HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XIX

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
Damn another wildcard team making it.
Ravens were a division champion.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

ToryBelleci: Whoa! Baltimore vs. San Francisco in #superbowl2013. Head coaching brothers John & Jim Harbaugh face off. I can't wait!

KariByron: @ToryBelleci It is just like the Civil War.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:14 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Sweet! The HAARRRRRRBARRRRRUGHHHH BOWL!

Old
01-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Is it agreed we are actively rooting against the Ravens for non-game reasons?

What I mean is, EVERYONE and their grandma will get sick of the Harbowl crap, especially us Niner fans. Additionally, all the talk would be about Ray Lewis. RL this, RL that. Even if the Niners actually win #6, they would still be talking about Ray Lewis. Not to mention the whole country except Niner faithul would be rooting against us.

Do we as Niner fans who already have to suffer through 2 weeks of SB hype really want that? Forgetting who the Niners match up against and just talking about hype/media/coverage/who the country will root for, don't we want the Pats to pull this out?
Gratz'. You somehow found a way to b**** about a niner soupy berth. Throughout the whole thread!

Just enjoy it, man!!!!

Old
01-20-2013, 11:48 PM
rangerssharks414

I'll be honest... I wanted the Falcons to win (was watching the game with a Falcons fan), and I will be rooting for the Ravens in the Super Bowl (I guess they're my second favorite team, but not officially. Plus, I picked them to win it all before the season started.).

Anyway, once Akers missed that field goal, I thought the Falcons were going to win. Nice defensive stand at the end of the game when they needed it most. Their secondary was terrible almost the entire game. The Falcons were so worried about Kaepernick beating them with his legs that he made them hand it off... and they couldn't stop Gore and James. Davis was a monster as I predicted. Congrats, good luck in two weeks.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:47 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Would rather play the Pats. Something about Lewis retiring after this year and trying to go out on a win might bring some kind of destiny effect on the game. Screw that, we need this win bad.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Mafoofoo
Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
Would rather play the Pats. Something about Lewis retiring after this year and trying to go out on a win might bring some kind of destiny effect on the game. Screw that, we need this win bad.
Can't ruin that awesome undefeated in Super Bowl games stat.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Hopefully we get the bad Flacco in the SB although he's been playing pretty well recently. Flacco isn't as good as some recent QBs the 49ers beat like Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Ryan but the Ravens defense is better than those teams' defenses. The Ray Lewis factor and the experience of that Ravens defense also scare me. You also can't forget about Ray Rice. He can catch the ball out of the backfield as well as any RB in addition to his rushing abilities.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
close game vs the clips. 99-95 good guys. 1:18 left.

edit: dubs win!

Last edited by Crafton: 01-21-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 06:52 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
close game vs the clips. 99-95 good guys. 1:18 left.

edit: dubs win!
Yeah buddy! The season series is ours. Curry was money in the 4th! Good game to go to if it wasn't in the afternoon

Old
01-21-2013, 10:39 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 662
Some thoughts on the Bay Area sports scene:

-Great game from the Dubs today. It was a fun game to watch and made me wish the Warriors played more Weekend day games. That's impressive taking the season series from the clips, but why is this series over. They should of met at least in April.

-Man that 49er game was stress inducing. Great win from the Niners but it looked bad after the first quarter. Not looking forward to the hype, but looking forward to the game.

-Kind of wish there was more Giants/A's news. Starting to get excited for baseball season.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:34 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ctions-defense
NFC All Pro selections - defense

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ctions-offense
NFC All Pro selections - offense

Lots of 49ers on those lists. (Dominating the defensive side)

Old
01-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Lots of 49ers on those lists. (Dominating the defensive side)
Which is ironic because our D sucks ass this post-season.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:54 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Some thoughts on the Bay Area sports scene:

-Great game from the Dubs today. It was a fun game to watch and made me wish the Warriors played more Weekend day games. That's impressive taking the season series from the clips, but why is this series over. They should of met at least in April.

-Man that 49er game was stress inducing. Great win from the Niners but it looked bad after the first quarter. Not looking forward to the hype, but looking forward to the game.

-Kind of wish there was more Giants/A's news. Starting to get excited for baseball season.
Yeah the Clips games have been entertaining as hell. If they can get through next month, 16 of 22 at home to end season should give them great opportunity to make playoffs. I'm excited!

Agreed.

Agreed.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Mafoofoo
Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Seems like ever since Seattle wrecked you guys your D hasn't been as awesome as it used to be.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:

The run defense is still top notch, but the injury to Smith has really hurt the pass rush and subsequently put more pressure on the secondary.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Clowe Me

In news none of you bay area folk really care about, the sale of the Kings has been submitted to the nba and will be voted upon in april.

