HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eller already in the doghouse?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
  #401
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.
 
thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,757
vCash: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'm now getting worried.

Maybe they're pulling Eller out of the lineup to see how the team can do without him.

Perhaps Bergevin wants to package Subban+Eller in a trade for a player that is worth less than Subban alone?
There's clearly not enough grinders on this team

thaivuN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:03 PM
  #402
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,711
vCash: 500
Eller+Subban for JF Jacques, Evgeni Artyukhin, Anthony Stewart and Zenon Konopka...HF would explode of happiness.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
  #403
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
How about eller for Niederreiter.

edit: that's of course considering MB would want to trade Eller and the rumors about Nino are true.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
  #404
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
How about eller for Niederreiter.

edit: that's of course considering MB would want to trade Eller and the rumors about Nino are true.
I would do it, We are pretty look at LW going forward, guy can play both RW and LW. Maybe Leblanc for Nino could work too.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
  #405
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I would do it, We are pretty look at LW going forward, guy can play both RW and LW. Maybe Leblanc for Nino could work too.
Not close, Leblanc is 2 years older and doesn't have the potential that Nino has.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
  #406
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
How about eller for Niederreiter.

edit: that's of course considering MB would want to trade Eller and the rumors about Nino are true.
Great trade, too good to be true imo.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
  #407
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
I'm hoping benching Eller is just a 1 or 2 game thing, with Therrien trying to light a fire under him to get him to come back with more intensity. Everything that Therrien has said about Eller suggests to me that he believes he can be more that he is currently, so this could just be a 'push' from the coach to work even harder than he already is.

...I'm really hoping that's what this is.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
  #408
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Eller+Subban for JF Jacques, Evgeni Artyukhin, Anthony Stewart and Zenon Konopka...HF would explode of happiness.
How about PK + Eller for Bobby Ryan and Csiba ?

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:26 PM
  #409
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
How about PK + Eller for Bobby Ryan and Csiba ?
Who?

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:26 PM
  #410
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,367
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Well now I feel better.
man, this made me burst out laughing


slight concern regarding eller too, i really want the habs to keep eller over even plekanec and desharnais, so im upset

i hope this doesnt have something to do with elelr being what gauthier brought in and bergervin maybe not liking what he sees from eller or therrien? damn it

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:28 PM
  #411
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Who?
Sorry.

Luca Sbisa

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
  #412
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
You realize he's expected to play centre tonight?
That doesn't make it right

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
  #413
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,320
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
This is the problem with Therrien. No matter how ****** Armstrong, Bouillon and Prust will play... they will not be scratched, the young players will all be the scapegoats.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
  #414
muzion
Registered User
 
muzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St-Hubert, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
how about eller for niederreiter.

Edit: That's of course considering mb would want to trade eller and the rumors about nino are true.
l-o-l

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
  #415
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 500
I'm not a Therrien fan but I was willing to give him a chance. However, I'm not really impressed by some of his decisions.

Obviously, I don't get the point of scratching Eller. It's not like he has been much worse than the rest of forwards on Saturday.

Also if he wanted to evaluate Galchenyuk properly, he should of kept on the 2nd line.

We'll see how he uses Gallagher but this guy should be in Hamilton rather than being the stands or playing 10 minutes or less per game in Montreal.

Hopefully, Therrien has a long term vision rather than a short term one. It's not like he is playing his job this year.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
  #416
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
This is the problem with Therrien. No matter how ****** Armstrong, Bouillon and Prust will play... they will not be scratched, the young players will all be the scapegoats.
He is making room for 20 years old Gallagher...

We can definitely use Gallagher’s speed and Prust played a decent/good game vs the Leafs. Eller needs to step his game up a notch; just like Leblanc, I can't wait to see how he will react.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:29 PM
  #417
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
This is the problem with Therrien. No matter how ****** Armstrong, Bouillon and Prust will play... they will not be scratched, the young players will all be the scapegoats.
None of these guys play center.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
  #418
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
I'm not a Therrien fan but I was willing to give him a chance. However, I'm not really impressed by some of his decisions.

Obviously, I don't get the point of scratching Eller. It's not like he has been much worse than the rest of forwards on Saturday.

Also if he wanted to evaluate Galchenyuk properly, he should of kept on the 2nd line.

We'll see how he uses Gallagher but this guy should be in Hamilton rather than being the stands or playing 10 minutes or less per game in Montreal.

Hopefully, Therrien has a long term vision rather than a short term one. It's not like he is playing his job this year.
All I have to say about this is....

