HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino Niederreiter Offers

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
neelynugs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
When did Snow put him on the block?

I thought 20 yr old Nino was 5 and 1/2 yrs from being a ufa.

I thought he was in the 2nd yr of a signed, 3 yr contract. So, no worries that he'll get offersheeted or bolt as a ufa.

Someone will need to explain WHY Snow has to trade Nino?
i've always been of the mind that if a player wants out, i wouldn't want him around. not saying you give the guy away, but no reason hanging onto a potential bad apple, so to speak.

on a side note, gotta give you some credit - you've been defending all-things islanders for the past 10+ years on HF despite their status as a laughing stock. hopefully they turn it around someday.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
MardocAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
He doesn't HAVE to trade Nino, but if he does, you're not going to get established top four defensemen for him.

I saw someone mention Nino+ for Yandle? That better be a pretty significant +.
Okposo, Strome, Nielsen, Grabner even Reinhardt to even out the D. The isles are loaded with blue chips. I think these teams make good trading partners in a Yandle deal.

Maybe Nino, Okposo, 1st

Old
01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
He doesn't HAVE to trade Nino, but if he does, you're not going to get established top four defensemen for him.

Vis is saying he and Snow have agreed, that he'll join the isles after his kid's Feb. 9th minor surgery. I'm not worrying about the 2013-2014 blueline, until this summer.

I like what I've seen from Carkner and Strait, I feel Finley's a waste and want him gone. Hickey was a healthy scratch in games 1 and 2. We'll see what he brings.

Striet-MacDonald
Vis-Hamonic
Carkner-Martinek
Hickey-Strait.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I'd do MPS + Whitney for El Niño + Carkner. Fair?
With both Whitney and Streit heading to UFA this would be incredibly bad for the Isles.

And it would be even worse considering Streit would most likely sign with Edmonton. Him and Kruger are friends, and EDM made a pitch in the summer that the Isles turned down.

MPS + Marincin or Musil would be fair. At least from a value standpoint.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
supert

The Oilers offer PRV , Omark and a 3rd pick

Just remember we do not have our 3rd trade it for Fistric . So maybe a second Rd pick with your 3rd coming back

Old
01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
xECK29x

Snow will only trade Nino for an established player similar to Ninos upside (25-30g power forward or sniper) or a prospect with similar upside. There is no need to trade him, he has not told Snow he is unhappy, im sure this is all a miscommunication which will blow over in a month or so.

Old
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
I'd easily give up Clendening+Pirri.

Old
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
i've always been of the mind that if a player wants out, i wouldn't want him around. not saying you give the guy away, but no reason hanging onto a potential bad apple, so to speak.

on a side note, gotta give you some credit - you've been defending all-things islanders for the past 10+ years on HF despite their status as a laughing stock. hopefully they turn it around someday.
If 19 yr old Reinhart doesn't make next season's team, out of training camp and his agent demands a trade, do they trade him?

What about 20 yr old Brock Nelson? If he thinks he's too good for the AHL next season, demands atrade, do the isles ask him for a list of teams he'd like to play for?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:09 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardocAgain View Post
Okposo, Strome, Nielsen, Grabner even Reinhardt to even out the D. The isles are loaded with blue chips. I think these teams make good trading partners in a Yandle deal.

Maybe Nino, Okposo, 1st
I'd do this if I were the Coyotes.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:10 PM
MardocAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Snow will only trade Nino for an established player similar to Ninos upside (25-30g power forward or sniper) or a prospect with similar upside. There is no need to trade him, he has not told Snow he is unhappy, im sure this is all a miscommunication which will blow over in a month or so.
Why would a team trade a proven 30 goal scorer for a potential 30 goal scorer?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
With both Whitney and Streit heading to UFA this would be incredibly bad for the Isles.

And it would be even worse considering Streit would most likely sign with Edmonton. Him and Kruger are friends, and EDM made a pitch in the summer that the Isles turned down.

MPS + Marincin or Musil would be fair. At least from a value standpoint.
Does Nino play center or is he a winger ?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:12 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
The Oilers offer PRV , Omark and a 3rd pick

PRV: 2nd/3rd liners Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Perrson,Cizikas have all played well either in the AHL or NHL. Even Kabanov, pre-arm injury was drawing props.

