HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago vs. St.Louis - Game 3 - Yay Home Opener

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriBlues2008 View Post
Should be a good game between two very good teams.
Amen. I love when the Hawks play the Blues

Old
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
MissouriBlues2008

vCash: 500
On the pizza topic, I didn't care for deep dish. The deep dish pizza I had was Geno's cheeseburger pizza (IIRC) and it was 2/3 sauce. I prefer thin crust or the more medium type of crust rather than deep dish. I just don't like that much sauce.

Wrigley Field was nice to visit once, but that was enough for me. It's uncomfortable to try to watch games there often.

Chicago was great to visit and I don't really have anything bad to say about it. As a rural Missourian myself it is irritating when we're (St. Louis included) compared to Chicago. Yeah, Chicago has more to offer, but it's simply a bigger city. Comparing St. Louis to Chicago is like comparing Chicago to New York. They're not really comparable overall.

St. Louis has some good aspects. Downtown has gotten better in recent years. The museums and zoo are great (and free, which is a lot different than Chicago). There's a lot to do and it's pretty easy to get around. You can buy a lot more for your money in St. Louis than in Chicago. Even rural Missouri is beautiful in places. It's not flat like most of Illinois.

I think the reason St. Louisans and Chicagoans irritate each other so much is because the rivalry starts with sports, and then the comparisons are made between the cities. St. Louisans are sensitive to people putting their city down because St. Louis is so much smaller Chicago always seems like the better city. Mostly Chicago is just bigger, not better. It doesn't help that the somewhat unfair crime rankings put St. Louis near the top most years whereas Illinois compiles their crime stats differently, so Chicago will never be on that list even if it is dangerous. That makes St. Louis seem like the more dangerous city when Chicago just isn't listed at all. When your city has a somewhat bad reputation you are sensitive to criticism, especially if it is unfair. The sports rivalries are always a part of the rivalry between the cities.

Just my two cents. Not trying to start anything. Both Chicago and St. Louis are great, but very different, cities.

I do want to add what I said in my own forum:
I live in Southeast Missouri in/around the Mark Twain National Forest.

I admit I have some trashy neighbors (literally right next door), but most people I know are good people. There are kind, decent, good rednecks and there are trashy rednecks. Most people around here fall into the first category.

Last edited by MissouriBlues2008: 01-22-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
On the pizza topic, I didn't care for deep dish. The deep dish pizza I had was Geno's cheeseburger pizza (IIRC) and it was 2/3 sauce. I prefer thin crust or the more medium type of crust rather than deep dish. I just don't like that much sauce.

Wrigley Field was nice to visit once, but that was enough for me. It's uncomfortable to try to watch games there often.

Chicago was great to visit and I don't really have anything bad to say about it, but has a rural Missourian myself it is irritating when we're (St. Louis included) compared to Chicago. Yeah, Chicago has more to offer, but it's simply a bigger city. Comparing St. Louis to Chicago is like comparing Chicago to New York. They're not really comparable overall.

Just my two cents. Not trying to start anything. Both Chicago and St. Louis are great, but very different, cities.
I know many, many Chicagoans who would take offense to that remark.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
You guys are making some of the Blues fans upset

They should grow some thicker skin
Yeah, they seem upset. To be fair, my comment was about rural Missoura, which I'm sure they would agree with. I actually like St Louis (not that it's a the same class with Chicago).

However, Imo's Pizza is the worst thing in the world.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:13 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Comparing St. Louis to Chicago is like comparing Chicago to New York. They're not really comparable overall.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:16 PM
madgoat33

chicago to ny is abetter comparison than stl to chicago. I've been to stl and its a nice city, but its small compared to it. Id say stl and indy would be much more comparable.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
MissouriBlues2008

Having been to Cincinnati, it's a lot like St. Louis in size and that it's a river city.

You have to take St. Louis for what it is. It's the biggest metro in Missouri (KC is the biggest city, but it's borders are huge and it's not nearly as dense). It's where most of our sports teams are. It's got a lot of great history and a lot to see and do.

The only thing I didn't like about visiting Chicago is how expensive everything was. In St. Louis most attractions are free, and in D.C. it was the same case. Chicago was expensive to visit. The architectural boat tour was awesome, though.

If you go to a smaller city like St. Louis expecting it to be like Chicago you will probably be disappointed. They're just not really comparable.

Personally, I would not want to live in a city as large and crowded as Chicago. It's also more expensive to live in.

