HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?

Old
01-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
No ones says that omark should have topline minutes in the oilers! He isnt suited for a checking line and 4th line duty! He is a offensive creater and need to play within a scoring line or not play at all. You dont take a chance on omark if you seeking a checkingline twoway player and a 4th liner, you do it for his offensive qualititys.
I'm trademarking that word.

Let's have everyone's prediction for where Omark attends Training Camp 2013-14. Maybe someone can throw a poll up.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:25 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

vCash: 500
Definitely agree... a player has to be able to play the role they are asked to.

Omark has more offensive talent than many Oilers... he also has more ego and "knows he's good". That's a dangerous combo. He's neither defensively good enough nor seems to have the ability to be humble enough to listen to coaches and play a role they ask him to... even if it's outside his "comfort zone".

I was (and actually still am) hoping he can make an NHL career for himself somewhere... but I think he has to take as much blame for the position he's in as those that the he feels held him back and have a vendetta against him.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:32 PM
russ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Definitely agree... a player has to be able to play the role they are asked to.

Omark has more offensive talent than many Oilers... he also has more ego and "knows he's good". That's a dangerous combo. He's neither defensively good enough nor seems to have the ability to be humble enough to listen to coaches and play a role they ask him to... even if it's outside his "comfort zone".

I was (and actually still am) hoping he can make an NHL career for himself somewhere... but I think he has to take as much blame for the position he's in as those that the he feels held him back and have a vendetta against him.
That's untrue. He was forced to "buy in" to Renney's systems play and when he wouldn't, he was pressboxed and blacklisted.

I watched every Oiler game the last 3 years, and before last season, Omark had skill at puck control, especially behind the net.

Just because he couldn't fit into Renney's idea of what a player should do, and was a bit headstrong and savvy in social media doesn't mean he can't contribute on both sides of the ice.

Kind of ironic, as Yakupov is the same type of player, although Yak is a goalscorer and Omark was more of a passer, is also headstrong and social media savvy. I hope he doesn't get the same treatment, but with Krueger running things he may not.

Last edited by russ99: 01-17-2013 at 07:38 PM.
russ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:57 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
So he ends up being a veteran player that muster 8 goals and 30pts in 65GP and for a player that was only ever here for the offence and didn't contribute too much of that.
I think sixty five games is the important part of that. How many games did we give slugs like Pouliot and JFJ?

I know Omark had weaknesses, but at least when he had the puck you got the feeling that something was about to happen beyond the predictable muffin into crest on goalie's sweater.

I think Omark deserved more games in the NHL but he probably pissed Tamby off with his cocky attitude. That combined with being a shrimp and a low draft choice are what sealed his fate here imo. Witness the fact that MPS seems to be staying up in the NHL despite having done absolutely nothing to warrant that opportunity. Some players get more chances than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Omark said he had nothing to prove in the AHL.
Was that before or after his coach said the same thing?

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
I think sixty five games is the important part of that. How many games did we give slugs like Pouliot and JFJ?

I know Omark had weaknesses, but at least when he had the puck you got the feeling that something was about to happen beyond the predictable muffin into crest on goalie's sweater.

I think Omark deserved more games in the NHL but he probably pissed Tamby off with his cocky attitude. That combined with being a shrimp and a low draft choice are what sealed his fate here imo. Witness the fact that MPS seems to be staying up in the NHL despite having done absolutely nothing to warrant that opportunity. Some players get more chances than others.

Was that before or after his coach said the same thing?
JFJ and Pouliot brought other intangibles. And granted the Pouliot experiment went on far to long but he was a first round draft pick (in hindsight a bad one). So maybe that warranted the long look...IDK?? Whether we gave Omark the shot in the NHL he desrves or not doesn't really matter anymore. He is a known quantity now and teams aren't lining up for his services. A top six spot on any NHL roster is tough for any pro hockey player to get and many spend their careers trying to earn the opportunity and ice time. Definitly not a spot where a team wants to experiment with.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
cpnfantstk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Hahahaha! Go tattoo his name on your ass. They're both playing well in second rate leagues. There's a good reason why Omark didn't give the KHL a shot this time around. He'd have put up the same stats as Schremp. Great to see a few hockey nerds riled up, though.
LOL..The tattoo comment is absolutely hilarious..Too Funny.

cpnfantstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Part 2: Zug It, Tambellini!

Omark (Zug) 3GP-0G-1A
Brunner (NHL) 2GP-0G-0A
(Ridiculous SO goal!!!)
Zetterberg (NHL) 2GP-0G-1A

(Final #s with Brunner: 34GP-13G-33A)

Old
01-22-2013, 05:49 PM
McClelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Part 2: Zug It, Tambellini!