Omark: I can think of at least two small NYI prospects, who's size kept them from sticking and producing with the NYI. Both have gone on to be scoring leaders in Europe:Weinhandl and Rhett Rkashani(sp). Omark tearing up a nonphysocal euro league, means very little.

The 3rd is very tempting.... I'm gonna guess Snow says no thanks,

Old
01-22-2013, 06:12 PM
xECK29x

Quote:
Not saying they would but I promise you that's what Snow will ask for.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Doug19

No interest in Umberger + Savard for Nino + a pick?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:

Agreed...

Brooklyn won't get anything more than a bottom 6 player for Nino, maybe a low prospect or pick....

Given the circumstances he may fetch a nice prospect, but at the same time there are only a few teams that could take such a risk doing so. Of course any team could do it, but at the same time it is still a risk.

Not to mention there are only a few teams in the league in which his talent will strive on, or where he is ready to play top 6 (where he belongs) with the required talent.

Playing him in a grinder role is a waste so is any bottom 6 minutes at his age. Putting him "on ice" does no good for his career either. Nino is the type of player you let play.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Not sure what kind of value is needed. How about Isles fans complete the following if it's interesting:

Josh Gorges + ... for Nino + Some Dman

Old
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Why did Snow keep shopping his high lottery picks and according to the NY press, keep insisting on getting young players, with similar upside back?

Old
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Does Nino play center or is he a winger ?
Nino is a winger, essentially top 6 or bust with high upside.

Old
DonthaveaCOWEN

Not that I would necessarily do it as a Sens fan, it would seem that Mika Zibanejad for Neiderreiter one for one would be as close to best value as possible if they are looking for a young player in return with equal upside. Both have had their struggles and underwhelmed thus far and could use a change of scenary. Agree/Disagree?

*Please don't say Nino's NHL experience adds an extra value or carries any weight because it was arguably and probably worse for his development (just as Zibanejad's year in Sweden and injuries were for him.)

Old
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
No interest in Umberger + Savard for Nino + a pick?
No thanks.

Snow has said in interviews that he's not stopping his youth movement. I don't see him trading a 20 yr old recent lottery pick, for 30 yr old Umberger.

Offer up a young, potential stud to replace the young, potential stud Snow is losing.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonthaveaCOWEN View Post
Not that I would necessarily do it as a Sens fan, it would seem that Mika Zibanejad for Neiderreiter one for one would be as close to best value as possible if they are looking for a young player in return with equal upside. Both have had their struggles and underwhelmed thus far and could use a change of scenary. Agree/Disagree?

*Please don't say Nino's NHL experience adds an extra value or carries any weight because it was arguably and probably worse for his development (just as Zibanejad's year in Sweden and injuries were for him.)
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but your offer would meet Snow's type of quality for quality demand.

I'd rather keep Nino. I don't like seeing a team bend to a 20 yr old,who feels entitled.

Donovan and Nelson are having very good seasons. Donovan made the all-star team. Where are their 'bring me up or trade me' demands?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Halifaxhab*

I'd be tempted to move for Nino if I were MB. I'd start with a 2 nd, a fwd prospect (someone like Kristo or Gallagher )and a def prospect (someone like Ellis or Dietz).

But I'm fairly sure this will blow over in a week and he'll be a productive Islander

Old
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Not a fan of either team, but Nino+ for Yandle sounds like a great fit for both teams. Maybe Bailey as the +
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Yandle is too much. We're talking mainly about other prospects for Nino, not established top pairing NHLers.
What if the Islanders made it Okposo and Nino for Yandle? If not Okposo, is there another player not named Tavares or Hamonic you would consider? Grabner perhaps?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:26 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Nino is a winger, essentially top 6 or bust with high upside.
nino can easily become a legit 3rd line power forward, and if he becomes that and is very effective in that role i would say he is far from a bust

Old
01-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Good luck with that.....

The notion you're going to get a Patrick Sharp straight up for Nino is laughable..

A Saad (or any prospect on par) for Nino deal seems more likely. You may get a bottom 6 player but no way will you land a top 6 with just Nino...

Closed Thread