HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to Pit

Old
01-22-2013, 12:23 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Where would J.Morrow fit in the Oilers future.
He would be the bomb from the point on the pp.

Penguins would be crazy to trade him.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Orpik would really round out our defence, brings an element were sorely lacking in the top 4. I wouldnt want to be the team that would have to face Orpik and Fistric in a 7 game series.

We'd have the face the reality of having Hartikainen on the 2nd line left wing, which could be interesting because he's got a ton of tenacity.

Gager can play playmaker and Yakupov can still play sniper, but that line for sure pressures Yak to produce a helluva lot more... but you're right.

Smid, Petry, Oprik and Fistric would beat opposing forwards into submission.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangInTheSO View Post
Both could be on the table. Orpik would be difficult for the Pens to replace (lots of d men in the pipeline but not really a physical shutdown guy like Orpik). Losing Kunitz creates a hole, but one that is partially filled by Hemsky. Can Hemsky play on the left? I like Hemsky - Crosby - Dupuis more than I like Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis...

You are truly blinded. Hemsky is fragile. Hemsky couldn't give Pittsburgh what Kunitz does. Shero would laugh if Edmonton asked for either Kunitz or Orpik for Hemsky. Stop the madness. There is NO MATCH. Not trying to start anything, but do you watch hockey? If you did, you would realize that neither of these guys would be going to Edmonton for Hemsky. No chance.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Where would J.Morrow fit in the Oilers future.
He wouldn't because Shero won't be trading him.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
We'd have the face the reality of having Hartikainen on the 2nd line left wing, which could be interesting because he's got a ton of tenacity.

Gager can play playmaker and Yakupov can still play sniper, but that line for sure pressures Yak to produce a helluva lot more... but you're right.

Smid, Petry, Oprik and Fistric would beat opposing forwards into submission.

Why dream about Orpik being in Edmonton when its not realistic?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:49 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
He wouldn't because Shero won't be trading him.
There will come a time when Shero will deal one of his offensive minded D prospects. He is collecting them because he knows the true value of them. Look at his two major deals involving them. Whitney to Anaheim for Kunitz and Tangradi. That is a major win for Pittsburgh, even if Tangradi hasn't done anything. Gogo to Dallas for Neal and Niskanen.

Morrow might be on the move at some point, or might be the heir apparent to Letang. We have no idea. However, if he moves, he will be going for a major player, not an Ales Hemsky type.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Needles

Only way I can see Edmonton moving Hemsky this year is in a package for Jamie Benn.

Hemsky + Gagner +

for

Benn +

Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
There will come a time when Shero will deal one of his offensive minded D prospects. He is collecting them because he knows the true value of them. Look at his two major deals involving them. Whitney to Anaheim for Kunitz and Tangradi. That is a major win for Pittsburgh, even if Tangradi hasn't done anything. Gogo to Dallas for Neal and Niskanen.

Morrow might be on the move at some point, or might be the heir apparent to Letang. We have no idea. However, if he moves, he will be going for a major player, not an Ales Hemsky type.
Shero would have to have his head stuck in a glue bag to deal Morrow for Hemsky, and I am a huge fan of Hemsky.

No prospect is untouchable, but I'm quite sure Morrow would be the last guy Shero deals. He is their only blueline prospect that could potentially play in every situation if he works out.

No way Shero moves him in a deal like this.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Why dream about Orpik being in Edmonton when its not realistic?
no worries about that because i wouldn't ask for him if we traded Hemsky to the Pens. feel free to keep him.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:58 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Shero would have to have his head stuck in a glue bag to deal Morrow for Hemsky, and I am a huge fan of Hemsky.

No prospect is untouchable, but I'm quite sure Morrow would be the last guy Shero deals. He is their only blueline prospect that could potentially play in every situation if he works out.

No way Shero moves him in a deal like this.
I never said he would move Morrow in a deal like this. Remember, I think Hemsky is only worth a second round pick at best.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I never said he would move Morrow in a deal like this. Remember, I think Hemsky is only worth a second round pick at best.
You're entitled to your opinion, but even Andrew Cogliano(who was an unsigned RFA at the time) garnered a 2nd round pick from ANA.
HF Perception < Reality

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Lacaar

The ideal trade for Hemsky is Hemsky type player defence.

