Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TD Garden Parking: $34

Old
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

vCash: 500
They close the locks in the winter. They won't open them until April unless it starts to get really mild like last year.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
They close the locks in the winter. They won't open them until April unless it starts to get really mild like last year.
Thanks, I won't even try next time then. (My next game is Jan 31.)

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
The Pats lots suck anyways. I gladly pay the 50 to park at the one lot Kraft doesn't own next to the liquor station any game I go to.

And I HATE it if my group can't get its crap together and we are too late to get into that lot and have to do a Kraft lot.

Regardless...shame on the MBTA giving up the lease to JJ. The monthly rates to park whenever you want through the MBTA were actually pretty fair and enticing and if I had a little more money and went to a few more games between the B's and C's than I do I would have rented a spot there permanently and rolled in to P1/P2 like a baller every game.
People seem to forget that Mr. Jacobs built that building with his own money and also remodeled the entire concourse. He has every right to charge that money. Eventually, the lot will also be used in the Nashua Street apartment complex that is going up in the near future.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
beaverjc

I dont like the cost so I wont be parking there. As like all things if you dont think the value is there then dont buy it. JJ signed a lease for $116m for 75 years so he will break even with just Bruins games! He also gets money from all the events including the Celtics/Concerts/Events....

Cant say I am looking forward to trekking across Boston with kids in tow rushing to get to the game while freezing my cajones off.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
wow quick google seach tells me there is 1,150 spaces in the Garden parking garage. Foxboro stadium has 16,500

so Gillette
10 games x 16,500 spaces x $40 per game (if they are all cars not $125 or $200 for bus or RV's) = 6,600,000

TD Garden
41 games x 1,150 spaces x $34 per game = 1,603,100

so if every person drove a car to the football games (which we know does not happen) kraft would make 4,996,900 more then JJ almost five times as much and his prices are higher.

add in RV's and Bus amounts and wow

Things that make you go Hmmmm.
I'm not taking the opposite side of the argument here. Just pointing out your numbers for the N Station parking vs Gillette are way off.

You are counting the pats 2 preseason games in the 10. So you need to count the 2 B's. Which brings it to 43. You also have to count the 43 C's home game = 86. The Garden also probably averages about 12+ addition events per month (concerts, bean pot, monster trucks, disney on ice etc). 12 x 12 = 144.

So 86 + 144. JJ has roughly 230 days he can charge. Kraft has probably 30 or so (including concerts).

Last edited by Looch: 01-22-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Thanks, I won't even try next time then. (My next game is Jan 31.)

Are you referring to the footbridge over the damn? I walked across it yesterday.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Are you referring to the footbridge over the damn? I walked across it yesterday.
Interesting. My dad works in Charlestown and said it was closed.. hmmm

Old
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Interesting. My dad works in Charlestown and said it was closed.. hmmm
I got to the nautica garage about 11:05 am. So it was probably 11:10ish when I walked across it. Was still open around 4:15ish when we walked back across after the game

Old
01-22-2013, 05:53 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
me to and sadly only one of the music 'tones' along the way worked and its lame...I always walk over them and remember the 73 shot game against Tugnut there was so much snow on the area before the locks on the park side I was up to my waist

If the locks close you can do the bridge- the under the garden $34 parking hit is for really bad weather....I kind of have mentally accepted 3 trips down there per year to use in case of foul weather (Aly, do not tell you-know-who)

btw Looch I have finalized my boycott plan....once the free stuff goes I am going to go with one ice cream between first and second, and a Guiness-Harp between second and third.....gives me something to look forward to. Afterwards if I go to Legends with my buddy if he invites me I may get a beer.

Also, Looch, JJ had the buffet for $9.99 opening night lobster and steak and I missed it (all you could eat and I was over the Grille drinking with Jaci and Traci however, as much as I like them- freaking steak and lobster (I want another lockout now)

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
I'm not taking the opposite side of the argument here. Just pointing out your numbers for the N Station parking vs Gillette are way off.

You are counting the pats 2 preseason games in the 10. So you need to count the 2 B's. Which brings it to 43. You also have to count the 43 C's home game = 86. The Garden also probably averages about 12+ addition events per month (concerts, bean pot, monster trucks, disney on ice etc). 12 x 12 = 144.