While it would make more sense to scratch White rather than Eller, there might be "things" that happened and that we don't know. The kind of things that would justify being the one scratched after a below-average performance... even if the whole team was below average, with the notable exceptions of Brandon Prust, Alex Emelin and Rafael Diaz.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:37 PM
  #419
elsubz
Registered User
 
elsubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
So I guess if we win tonight Eller will be scratched again next game.... sigh..

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
  #420
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
I hope he is! We have been playing him as a center with top minutes for HOW long?! Save your "Oh no CPHABS, he was drafted as a large skilled center that the HABS traded for while playing him as a wing... of some kind since we got him." Common knowledge about the HAB's developement program indicates that he is no longer suited to play center and should be played as a winger until we can draft the center we need. Think DD will center a line of Eller and Chucky one day? I hope so!

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:55 PM
  #421
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Eller+Subban for JF Jacques, Evgeni Artyukhin, Anthony Stewart and Zenon Konopka...HF would explode of happiness.
Bergevin

Eller for Antropov and Ponikarovsky.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:59 PM
  #422
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
Gotta love RDS. Trash talking about Eller for no reason just because they feel the need to defend Michel Therrien who was working with them last year. Did anyone talk about how Pacioretty and Cole were pathetic on Saturday?

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
  #423
beaverBFP
Registered User
 
beaverBFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Absolutely nothing to worry about, just trying to light I fire under Ellers ass, also a great way to see what both gallys can do.

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:12 PM
  #424
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
I'm almost as big of an Eller supporter as there is, but his line was the least effective last game.

The top 2 lines played a sloppy offensive game that resulted in getting few real chances on net. But they prevented the other team from getting much either.

Eller's group on the other hand got exposed a bunch of times in the defensive zone.

Oliver's scoring chances show this, I also re-watched the game to check up on what actually went on sans first game emotion.

On the other hand, I don't think Eller is particularly to blame for that. His individual efforts were largely fine, its that the line combination was frequently discombobulated on positioning. They obviously did not have much practice together.

The biggest culprit for their problems was Boullion though. His complete inablity to defend down low was a major factor in most of the chances against, and it also forced the forwards out of perferred positioning to cover his mishaps.

Gorges was no great shakes either, he played sloppy a bunch of times but he could manage his area of the ice most of the time. Also pairing the two with Gorges on right was a mistake. Since Boullion was the one on his correct side for controlling the puck, he both got the bulk of the puck-handling and a larger area of the ice to cover.

Contrast this to the Markov-Emelin pairing that was pretty good. Markov is the best guy for range and puckhandling on the pairing and is on his correct side. Emelin is on his off-side, but it matters less because he's there to support Markov, not carry the play on his own.

What might have been if Subban was with Gorges rather than Boullion is left as an exercise for the reader.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
  #425
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I'm almost as big of an Eller supporter as there is, but his line was the least effective last game.

The top 2 lines played a sloppy offensive game that resulted in getting few real chances on net. But they prevented the other team from getting much either.

Eller's group on the other hand got exposed a bunch of times in the defensive zone.

Oliver's scoring chances show this, I also re-watched the game to check up on what actually went on sans first game emotion.

On the other hand, I don't think Eller is particularly to blame for that. His individual efforts were largely fine, its that the line combination was frequently discombobulated on positioning. They obviously did not have much practice together.

The biggest culprit for their problems was Boullion though. His complete inablity to defend down low was a major factor in most of the chances against, and it also forced the forwards out of perferred positioning to cover his mishaps.

Gorges was no great shakes either, he played sloppy a bunch of times but he could manage his area of the ice most of the time. Also pairing the two with Gorges on right was a mistake. Since Boullion was the one on his correct side for controlling the puck, he both got the bulk of the puck-handling and a larger area of the ice to cover.

Contrast this to the Markov-Emelin pairing that was pretty good. Markov is the best guy for range and puckhandling on the pairing and is on his correct side. Emelin is on his off-side, but it matters less because he's there to support Markov, not carry the play on his own.

What might have been if Subban was with Gorges rather than Boullion is left as an exercise for the reader.
I thought individually Eller was better defensively than Desharnais. The difference being that Desharnais was playing with Cole and Pacioretty, who had atrocious offensive games but have the speed and strength to cover.

Not that Eller was anything closed to memorable, but I didn't notice anything particularly wrong with him.

Boullion was of course the biggest problem, and if he sees another 20+ minute night tonight it's going to be obvious what direction this team is heading in this season.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.