HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino Niederreiter Offers

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Another prospect that the fans over value.
Another unhappy player that teams want to steal, see what I did?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Stat wise Rudblad is having a better year than Gormley but Gormley is younger and I still think he will be the bettr overall player.... I agree that in terms of reaching thier full potentials that Gormley has the edge and is the safer pick...
But PHX has such depth and talent on the Blue line I figured it would be worth the risk because they really dont have any Young Fowards that I could think of with the Potential that Nino has...
I wouldn't trade Gormley for Nino. I do believe Gormley is a superior prospect to Rundblad.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
So what happens when Tavares wants big bucks?

Do you just let him walk for picks? do you trade him? one day he will want Toews/Kane money.
well he is already making 5.5 a season and by the time that contract is over the isles will be in brooklyn, and when that happens wang should stop with the penny pinching

Old
01-22-2013, 05:04 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
why would i be only talking about prospects if there are young players on the isles that are going to be here long term? i watch him every game and see him shut down other teams best players on a nightly basis as well as complete good first passes, there isn't alot more, if anything at all, that is required to be considered a top pairing d-man
Well my mistake then. When you said "projected into" I read that as prospects. Either way, once injuries took CdH down as a reliable prospect for the future first pair, that left us with Reinhart, and he is a long way from being top pair, if ever. For all of Hamonic's offensive upside he still has more of the physical defensive aspect to be considered your true number one. No doubt Trent Klatt would disagree with me on that, but that's my opinion. Someone needs to fill in next to him and that is the person we need now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
where do you expect macdonald to be when all is said and done?
2nd pair on his best days, which I have seen, and worse on his less than best days, and I have seen those too, as like you I watch every game (with the exception of the start of this season due to personal choice/lockout).

Where do you project him? Certainly not first pair material.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Your offer was off the board. All Boston got for Kessel was two firsts. You want more for Kane? That's just not happening.
Kessel is not Kane - Kane is a better player.

The way I see it is an upgrade for Brooklyn and an add to Hawks depth.

The only roster spot the Islanders are flipping out is Okposo and that is for Kane. The Hawks are taking on all the risks with my proposed deal. Nino could play with the Hawks this year and Okposo would be a nice 3rd line grinder here, and the picks are a crap shoot.

The Islanders would be getting a sure thing while the Hawks get depth back and the picks are nothing special...

Old
01-22-2013, 05:12 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Well my mistake then. When you said "projected into" I read that as prospects. Either way, once injuries took CdH down as a reliable prospect for the future first pair, that left us with Reinhart, and he is a long way from being top pair, if ever. For all of Hamonic's offensive upside he still has more of the physical defensive aspect to be considered your true number one. No doubt Trent Klatt would disagree with me on that, but that's my opinion. Someone needs to fill in next to him and that is the person we need now.

2nd pair on his best days, which I have seen, and worse on his less than best days, and I have seen those too, as like you I watch every game (with the exception of the start of this season due to personal choice/lockout).

Where do you project him? Certainly not first pair material.
i see madonald as a support player, he will complement any other dman he is paired with and play that role very effectively and he has tremendous endurance and can handle well over 25 minutes a game with out looking overly fatigued at the end of the 3rd period, put him on any team and no opposing forward would ever think to favor his side of the ice because he is the "weaker" d-man which is exactly what i would look for in a dman that is being paired with a number one, this is exactly what we saw when he was paired with streit, he played a very solid defensive role complementing his partners game to the t as well as playing a very effective 2 way game when paired with hamonic a far more defensive minded d man then streit is, but over the last couple of years although the number one job on the isles swapped from streit to hamonic, macdonald stayed in the number 2 spot the whole time playing effectively

Old
01-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

Quote:
Kessel is not Kane - Kane is a better player.

The only roster spot the Islanders are flipping out is Okposo and that is for Kane. The Hawks are taking on all the risks with my proposed deal. Nino could play with the Hawks this year and Okposo would be a nice 3rd line grinder here, and the picks are a crap shoot.

The Islanders would be getting a sure thing while the Hawks get depth back and the picks are nothing special...
In all honesty the deal you proposed was not outside the realm of possibility.
The problem is I do not believe the Islanders are at a point where they can make this type of deal.

If we were confidant that the Islander's could move to the next level and that these first round picks would be in the lower half of the first round maybe.

The risk is not worth the nightmare scenario on how that deal plays out.
which is:
1. We still suck
2. Both picks are top 10
3. Kane requests trade

Old
01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Huh? He's signed through 2018.
And how long do you think it will take Brooklyn to rebuild?

As a Hawk fan since 1985 I have answers.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottScissons View Post
The problem is I do not believe the Islanders are at a point where they can make this type of deal.

If we were confidant that the Islander's could move to the next level and that these first round picks would be in the lower half of the first round maybe.

which is:
1. We still suck
2. Both picks are top 10
3. Kane requests trade
i think that kane and tavares would love to play with each other, when they were in juniors they had a little friendly rivalry that they would always mention in interviews about outscoring the other player on any given night even when they werent playing each other, i still dont like it though

Old
01-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
If he is available...anyone not named Bartschi or Gaudreau. I assume the Islanders would want young players and prospects.

Maybe something around Jankowski + Brodie.
Whoa.
Whoa.
Whoa.