Kevin Johnson will still try and find a comparable offer to present to the league, but it looks more and more in Seattle's favor by the day.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:58 AM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
In news none of you bay area folk really care about, the sale of the Kings has been submitted to the nba and will be voted upon in april.

Kevin Johnson will still try and find a comparable offer to present to the league, but it looks more and more in Seattle's favor by the day.
I don't watch basketball, but maybe it will lead to a little less dilution of the overall Bay Area sports market.

Now if we could just get rid of those Raiders...

Old
01-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Lack of pass rush has exploited the subpar corner play.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Quote:

I care about it. Yeah it sucks they are going to move but its understandable. New arena would solve a lot of problems. Power Balance Arena is a shack these days and the attendance sucks. Seattle kings/supersonics would be so awesome and a hockey team possibly relocates there as well.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Well looks like the Niners are set to lose based on this Camel's prediction.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

Clairvoyant Camel Predicts Baltimore Ravens to Win Super Bowl

They say betting is a losing man's game, but for one clairvoyant camel in Lacey Township, N.J., it's a winning one.

Princess, a 26-year old Bactrian camel, lives at Popcorn Park Zoo and apparently has the powers to predict the winners of the Super Bowl.

"Over seven years she's only lost once," zoo's General Manager John Bergmann told ABCNews.com. "Last year, she picked the giants to win and they won. I think she has a record of 6 and 1."

Courtesy Popcorn Park ZooThe method to this camel's madness might be hunger driven, however.

"She loves graham crackers. In one palm we write down with one of these magic markers the 49ers, and on the other, the Ravens. We cover them with graham cracker so she can't see. Whichever she chooses to eat first is her pick," Bergmann said. "She picked the 49ers to win yesterday, and they did."

But just this morning Princess had a change of heart.

"She picked the Baltimore Ravens. I guess she picked the older brother," Bergmann joked of the sibling rivalry this year between brothers, John Harbaugh, head coach of the Ravens, and Jim Harbaugh, head coach of the 49ers.

Princess has honed her prognostication skills by predicting the outcome of many New York Giants and New York Jets games since 2006, after a local radio station contacted Bergmann about getting an animal involved in the DJ's weekly picks pool.

"She would pick a game a week against a DJ and she wound up beating him all the time," Bergmann said. "She likes to make fun of the Jets and [head coach] Rex Ryan a lot."

Old
01-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
I don't watch basketball, but maybe it will lead to a little less dilution of the overall Bay Area sports market.
I really doubt anyone in the bay area is a fan of the Kings at this time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
I care about it. Yeah it sucks they are going to move but its understandable. New arena would solve a lot of problems. Power Balance Arena is a shack these days and the attendance sucks. Seattle kings/supersonics would be so awesome and a hockey team possibly relocates there as well.
Attendance sucks because the owners. They have tried all they can to alienate the city from this team. First, by putting a terrible product on the court, then by threatening to move the team to Anaheim, Virginia Beach and now Seattle. This franchise has sold out 17 of their 27 seasons in Sacramento, that would lead me to believe that the attendance these days has little to do with the fans and more to do with getting screwed over.

Also, the city bent over backwards to get a new downtown arena built for the Maloofs. It was Joe and Gavin Maloof that balked at the deal when their insignificant 3 mil pre-construction fee was due (which they agreed to pay verbally). The Maloof's have done everything in their power to get the team out of Sacramento. It's like it's personal now.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
SactoShork
fun must be alwalys

vCash: 0
Quote:
Also, the city bent over backwards to get a new downtown arena built for the Maloofs. It was Joe and Gavin Maloof that balked at the deal when their insignificant 3 mil pre-construction fee was due (which they agreed to pay verbally). The Maloof's have done everything in their power to get the team out of Sacramento. It's like it's personal now.
The NBA even offered to loan the Maloof's $3 million just to keep the project moving. They turned it down.

All this occurring shortly after this…

"There's going to be a beacon of light, shining bright, in 2015 — a brand new arena,"
- Gavin Maloof said after thanking Kings fans, Johnson, NBA Commissioner David Stern and arena operator AEG.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:40 PM
rangerssharks414

I just saw on PTI that Tim Brown thinks Bill Callahan "sabotaged" the Raiders' Super Bowl chances in 2002 by changing the game plan. Does anyone believe this? I just remember that the Bucs killed them in that game.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
I just saw on PTI that Tim Brown thinks Bill Callahan "sabotaged" the Raiders' Super Bowl chances in 2002 by changing the game plan. Does anyone believe this? I just remember that the Bucs killed them in that game.
Rice has since come out and agreed with Brown.

Romanowski called Brown a "bold faced liar" this morning on 95.7.

Shane Lechler and Rod Woodson also think it's ridiculous. And apparently Rich Gannon turned down an interview today on 95.7 saying he didn't want to 'clean up Tim's mess.'

Screw this crap! It's stealing headlines from the Soupy!!!

Closed Thread