So 86 + 144. JJ has roughly 230 days he can charge. Kraft has probably 30 or so (including concerts).
we wee talking B's vs Pats prices. you start adding in concerts and C's it just gets to muddy but I get your point. however even doing that Kraft is up if you add in all the RV's and Bus people thatgo to every game at 125 to 200 a pop. Then you have the fact that you have a choice to park somewhere else at the garden or take the T. You don't have that option at gillette Kraft has the monopoly and charges more no way around it.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:57 PM
DKH

Quote:
I got to the nautica garage about 11:05 am. So it was probably 11:10ish when I walked across it. Was still open around 4:15ish when we walked back across after the game
it was because we went to Legends with one of my buds who belongs and got out around 5 and walked across no problem

Old
01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
I'll let my dad know he was wrong lol.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
34$ just for parking?

And there are guys willing to pay that kind of money?
Yup. Anyone who drives a decent car, or doesn't want to deal w/ the T b/c you have kids. Or, don't want to park your car at the T station b/c it was already broken into once. Add mandatory Massachusetts door dings, etc.

You're paying for peace of mind. Sucks it went up, but thems the breaks.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
DKH

Quote:
I'll let my dad know he was wrong lol.
hey after we left we went across it- that was near 5, right?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Yup. Anyone who drives a decent car, or doesn't want to deal w/ the T b/c you have kids. Or, don't want to park your car at the T station b/c it was already broken into once. Add mandatory Massachusetts door dings, etc.

You're paying for peace of mind. Sucks it went up, but thems the breaks.
it sucks but its well lit, take elevator up, you don't get wet- perfect for really bad weather and don't want to come out to frozen car and snow, and yekkkk.....I agree with you- on a date, with kids, weather sucks, very decent car

exception not rule parking

Old
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Did a little digging and apparently they've been doing work on the locks to which is why it has been closed for a few days at a time. Last time it was closed was on the 16th.

Dan I think it was around 5.

I'll stick to paying $6 at the T

Old
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
NASCL

Seems the majority of posters coming from the north. I come from the south and for weekend games park at Ruggles garage ($6) and take the Orange Line to and from.

NASCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
me to and sadly only one of the music 'tones' along the way worked and its lame...I always walk over them and remember the 73 shot game against Tugnut there was so much snow on the area before the locks on the park side I was up to my waist

If the locks close you can do the bridge- the under the garden $34 parking hit is for really bad weather....I kind of have mentally accepted 3 trips down there per year to use in case of foul weather (Aly, do not tell you-know-who)

btw Looch I have finalized my boycott plan....once the free stuff goes I am going to go with one ice cream between first and second, and a Guiness-Harp between second and third.....gives me something to look forward to. Afterwards if I go to Legends with my buddy if he invites me I may get a beer.

Also, Looch, JJ had the buffet for $9.99 opening night lobster and steak and I missed it (all you could eat and I was over the Grille drinking with Jaci and Traci however, as much as I like them- freaking steak and lobster (I want another lockout now)
Damn, $9.99 for AYCE lobster? Never heard of such a thing in all my 34 years. I do commend JJ for the 25-30% pro shop discount and the free concessions. I didn't think he'd go that far.

I didn't eat before the game. Met up with some friend at Northstar on Friend st. I'd probably walked by it 100 times and had never been there before. Sadly I must admit to drinking 4 miller lights in the hour before the game. The miller light girls were doing a buy one bucket get one free deal. I'm a sucker for FREE beer! ...watered down piss or not!

I didn't have any room for food pre-game. So I took advantage of JJ's freebies between periods. I took some of your advise and tipped em for each item. I hope the rumors I've been hearing about JJ taking the freebies out of the concession workers pay was bull. Sounds a little far fetched. But you know me, I put nothing against the evil one!

Quote:
we wee talking B's vs Pats prices. you start adding in concerts and C's it just gets to muddy but I get your point. however even doing that Kraft is up if you add in all the RV's and Bus people thatgo to every game at 125 to 200 a pop. Then you have the fact that you have a choice to park somewhere else at the garden or take the T. You don't have that option at gillette Kraft has the monopoly and charges more no way around it.