Hold up there, hoss. This isn't for four Nino Neiderreiters. There's only one to trade. Scale it down a bit.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:16 PM
startainfection

Quote:
And how long do you think it will take Brooklyn to rebuild?

As a Hawk fan since 1985 I have answers.
brooklyn should be getting a legitimate eastern conference threat on the first day the barclay center is used for regular season nhl hockey

Old
01-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottScissons View Post

which is:
1. We still suck
2. Both picks are top 10
3. Kane requests trade
I understand your position - the Hawks were there not to long ago, they kept their picks and landed a couple of aces known as Toews and Kane - then won a Cup.

In todays NHL you have to build from the inside out.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:19 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Kessel is not Kane - Kane is a better player
I would take Kane over Kessel as well, but in terms of record vs. accomplishment Kessel is more of a known.
Quote:

The picks will be top ten, and this year's pick is a strong possibility of being Jones or MacKinnon. Those are all but certified franchise players to be. No one parts with those, particularly as part of a package.

Nino has first line power forward potential. Recall, that's the first piece going back.

Okposo is not a third line grinder. If you watched his game at all you'd never throw that one out there as his physical game has gone in the toilet which has been his downfall in many eyes. He will probably wind up as a 2nd line wing or a very poor man's 1st line wing.

In sum the trade would 99.9% wind up a giant bust for our club in three years, with our rebuilding young squad being decimated by what we'd give up, and a better than normal chance that Kane would walk away once he becomes a UFA. So no way.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
ginovegas

Plekanec
or
Gionta
or
Eller and Webber

Old
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM
boredmale

Quote:
I would take Kane over Kessel as well, but in terms of record vs. accomplishment Kessel is more of a known
One has a stanley cup and if I am correct Kane also has a better PPG average over his career and is younger.

Quote:
The picks will be top ten, and this year's pick is a strong possibility of being Jones or MacKinnon. Those are all but certified franchise players to be. No one parts with those, particularly as part of a package.
Which is why I assume the Hawks fan started the picks in 2014(and 2015). As I said the second pick should be contingent on the Islanders resigning Kane(who is a Free Agent after 2014/15).

Old
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
does MTL want him next to Galy?

Nino + for Subban....

It will ne never happen but if Nino really wants out then thats the type of return Isles would want....Garth and Isles are really high on Nino and it would have to really be an established young player or a highly regarded close to NHL ready prospect to get Garth Listening...

IMHO Nino remains an Islanders.....

Also somthing around Nino and a Yotes defensman would be nice..
1 point in 55 games, that "+" better be a lot more significant than NN is.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Chris Butler (Cap friendly dman who can play in your top 4.)
Max Reinhart (#3C potential.)
Ryan Culkin (Good prospect doing well in the Q)

for

Niederreiter
This particular trade does literally nothing for the Islanders other than us losing a top prospect. We have Sundstrom, Cizikas, Nelson, Nielsen, Strome and Tavares down the middle. A center other than a star C does nothing.

The Dman you added fits cap wise, but with Strait doing well he wouldn't crack the top 4. And even then, is he a top 4 on a good team? No.

If Nino is dealt it will be for ONE player, either straight up or Nino+ for a really good player.

Sorry to **** all over your proposal, but there is no universe in which that trade goes down. Giordano however is intriguing.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

Sens offer:

Mark Borowiecki, Ben Bishop, 2nd round pick.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Zibanejad + Prince for Nino + deHaan

Old
01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

The most I could see the Jets offering is two 2013 2nd rounders (ours and CHI's) and a mid-grade prospect like Cormier or Klingberg.

Niederreiter isn't worth Scheifele, Trouba or our 2013 1st, but he's worth more than any of our other prospects.

We wouldn't make good trading partners. Other teams would make better offers.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
12345*

Quote:
Finn plus Gunner would not be bad at all imo but I think that the Isles would want more of an established player...
Thats great the Isles want more - except NN hasn't done ****.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:26 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Zibanejad + Prince for Nino + deHaan
Given De Haan's injury history don't see why Ottawa does this

Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Thats great the Isles want more - except NN hasn't done ****.
You are correct most of the time we expect our 20 year old prospects to have at least won the scoring crown 3 times by now.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
This particular trade does literally nothing for the Islanders other than us losing a top prospect. We have Sundstrom, Cizikas, Nelson, Nielsen, Strome and Tavares down the middle. A center other than a star C does nothing.

The Dman you added fits cap wise, but with Strait doing well he wouldn't crack the top 4. And even then, is he a top 4 on a good team? No.

If Nino is dealt it will be for ONE player, either straight up or Nino+ for a really good player.

Sorry to **** all over your proposal, but there is no universe in which that trade goes down. Giordano however is intriguing.
What about
Jbo + Smith + Stempinak + Ferland/Horak (would prefer to move Ferland)
for
Nino + Nelson + Carkner

Old
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
startainfection

ryan o'rielly+ and nino and nielsen if...

the report that nino wants a trade is true and ryan o'rielly is still unsigned by the off season

to the isles
Ryan O'rielly
Steve Downie

the the avs
El Nino
Frans Nielsen

nino and landeskog in their prime on the same team would be a great treat for avs fans
Frans Nielsen would finally be a third line center which isles fans have been saying he needed to be for years

Ryan O'Rielly gives the isles a number 2 center that plays their style with a very appealing takeaway stat
steve downie is kinda a throw in, but will help improve the isles bottom 6

Closed Thread