HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nino seeking trade?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
SillyBilly

vCash: 500
a) The Isles completely mismanaged his case since the beginning (50+ games in a non-scoring 4th line at a too young age).

b) Not inviting him to the camp was a big **** you.

c) I hope Nino isn't publicly stating stuff like this, it won't help him.

A proper management would have been a full year in the minors last year and this season an opportunity to play in the two first lines. What do you have to lose? Games? The POs? Nothing.

SillyBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Not on the 4th line with Pandolfo as your playmaker.

Again, the amount of bonus that Nino's ELC provided would be basically impossible to acquire otherwise.
But you don't need all of nino's 1.9 to make the floor. All that was needed was a player at 1m/1m and they make the cap, leave niño in Jrs, and save a year off the elc. Logically, niño for cap hit costs the org much more in the long run so its intellectually dishonest. Don't get me started on Brooks, he'll spin anything against the islanders to paint them n the worst light possible.

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
BennyBST

If this is true on Nino's part than he's got an entitlement issue, he didn't earn a roster space after last season (though he got it by default). If the development with Nino went the way it was supposed to, then this would be his first full pro season.

BennyBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
If this is true on Nino's part than he's got an entitlement issue, he didn't earn a roster space after last season (though he got it by default). If the development with Nino went the way it was supposed to, then this would be his first full pro season.
They couldn't send him to the AHL last year it was either NHL or WHL

All that being said I do agree it was a mistake not even giving him an invite to camp

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:26 PM
SillyBilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
They couldn't send him to the AHL last year it was either NHL or WHL

All that being said I do agree it was a mistake not even giving him an invite to camp
Last year, the should have either fully trusted him like in ''we give you quality time next to quality players, we have nothing to lose'' or said ''listen, you're not ready yet, we're not going for the POs anyways, develop in the minors and see you next year''. Now, he didn't even get invited to the camp despite good numbers while half of his former peers play somewhere in the NHL. And we're talking about the ISLES here. Not some kind of overstacked him with no free roster spot because the first three lines are build of superstars and top prospects.

SillyBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
NYI365
Let's Go Islanders!

Sometimes it's so ****ing frustrating to be an Islanders fan.

NYI365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:30 PM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI365 View Post
Just sometimes?

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:30 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI365 View Post
This too shall pass

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
This too shall pass
After overreacting and flying off the handle (I do that sometimes), I hope it's just much ado about nothing in the end. The history between the Isles and Nino hasn't been a fairy tale so far, but I'm hoping for a good ending when he finally makes it to the NHL.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass45 View Post
I don't know what to say. Maybe he feels entitled? Maybe he feels not being invited to camp was a screw you? UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Yeah, this is reliable. The source is the agent, or someone from the agent's office. The Isles were given a few days warning, did nothing, so they went to the media. Otherwise, we'd hear an instant denial from the agent, which (of course) we haven't heard.

It was a big mistake not inviting Nino to camp. The next move is a request to be loaned to European club. Watch.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Wouldn't surprise (Europe or trade) me if he's going to be a whiny jerk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goal1228 View Post
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
GM Garth Snow: "All convos with players remain private, but I haven't heard from Nino himself that he's unhappy."

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Confirmed @KatieStrangESPN report that the agent for @thelnino25 asked #Isles for a trade, but team will not move him.
If Garth knows nothing, then who did they ask? The muffin man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
why all the fuss and panic? He is a 20 year old kid who got a shot at the big team last year and now had to take a step back, so of course he is impatient. The AHL is the right place for him to be right now, and I think the majority here agreed prior to this. I am hoping for now that this is much ado about nothing. Just guessing here but I think likely it blows over as soon as he gets a late season call up this year for our playoff run or next Fall when he comes up to stay. Does he have any leverage at this point to demand a trade? It could be part of a ploy by his team to get him called up sooner rather than later, the squeaky wheel. Not going to stress over this for now at least.
I think that's it. He got a taste of the big leagues and doesn't feel he should be down in the AHL.

Seconded bolded I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Can someone tell me who his agent is?

Not that I know, but what you going to do call him?

01-22-2013, 06:42 PM
TeamKidd

Well, i'm certainly glad Nino has a pulse and a desire to be successful. I am not happy his agent is a schmuck...but he is an immature 20 year old kid that thinks he's good because he scored some goals in the AHL. He wanted to come to camp, thinks he's hot stuff...and doesnt realize that this is a BUSINESS and he cant be handed anything. I do think he'll be called up at some point this year and maybe he'll be more successful, but if he thinks hes somehow proved it on the ice, he hasnt.

in the end, he'll get over this and this will be much ado about nothing.

TeamKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Why don't any of the writers mention who his agent is? I can't find it online, but watch it be one of these Newport Sports ****heads who are ruining hockey.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:45 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
The one thing that is different is Turris was very vocal about his displeasure and made it a point to do anything in his power to get traded. The Islanders have not been bullied by anyone. Not Nabby and not viz, I doubt they allow Nino to pull a stunt like Turris. Especially considering our Swiss captain.

One would believe that Streit would have some involvement in helping clean this mess up.
Also, I think Turris was unsigned and the Coyotes were pretty concerned about someone giving him an offersheet, they'd have trouble matching.

Nino is signed, in the middle of a three yr deal. So no offersheets or threats of make a deal quick before someone forces our hand.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:49 PM
CREW99AW

Unbelievable. We had an Oiler fan come into this thread and propose the struggling Paarjarvi and lil Omark for Nino. I went to the Oilers board and posted my opinion on that lowball offer. Now I am blocked from the Oilers board.

Last edited by PWJunior: 01-22-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Not necessary
Old
01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
ledzep1212
COYB

Quote:
Yeah, this is reliable. The source is the agent, or someone from the agent's office. The Isles were given a few days warning, did nothing, so they went to the media. Otherwise, we'd hear an instant denial from the agent, which (of course) we haven't heard.

It was a big mistake not inviting Nino to camp. The next move is a request to be loaned to European club. Watch.

Cheers,

Dan-o
no it wasn't

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
It won't. But you didn't answer the question: why does Snow and the Islanders organization get the benefit of the doubt?
Because more often than not, if the Isles can't to sign a guy who has played on he Island, they do, including JT, Moulson, Nielsen, MacDonald, Okposo, Grabner and even Nabokov. Only the guys looking for that last big contract (Blake, PAP, Smyth) walk away. That says a lot about the organization, that when they have the choice, they stay and often for quite a while.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:54 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Not that I know, but what you going to do call him?
You know, that could be pretty funny if I worded the interview just right, but I think it is against the law to tape conversations without both party's consent.

I am curious if it is one of the known troublemakers. Some agents just have a penchant for clients who make waves.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Hey at least the Islanders won 4 cups in the 80s ok...I'm a Leafs fan....jeez, it can be worse.

Also, Nino, kid can play no doubt aboot that, but the fact is this, don't be complaining so much to the media like a BEH-BEH.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
The one thing that is different is Turris was very vocal about his displeasure
except Niño already has expressed his frustration.

From last year:
16. It didn't get a lot of attention, but Nino Niederreiter erased a tweet that said, "The answer for all those questions I got is pretty simple...I don't know." Undoubtedly, he was referring to his four straight healthy scratches through Saturday. The Islanders are an easy target, so I asked someone who sees a lot of them for his opinion. He said, "Look at their recent string of scratches...It's really unusual to see a team do that. I don't know what to make of it." (Kyle Okposo was another victim.)
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Old
01-22-2013, 07:10 PM
stranger34

If I were Nino I would be pretty angry too. I'm actually just glad his value has rebounded to the point where he is relevant again. At the end of last season I was genuinely concerned he may never matter again.

The thing is this is a unique season with the lockout, In his season thus far in the AHL Nino ALREADY HAS rebounded and earned a shot, and why wouldn't you want someone on your NHL roster who is clicking on all cylinders while everyone else is catching up.

I say play him or trade him

How much more than Nino would it take to land Subban? Nino, Nelson, and a 3rd rounder?

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:12 PM
LetsGoIslanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Why don't any of the writers mention who his agent is? I can't find it online, but watch it be one of these Newport Sports ****heads who are ruining hockey.
Swiss agent, Andy Rufener.

LetsGoIslanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:23 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoIslanders View Post
Swiss agent, Andy Rufener.
Thanks. I see why I couldn't find him. He seems to only rep Swiss players and also goes by Andre.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Knish Of The Crease

Trade him to Edmonton for Gagner

Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:29 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
Trade him to Edmonton for Gagner
Well he is a good friend of Tavares

and his 45 pts a season, are prettier then Frans 45 pts a season.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:30 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
If I were Nino I would be pretty angry too. I'm actually just glad his value has rebounded to the point where he is relevant again. At the end of last season I was genuinely concerned he may never matter again.

The thing is this is a unique season with the lockout, In his season thus far in the AHL Nino ALREADY HAS rebounded and earned a shot, and why wouldn't you want someone on your NHL roster who is clicking on all cylinders while everyone else is catching up.

I say play him or trade him

How much more than Nino would it take to land Subban? Nino, Nelson, and a 3rd rounder?
Subban wants way more then he's worth: $5m-$7m.

Imo he's worth John Carlson's money ($4m).