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
I was 9th .. I won!!

As long as I am not last .. I am a winner!!!
Cool....That means I won too.

Loosing all those goalie points every week just killed my team.

Last edited by jwhitesj: 04-08-2013 at 07:10 PM.
jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:32 PM
deekortiz3
HFBoards Sponsor

I definitely started falling off toward the end, life got busy but I had a ton of fun playing this year.