HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎ ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 08:39 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I understand that - believe me, as a Sens fan we understand the importance of youth taking over for the old guard. That said, this is the first time Kadri has had success at the NHL level and it's only been 2 games. If Gillis asked for him + a 2nd or mid level prospect for a perennially solid goaltender that could finally bolster the position and begin momentum moving forward on a nice 'build from the backend' rebuild - that's already moving forward nice, you cannot say no to that.

Or you can, but IMO it's a mistake.
Are the Leafs poised to win a cup while Lu is still playing high level hockey? I would bet no.

Kadri is 13 years younger then Lu. He will be a part of our core when we become a contender.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
We need help now, look at our 2nd and third line.
It's been two games. Relax. If it's this bad in month then panic.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:41 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Like the trade that brought Lu to Vancouver?
That was all on Keenan. A gift to the Canucks, nothing more than that.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:41 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Wait what?

He drafted Raymond and then brought him back?

I don't follow

Schneider was a give me at his spot, Edler was picked not because Nonis wanted him, but because the head scout heard that Detriot was going to select him and urged Nonis to grab him first.

Bourdon again was a no brainer at 10. Hansen I'll give that one to him

Lu needed to be traded, and Nonis paid dearly for someone who wasn't signed

70 point PF, prospect D and a starter
Sorry brain fart. lol

Point stands that Lu isnt the only good move he made for your franchise

Old
01-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Are the Leafs poised to win a cup while Lu is still playing high level hockey? I would bet no.

Kadri is 13 years younger then Lu. He will be a part of our core when we become a contender.
It's only 11 years and change, but whatever.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:42 PM
rune74

Quote:
Sorry brain fart. lol

Point stands that Lu isnt the only good move he made for your franchise
I honestly think the bad he did out did the good, the owners felt the same way.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:44 PM
rune74

Washington definately need a new goalie...and they don't have a reason they cannot go for lu...we should check with Bob to make sure that could happen.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Steamer

[QUOTE=TOGuy14;58088143]You are correct that it was a massive bargain under the old CBA. That is exactly why they have closed that loophole and added punitive damages to any team who has such contracts, even after the player retires.... That is why it is currently considered an anchor.

Do you seriously think Bettman's revenge will stand up in court , the little troll screwed up last time and now is attempting to creative a retroactive rule. Even if some judge is stupid enough to rule in Bettman's favour, I can see players like Lou Et al developing long term injuries and going on the LTI list just around the time they are ready to quit playing. Fehr and the NHLPA would never agreed to the deal if they really thought that the troll's revenge was enforceable.
---

Old
01-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
I honestly think the bad he did out did the good, the owners felt the same way.
Gotta love being told by someone from another fan base how Nonis did when he was our GM.... Think we've got a good idea on that.

I agree with you any good he did was easily offset by the bad moves he made. Yes he brought in Luongo but if we were given the chance to have Nonis as our GM again would we? Not a chance in hell!

Old
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Peter Griffin

Washington and Philadelphia's goaltending woes continue. Both teams looking to compete now. Luongo could definitely be an option for both teams.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:48 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Washington and Philadelphia's goaltending woes continue. Both teams looking to compete now. Luongo could definitely be an option for both teams.
Philly isn't scared to do a bold move, they might even waive Bryz.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:48 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
All this debate about Luongo and Toronto............it's been rumoured and makes perfect sense that Luongo has turned down Toronto as an option. Why would he want to go to Toronto anyway? They are a horrible team, traditionally poorly managed, they have meddling ownership, very little in the way of young up and coming players and a current group that consistently misses the playoffs. Add to that there is fanbase there as rabid as the one he is coming from.

Sounds like a real paradise?

Toronto is the new Edmonton - unless the player is from Ontario, it has to be one of the least desireable places for any player to want to play.
I thought Lupul was going to run out of town? He couldn't have res-signed faster.

Remember when 5 veterans decdided not to leave Toronto and not waive their NTC's for a chance to win a cup? (Talking about Sundin, Kubina, Mccabe, Tucker, Kaberle) When has that ever happened?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
That may be the case... but it's certainly not a good thing to have the most interested party retract any offer and go in a different direction. It lowers his value.
... until another team comes and replaces Toronto as "the most interested." Presuming Toronto ever held that title to begin with. Regardless, it means nothing. They did not offer anything of substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Taking over 50 million and a 10 year deal off your hands isn't "Nothing".
It is when we do not view that contract as an albatross. If Lu is only a cap dump. Why trade him now in lieu of using him as insurance going into the playoffs?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:50 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Sure, I know him. He usually says my sources are telling me this or he is hearing this. But not this time, he just said it was no closer with no whiff that he had any inside info. He's not going to toronto though so it's ok right?
Does someone have to say the cliche "According to My Sources.." in order for you to believe they talked to their sources?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:51 PM
rune74

Quote:
Does someone have to say the cliche "According to My Sources.." in order for you to believe they talked to their sources?
No, but they usually say I'm hearing or some such. He never did. Whatever, he could be right and he could be wrong, who knows at this point. Not you or I.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Peter Griffin

Bob gives his opinions on matters just as much as he does comment on "news from his sources". The only way Bob would know a Luongo trade is not close at the moment is if he has a source inside the Canucks' organization leaking such information, and I doubt that's the case here. His "gut" feeling is that Gillis is bluffing, nothing more IMO.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:54 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
I thought Lupul was going to run out of town? He couldn't have res-signed faster.

Remember when 5 veterans decdided not to leave Toronto and not waive their NTC's for a chance to win a cup? (Talking about Sundin, Kubina, Mccabe, Tucker, Kaberle) When has that ever happened?
They all had roots in Ontario and did not want to move because of that. It's like Doan.....he could not play for a poorer organiztion but he puts up with it for stability and the community.

No one is beating down Toronto's door to play there. I would not be suprised if Luongo had Toronto on his list..........of teams that he absolutely will not accept a trade to.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:55 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
No, but they usually say I'm hearing or some such. He never did. Whatever, he could be right and he could be wrong, who knows at this point. Not you or I.
No, not all the time. Not in a tweet that's a couple of lines. I think with Bob's reputation he's past that in every brief tweet he makes. Of course he talked to people about it.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
Does anyone think Luongo could make an impact in Detroit, or is it just me who thinks Howard wont be able to carry this team into the post season for the first time in forever.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
gongshowmonkey

what are the odds Luongo gets traded tonight to Philly?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
They all had roots in Ontario and did not want to move because of that. It's like Doan.....he could not play for a poorer organiztion but he puts up with it for stability and the community.

No one is beating down Toronto's door to play there. I would not be suprised if Luongo had Toronto on his list..........of teams that he absolutely will not accept a trade to.
3 out of the 5 weren't even from the continent.

Toronto is a great place to play.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frea_K View Post
Does anyone think Luongo could make an impact in Detroit, or is it just me who thinks Howard wont be able to carry this team into the post season for the first time in forever.
I mentioned it awhile back. Detroit has huge holes on defense with no immediate help on the horizon so an improvement in net could be something that would interest them. Ken Holland has mentioned in the past that he likes Luongo as well.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Linden*
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshowmonkey View Post
what are the odds Luongo gets traded tonight to Philly?
bryz hasn't been as bad as his stats look, doubt any team gets desprate until 10 games in

Old
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
rocketxav9

would caps fans do this trade: johansson for luongo ?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:59 PM
rune74

Quote:
3 out of the 5 weren't even from the continent.

Toronto is a great place to play.
Hey you are right if you want a shorter season.

Closed Thread