Chicago was fun to visit of course, but I understand why St. Louisans get irritated when their city is criticized. Most people don't like when their city is criticized.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

hope the graphics in the OP work

Old
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:

Chicago was great to visit and I don't really have anything bad to say about it. As a rural Missourian myself it is irritating when we're (St. Louis included) compared to Chicago. Yeah, Chicago has more to offer, but it's simply a bigger city. Comparing St. Louis to Chicago is like comparing Chicago to New York. They're not really comparable overall.

St. Louis has some good aspects. Downtown has gotten better in recent years. The museums and zoo are great (and free, which is a lot different than Chicago). There's a lot to do and it's pretty easy to get around. You can buy a lot more for your money in St. Louis than in Chicago. Even rural Missouri is beautiful in places. It's not flat like most of Illinois.

I think the reason St. Louisans and Chicagoans irritate each other so much is because the rivalry starts with sports, and then the comparisons are made between the cities. St. Louisans are sensitive to people putting their city down because St. Louis is so much smaller Chicago always seems like the better city. Mostly Chicago is just bigger, not better. It doesn't help that the somewhat unfair crime rankings put St. Louis near the top most years whereas Illinois compiles their crime stats differently, so Chicago will never be on that list even if it is dangerous. That makes St. Louis seem like the more dangerous city when Chicago just isn't listed at all. When your city has a somewhat bad reputation you are sensitive to criticism, especially if it is unfair. The sports rivalries are always a part of the rivalry between the cities.

Chicago and New York are very comparable, they're the only two Metropolis-like cities in the country. Incredibly large, thriving and densely populated downtown districts surrounded by densely packed 3-4 flat filled neighborhoods makes a metropolis. New York is bigger and has more things to offer but also require more wealth to get along in. I can admit that. No, you can't compare St. Louis and Chicago, they are completely different. It's not really fair to dis St. Louis for being a normal American city though, but Chicago does have a massive suburban area beyond the city limits which reminds me of most of the places I've visited in St. Louis, which reminds me of the rest of America. Good neighborhoods, poor neighborhoods, and lots of Malls in between. And, shout out to Ted Drewes.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

At least Chicago and St. Louis aren't Detroit

Old
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
At least Chicago and St. Louis aren't Detroit
This is something we can agree on.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I hate the blues... I hate most of their players and I love to hate them. I hate that we might lose a PO round against them. I hate them. I ****ing do.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I hate the blues... I hate most of their players and I love to hate them. I hate that we might lose a PO round against them. I hate them. I ****ing do.
Feelings are mutual.

The only thing I don't hate about Chicago is the jersey. Love the jersey. (even though I will never own one or let one enter my home) Besides that, hate everything about the Blackhawks.

And stay away from my ST section. Just because it is affordable doesn't mean you need to come in and act like a fool. Do that in your own house!

Old
01-22-2013, 05:37 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcus View Post
Feelings are mutual.
So you hate the Blues and Blues players as well?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
ChiTownHawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
St. Louis is an absolute hole. Orland Park is more attractive to visit, and I am being dead serious.
Hey you leave Orland Park out of this!

Old
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew06 View Post
Lol, the best trash Chicago fans can bring up is about the pizza in St. Louis. Probably because they have nothing bad to say about this blues team who's going to stomp them out of their own arena. Fear the russian tank. Hes in your city. About to feed on your horrid goaltenders.
Rock on.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Lol, the best trash Chicago fans can bring up is about the pizza in St. Louis. Probably because they have nothing bad to say about this blues team who's going to stomp them out of their own arena. Fear the russian tank. Hes in your city. About to feed on your horrid goaltenders.
Ummm yeah. I'm afraid now, the Hawks shouldn't even bother to show up.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Nice banners, bro.

You should come over some time and check out my St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup ring display case. All 0 of them are in there.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Madhouse Mafia

Quote:
trap trap trap trap trap trap trap trap trap trap trap trap trap trap trap trap pizza trap trap trap trap

Old
01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Cullksinikers

All Blues fans are related.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
DoomsdayVillain
US NAVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Nice banners, bro.

You should come over some time and check out my St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup ring display case. All 0 of them are in there.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Cullksinikers

Hey, last time the Blues went to the SCF, Bobby Orr's knee was still in decent shape.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

This is awesome. I like to think I started this in the pregame thread.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Cullksinikers

None of this would have started if the guy would have refrained from saying we would get "stomped" on our GDT.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
You are on fire with the gifs/pics lately.

Closed Thread