Omark (Zug) 3GP-0G-1A
Brunner (NHL) 2GP-0G-0A
(Ridiculous SO goal!!!)
Zetterberg (NHL) 2GP-0G-1A

(Final #s with Brunner: 34GP-13G-33A)
Omark 4GP-1G-4A so now i fixed it for you!

He had a great evening with hiss swiss linemates with 1 g and 3 a in a close game were zug closed a 7-4 victory in the third period. The corpse is still alive!

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:45 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Omark 4GP-1G-4A so now i fixed it for you!

He had a great evening with hiss swiss linemates with 1 g and 3 a in a close game were zug closed a 7-4 victory in the third period. The corpse is still alive!
Course it is. People who think Omark needs Brunner to put up points havent been paying attention.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Course it is. People who think Omark needs Brunner to put up points havent been paying attention.
I want to see how he does without Brunner and Zetterberg. He played with Brunner all year. If he continues to put up points without Brunner, that's a pretty big plus.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Thorulf

That the moderators still let you post in this thread is one of the bigger mysteries still unsolved.
You posts are uninformed and your main purpose seems to try to be provocative.

Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
vespa99

I cant believe people keep posting here and bumping this thread!

See, now you have me doing it! naughty:

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
CapsandOilers

It is good to see him do well in the NLA! I used to be all about Omark and would always defend him but after the way he acted I am starting to see that he is a little full of himself. I really hope he can improve and get a better shot at the NHL, once he is older and maturer.

CapsandOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorulf View Post
That the moderators still let you post in this thread is one of the bigger mysteries still unsolved.
You posts are uninformed and your main purpose seems to try to be provocative.
Pfft. You keep carryng that torch. I'm sticking with an honest viewpoint of a player who simply wasn't good enough the first time around.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:29 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Omark apparently fought a goalie after the shoot out

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
That sounds like an outstanding sequence of events, I can't wait for a video

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
timekeep

Quote:
did he score

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:34 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
That sounds like an outstanding sequence of events, I can't wait for a video
Agreed. How the hell does that even happen?

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:02 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
Quote:
LOLWHUT? I would literally pay to see that. Omark must have either fallen over the goalie or just clowned him so bad the guy wanted his head. Say what you will about the kid, he's not boring!

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:35 PM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

@Sz1909_Szemberg: This is a 1st for me: Linus Omark gets into a fight with goalie after a shootout attempt! Both Omark, GK Rueger get minors, during shootout

oilers4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:56 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
@Sz1909_Szemberg: This is a 1st for me: Linus Omark gets into a fight with goalie after a shootout attempt! Both Omark, GK Rueger get minors, during shootout
lulz

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Omark (Zug): 6GP 1G 7A 8Pts
Brunner (DET): 5GP 2G 1A 3Pts
Zetterberg (DET): 5GP 1G 4A 5Pts

Old
01-28-2013, 09:39 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
Okay, first

Second, what the hell do minors in a shootout do?

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:50 AM
McClelland

(Mod) Update 40gp 14g 40a 54p

Tried to find some clip about the goalie vs omark incident, but swiss media doesnt let foreigners watch the recaps. Ronnie Reuger is a well known maniac (he has time to mature hes only 39 years old). Omark tried some kind of spin around (missed) and came inside the goalie area, Ronnie Reuger got furious and took a swing with the stick at omarks back. omark gave something in return. Both got 2 minutes, Reuger still in the goal and won the game for his team.

Read in swedish media that omark have some sort of pain in the backside of his thigh.
Swedish coach has named him for the swedish hockey games 7-10 february, the coach said hes waiting on omark to thursday this week because he want him in the team, he said; we must have the courage to have guys in the team who dont follow the normal structure of the game, also dont follow my structure.(about omark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSDue98oU5Q
Ronnie Reuger beats up Damien Brunner (2 games suspension) a couple of months ago. Ron Hextall 2.0

Last edited by McClelland: 01-28-2013 at 09:55 AM.
McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
(Mod) Update 40gp 14g 40a 54p

Tried to find some clip about the goalie vs omark incident, but swiss media doesnt let foreigners watch the recaps. Ronnie Reuger is a well known maniac (he has time to mature hes only 39 years old). Omark tried some kind of spin around (missed) and came inside the goalie area, Ronnie Reuger got furious and took a swing with the stick at omarks back. omark gave something in return. Both got 2 minutes, Reuger still in the goal and won the game for his team.

Read in swedish media that omark have some sort of pain in the backside of his thigh.
Swedish coach has named him for the swedish hockey games 7-10 february, the coach said hes waiting on omark to thursday this week because he want him in the team, he said; we must have the courage to have guys in the team who dont follow the normal structure of the game, also dont follow my structure.(about omark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSDue98oU5Q
Ronnie Reuger beats up Damien Brunner (2 games suspension) a couple of months ago. Ron Hextall 2.0
That is awesome. Thanks for digging.