HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks for screwing us over (JVR)

Old
01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Carter really isn't anything like JVR. Carter at least pushed guys out of the way while driving to the net, and used his size on defense; just because he wasn't throwing bone-crunching hits doesn't mean he wasn't using his size. JVR...not so much.

01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
This thread = lol. Great read. 2 games in and people got ripped off. This and the schenn thread.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Knowing we get Couturier as well as Voracek, me too. That doesn't change the fact that he caught an insane amount of grief for not being elite while playing through major injuries.

As for JVR, I got tired of him always having the potential to be great. Next year was always "his" year, until it came and went and we had to wait for the year after. I'm wondering if B. Schenn will end up the same way.
This. I make the carter trade every time knowing what I know now, but I was always a carter fan and thought he got an unnecessary amount of grief around here and amongst flyers fans in general.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
This. I make the carter trade every time knowing what I know now, but I was always a carter fan and thought he got an unnecessary amount of grief around here and amongst flyers fans in general.
I mean, who would have thought that player who lead their teams in shots usually lead their team in missed shots?

Flyersfan1493 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM

Haha, and I thought the Flyers fanbase didn't give players long to impress. Two games?!?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
I mean, who would have thought that player who lead their teams in shots usually lead their team in missed shots?
Shots are necessary obviously to score goals....Carter always said everybody knew he liked to shoot from "everywhere and anywhere" problem with that is that sometimes you need puck control and patience to establish pressure and have a better chance at scoring a goal. It's not always prudent to shoot from "everywhere and anywhere" without discipline especially against certain teams where you need to be patient and cycle with a forecheck.

It's analogous to Iverson who although he was a great shooter and scorer wasn't always the best teammate to spread the wealth around so to speak.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Shots are necessary obviously to score goals....Carter always said everybody knew he liked to shoot from "everywhere and anywhere" problem with that is that sometimes you need puck control and patience to establish pressure and have a better chance at scoring a goal. It's not always prudent to shoot from "everywhere and anywhere" without discipline especially against certain teams where you need to be patient and cycle with a forecheck.

It's analogous to Iverson who although he was a great shooter and scorer wasn't always the best teammate to spread the wealth around so to speak.
Id much rather have tyrone hill. Eric snow and george lynch shoot rather than ai. Ai should have let those guys shoot more

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:25 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
you are probably not the only team that has problems, philly cant even score goals accept giroux, schenn is ok but takes too many penalties and pucks always going off of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Its been 2 games. Only 1 goal went off Luke and we don't know yet if the team can score or not. Stop being such a downer.
The Flyers could go 82-0 and win the Cup and toughfighter83 would still find something to complain about.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:31 PM
CannedMango

JVR is on a new team, new linemates, with a new coach, new system, after an extended lockout and no training camp. Anyone (like the OP) who thought he was going to walk in and just start lighting it up was fooling themselves.

The rest of us reasonable fans are going to give him a season here before we judge.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 01-22-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: nope
CannedMango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Id much rather have tyrone hill. Eric snow and george lynch shoot rather than ai. Ai should have let those guys shoot more
Good point but that team was built to complement him but ultimately they didn't have enough (thanks to Shaq) to get over the top and certainly later on Iverson was definitely more of a detriment than he was when they went to the finals and he was the main catalyst.

As far as the Flyers with Carter...we had more offensive talent to spread the wealth around....

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 01-22-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 08:46 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

man I really hate when these Leaf fans go post in other teams forums.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-22-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: No name-calling
LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:52 PM
nuclear reactor

LOL keep giving Leafs fans hope that he will be impressive after 48, 96, 118 games. At least he didn't have two of those games where he gets off 6 shots but doesn't score and everybody fawns on him afterward for his potential, lest his new fans get their hopes up. Van Useless can't finish a happy meal. Get used to it.

nuclear reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

On behalf of Leafs Nation, I apologize for this thread. JVR is on a new team, under a new coach and is coming off an extremely long offseason because of the lockout. Carlyle also has him playing 3rd line minutes at the moment. This thread is just embarrassing.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
On behalf of Leafs Nation, I apologize for this thread. JVR is on a new team, under a new coach and is coming off an extremely long offseason because of the lockout. Carlyle also has him playing 3rd line minutes at the moment. This thread is just embarrassing.
We have our share of quacks / haters too...
*see response above yours*

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedMango View Post
JVR is on a new team, new linemates, with a new coach, new system, after an extended lockout and no training camp. Anyone (like the OP) who thought he was going to walk in and just start lighting it up was fooling themselves.

The rest of us reasonable fans are going to give him a season here before we judge.
I agree. It is way to early to judge anyone this season.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:14 AM
Stephen23

What a ridiculous thread. It's fans like him that give us a bad name. Impatient. I personally like the future potential of JVR and how he is willing to go to the net/is strong on the puck. Sorry for this thread guys. I really hope Luke works out well for you guys. Loved Luke since we drafted him and saw what he was all about/how he played. I personally think he is going to thrive once your defensive core gets a little stronger. Hope this trade ends up being a win/win, but for anyone to complain after two games and with no real training camp to learn their new systems needs to give their heads a shake/can't see big picture. Cheers!

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payinthedues View Post
The Laffs lose a trade?? Say it's not so!
I won't go that far....but Schenn does have 1 more goal than JVR, albeit on his own net.

Sorry, forgot the laughy face....i'm just kidding. It's been 2 games so i don't think it's fair to judge either player yet.

Like my brother above, i apologise for the OP wishing any ill will to your team. I hope this trade works out for both teams.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Zeroknowledge*

2 former players which were overrated due to their draft position, sooner rather than later their current fan bases will also notice how both are very very average players yet very very disappointing for former top 5 picks.No winners and losers in this trade.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
2 former players which were overrated due to their draft position, sooner rather than later their current fan bases will also notice how both are very very average players yet very very disappointing for former top 5 picks.No winners and losers in this trade.
Sadly you may be right...

Old
01-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Kulemon

So embarrassed right now. Please ignore this guy.

and ffs, its been two games lol. I thought he looked really good in the third against the Sabres.

Last edited by Kulemon: 01-23-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
ya you can have JVR BACK if you want... i hope schenn sucks for u guys

k forgive my ignorance. what's your early impressions? cause i do NOT like jvr so far..........
Luke had his best game last night for us and for me he is a keeper. He may not be the quickest player on the ice but he makes a good 1st pass and I like his toughness. Good luck with JVR. It is early yet so do not give up on him yet. My knock on him was that he was somewhat soft and disappeared during games and was always dealing with injuries. Good luck.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Prongo
Beer

JVR just scored.... we clearly lost this trade. Fire Homer.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Top Cheese Danish

JVR's about to have a hat trick against the Pens tonight. Just to spite us.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prongo
Beer

Ah snap.... we definitely lost this trade. JVR with a nice shot. 2 goals on the night.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrHockey1982

2 goals for him now

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote