HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3: Blues at Blackhawks 1/22/13 at 7:30 CST

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
PitchDoug

vCash: 500
LGB! Anticipate a tough one. If they stay out of the box I predict holding on for a 4-3 victory. Frank the Tank, Perron, Stewart, and Oshie .

Has there been any announcements when we Redden is expected to make his first appearance? Interested to see how he looks (and nervous)

Last edited by PitchDoug: 01-22-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: bad at math.
Old
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchDoug View Post
LGB! Anticipate a tough one. If they stay out of the box I predict holding on for a 4-3 victory. Frank the Tank, Perron, and Stewart.

Has there been any announcements when we Redden is expected to make his first appearance? Interested to see how he looks (and nervous)
Redden speculated on Thursday during yesterday's broadcast.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:40 PM
PitchDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Redden speculated on Thursday during yesterday's broadcast.
Thanks. I'd assume we may be seeing Langs and/or Dags then too. And hey my avatar upload worked. Looking forward to seeing much much more of that this season (referring to my avatar)

Old
01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
If I remember correctly Redden did say that Thursday was expected, but tonight was a possibility. Hitchcock has confirmed that there will be lineup changes for the game today, so he might play tonight.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
SoulChaser17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I'll be happy when the game starts so we can talk about something other than which state has the worst rednecks.
For real. This is pretty silly.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:49 PM
PitchDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
If I remember correctly Redden did say that Thursday was expected, but tonight was a possibility. Hitchcock has confirmed that there will be lineup changes for the game today, so he might play tonight.
Didn't realize the lineup for tonight wasn't set/the same (which I was surprised by so makes sense if their is a change). Off for my train from the burbs to ... Chicago Union Station. Wish I was going to the game, but my view standing in front of my TV is just fine. Added benefit of not worrying about the Oshie sweater getting a beer bath or worse. Friendly rivalry yes, but mixed with alcohol, every team's fans can be trouble.

LGB!

Old
01-22-2013, 06:01 PM
STL Blues Fan

I'd be scared to wear a blues jersey into that stadium. Do u think they really would try to spill beer on me and my blues jersey purposely? I'd prolly get pretty pissed and do something to get myself kicked out of union center like punch a Blackhawks an in the face.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
MissouriBlues2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
I hate to burst your bubble but southern Illinois if far more progressive than southern Missouri, instead of lamenting over the civil war they're preparing for the "race war."
I think your post is somewhat sarcastic, but I'm not sure I've ever heard anybody here lament over the Civil War.

Actually Missouri was pretty divided (most of my ancestors were Union, and one great-great Grandfather fought in Arkansas in a Union regiment). If you look at a map of where slaves were in 1860 most were either in the Bootheel or the I-70 corridor (though I-70 didn't exist). People in the Ozarks were generally too poor for slaves and were divided during the war. St. Louis actually had more slaves than most Southern Missouri counties did, at least in the Ozarks part of Southern Missouri.

Just a little history lesson.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
OhNoLookOutRUN

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Blues Fan View Post
I'd be scared to wear a blues jersey into that stadium. Do u think they really would try to spill beer on me and my blues jersey purposely? I'd prolly get pretty pissed and do something to get myself kicked out of union center like punch a Blackhawks an in the face.
Three or four years ago, I took a trip to Chicago with my brother and his kid (who was 6 or 7 at the time) to visit some friends of ours who live there. The friends had landed six tickets to a Hawks/BJ's game, and we went as a big happy bunch. My nephew decided he wanted to wear his Blues jersey, even after we made sure he knew the Blues weren't playing, so we decided to let it go and indulge him. What jackass is gonna mess with a kid, right? So towards the end of the second, my nephew needed to use the bathroom, and I walked him out to where he could do his business.

While he's squeezing it out, some drunk ******* in a Mikita jersey standing next to him cracks a joke to his buddy about how he found a better toilet, turns and starts pissing on my nephew.

I got heated, security showed up, we both got thrown out. Never going to UC again after that crap. I don't judge the entire Blackhawks fanbase by this, but yeah, wherever there's abundant alcohol and any reason to dislike someone else, people will turn into enormous gaping *******s.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Madhouse Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoLookOutRUN View Post
Three or four years ago, I took a trip to Chicago with my brother and his kid (who was 6 or 7 at the time) to visit some friends of ours who live there. The friends had landed six tickets to a Hawks/BJ's game, and we went as a big happy bunch. My nephew decided he wanted to wear his Blues jersey, even after we made sure he knew the Blues weren't playing, so we decided to let it go and indulge him. What jackass is gonna mess with a kid, right? So towards the end of the second, my nephew needed to use the bathroom, and I walked him out to where he could do his business.

While he's squeezing it out, some drunk ******* in a Mikita jersey standing next to him cracks a joke to his buddy about how he found a better toilet, turns and starts pissing on my nephew.

I got heated, security showed up, we both got thrown out. Never going to UC again after that crap. I don't judge the entire Blackhawks fanbase by this, but yeah, wherever there's abundant alcohol and any reason to dislike someone else, people will turn into enormous gaping *******s.
I'm not expert or anything, but I'm pretty sure that any grown man who pees on a 6 or 7 year old is going to face some intense legal issues. That is a very, very serious offense. If I'm not mistaken, that can be regarded as a sexual offense.......

Old
01-22-2013, 06:57 PM
asmarks18

I like 3-0 Blues.

Perron, Frank, and Shatty with goals.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
SirPaste

Ive been to games at the United Center, never had any problems, just friendly trash talking but nothing serious.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

vCash: 645
D'Agostini and Langenbrunner are in, so I guess Reaves and someone else is out. If I had to guess, I'd say Nichol.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:06 PM
OhNoLookOutRUN

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozzer View Post
I'm not expert or anything, but I'm pretty sure that any grown man who pees on a 6 or 7 year old is going to face some intense legal issues. That is a very, very serious offense. If I'm not mistaken, that can be regarded as a sexual offense.......
If I'd responded differently, that most likely would've happened. I wasn't being particularly reasonable at that point. As it was, security just saw two dudes swinging and chucked us both, and he disappeared into the night while I was trying to call my brother and let him know what happened.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:12 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

I had some Hawks fans sit next to me during games at STC and they were cool as hell. They made fun of the stupid PP dance, and how we have youth hockey players scraping the snow off the ice instead of hot girls. They were drunk off their ass after the first period, but they were funny.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Unfortunate to see LAngs in for Reaves. I think Reaves brings much more to the table.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
h22prelude93

How about Shattenkirk leading all defensemen in points. Surprised noone has mentioned that yet.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
D'Agostini and Langenbrunner are in, so I guess Reaves and someone else is out. If I had to guess, I'd say Nichol.

Why sit Reaves against the Hawks? He will be needed

Old
01-22-2013, 07:15 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
That would be a terrible decision by Hitchcock IMO. Dress Reaves against Detroit and Nashville but not Chicago?

Old
01-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Unfortunate to see LAngs in for Reaves. I think Reaves brings much more to the table.
Normally I'd disagree, but against Chicago, I like having someone to take care of Bolig. At least John Scott is gone, though.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post

times 10

Old
01-22-2013, 07:21 PM
homeoftheBlues

I think Nichol is the other one sitting

Old
01-22-2013, 07:21 PM
BlueDream

Lol wow. I was looking forward to a physical rivalry game but nope! Reaves and Nichol are scratched.

We just NEED Langenbrunner in there. Seriously?

Old
01-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Normally I'd disagree, but against Chicago, I like having someone to take care of Bolig. At least John Scott is gone, though.
I just really like his hustle on the forecheck and he adds that element of toughness.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Mike Liut

two 4th line changes shouldn't make that much of a difference. It's good to keep guys fresh and to keep Langs and Dags from getting rusty.

Closed Thread