Agreed. Kraft is undoubtedly a gouger. I understand the supply and demand deal as much or more so than the next guy. But taking private citizen's right away to charge people to use their own land is absolutely going above and beyond when it comes to greed.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:12 PM
nifty988

The MBTA?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/file...12/jacobs.jpeg

Last edited by nifty988: 01-22-2013 at 07:17 PM.
nifty988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:17 PM
ObjectiveOpinion

If you guys think $34 is bad, feel lucky that you don't have to park down there for work. During the daytime, buildings around there get 30-40 dollars for working hours, and if you leave your car there overnight expect to pay 45-50.

If you don't like it, just park outside the city. It's so easy to take the greenline in there I don't know why anyone would even think about paying that, unless they don't care about money.

ObjectiveOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:57 PM
RSBPC

Quote:
With all due respect, the second half of this post is entirely wrong. It is far from a monopoly, there are a ton of private lots up and down Route 1. They start at $30 and range up to $50, and that is just regular season. There were a bunch of lots that jacked up prices for playoff games (I saw a few at $60 on Sunday), which Kraft does not do. Also a closer walk from Kraft's lots since they surround the stadium.

For Bruins games, I park at the 99 in Charlestown. Free parking, if you feel like grabbing beers there is a shuttle that leaves 45 and 15 minutes before faceoff (your receipt from the 99 is your ticket), or you can walk over the pedestrian bridge and take the orange line from Bunker Hill to North Station (1 stop).

RSBPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBPC View Post
With all due respect, the second half of this post is entirely wrong. It is far from a monopoly, there are a ton of private lots up and down Route 1. They start at $30 and range up to $50, and that is just regular season. There were a bunch of lots that jacked up prices for playoff games (I saw a few at $60 on Sunday), which Kraft does not do. Also a closer walk from Kraft's lots since they surround the stadium.

For Bruins games, I park at the 99 in Charlestown. Free parking, if you feel like grabbing beers there is a shuttle that leaves 45 and 15 minutes before faceoff (your receipt from the 99 is your ticket), or you can walk over the pedestrian bridge and take the orange line from Bunker Hill to North Station (1 stop).
there are no private lots in foxboro anymore or very few. they passed a law that people can't do it on their on property anymore and there is no way that there is enough priavte lots that you have an option. It's Kraft or nothing.

edit: this is how i understood it anyway maybe I am totally wrong.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:06 PM
RSBPC

Quote:
there are no private lots in foxboro anymore or very few. they passed a law that people can't do it on their on property anymore and there is no way that there is enough priavte lots that you have an option. It's Kraft or nothing.

edit: this is how i understood it anyway maybe I am totally wrong.
You are right about the law but it only applies to residential properties. Just about every store, hotel, car dealership, etc. on Rt 1 use their lots for parking on game days.

Homeowners used to have people parking on their lawns, that is banned now but I never understood people who parked there. It is a looooooooooooooong walk, I guess the upside is parking on a side street and not on Rt 1 avoids the traffic but we tailgate until traffic dies down anyways.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBPC View Post
You are right about the law but it only applies to residential properties. Just about every store, hotel, car dealership, etc. on Rt 1 use their lots for parking on game days.

Homeowners used to have people parking on their lawns, that is banned now but I never understood people who parked there. It is a looooooooooooooong walk, I guess the upside is parking on a side street and not on Rt 1 avoids the traffic but we tailgate until traffic dies down anyways.
wow didn't realize that all the stores could still do it. good to know thanks.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:17 PM
RSBPC

Quote:
wow didn't realize that all the stores could still do it. good to know thanks.
No problem, and I didn't mean to detract from your original point because I agree with you.

Kraft and Jacobs are businessmen. They have the right to charge whatever the hell they want, and we as fans/consumers have the right to pay it or find a viable alternative.

The biggest difference between the two is public perception. Kraft comes off as a fan who happens to own the team. He is seen as a hero, charitable, a good person. A guy who puts everything he has into the team he owns. He's earned that rep, he brought this franchise out of some really dark times and turned them into THE model franchise in pro sports.

Jacobs is seen as a penny pinching curmudgeon who cares about nothing but the bottom dollar, and if his team wins it's an accident/in spite of him.

To an extent these things may or may not be true. But more than anything it illustrates that Kraft understands and/or cares about PR and public opinion far more than Jacobs.