- Hemsky's not valuable enough to get a young D-man that's making an impact.
- Edmonton has d prospects and really doesn't need to get younger anyways. Although I'll admit this may be the only way to truly win a trade... can truly lose a trade this way too.

- Ideally it would be a 27-30 year old D-man that's had some injury history and hasn't made his way back to pre injurred form. Risk being if he returns to it or not. If he does.. very solid player. If not.. bum.

There that's Hemsky as a defenceman hehe.

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
rockinghockey

To be realistic PIT is not going to trade Letang or Orpik, Hemsky is worth more than a 2nd round pick. EDM is not going to trade Hemsky unless they are out of the playoff race. If they are out of the playoff race and Hemsky is healthy I can see:
Despres, 1st 3rd for Hemsky
Whitney would probally also get traded so Despres would replace Whitney.
That would give us
Schultz; Schultz
Smid; Petry
Despres; Klefbom
for next season. I would be ok with that, but only if we are out of the playoffs.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
To be realistic PIT is not going to trade Letang or Orpik, Hemsky is worth more than a 2nd round pick. EDM is not going to trade Hemsky unless they are out of the playoff race. If they are out of the playoff race and Hemsky is healthy I can see:
That would give us
Schultz; Schultz
Smid; Petry
Despres; Klefbom
for next season. I would be ok with that, but only if we are out of the playoffs.
The trade doesn't help the Oilers in their areas of need, you could do better elsewhere.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
You are truly blinded. Hemsky is fragile. Hemsky couldn't give Pittsburgh what Kunitz does. Shero would laugh if Edmonton asked for either Kunitz or Orpik for Hemsky. Stop the madness. There is NO MATCH. Not trying to start anything, but do you watch hockey? If you did, you would realize that neither of these guys would be going to Edmonton for Hemsky. No chance.
Hemsky plays a style that puts him at risk for injury. He isn't as fragile as he was and is now finally healthy.

Having Hemsky move the puck up the wing would make it much safer for Crosby who usually has to do it himself. This puts him at risk.

He might not get love on HF, but Hemsky still has 1st line talent in him, and with a guy like Crosby he could put up way more points than Kunitz would.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
That would give us
Schultz; Schultz
Smid; Petry
Despres; Klefbom
You are out of your mind to think we would give up Despres, 1st and a 3rd for Hemsky.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
KIRK

Quote:
That would give us
Schultz; Schultz
Smid; Petry
Despres; Klefbom
I'm not sure that I can see it, not with, for example, Flames and Pens fans, on balance, agreeing that Despres and a 1st is a reasonable deal for Iginla.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:59 PM
zeus3007*

Aside from the obvious superstar caliber players, I think the Oilers would need one of the following guys to be included to consider a deal:

James Neal (Pittsburgh says no easily)
Kris Letang (Pittsburgh says no easily)
Brandon Sutter
Chris Kunitz
Brooks Orpik

If none of those guys are on the table, then neither is Hemsky.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:02 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Aside from the obvious superstar caliber players, I think the Oilers would need one of the following guys to be included to consider a deal:

James Neal (Pittsburgh says no easily)
Kris Letang (Pittsburgh says no easily)
Brandon Sutter
Chris Kunitz
Brooks Orpik

If none of those guys are on the table, then neither is Hemsky.
What a joke. Hemsky isn't worth any of those players.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:05 PM
LetangInTheSO

Quote:
What a joke. Hemsky isn't worth any of those players.
Not that I would make the trade if I were GMRS, but it's certainly arguable that he's worth any of the last 3 on that list (Sutter, Orpik, Kunitz)

LetangInTheSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:09 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Not that I would make the trade if I were GMRS, but it's certainly arguable that he's worth any of the last 3 on that list (Sutter, Orpik, Kunitz)
I don't think you watch any games. Sutter is a very good two-way center. He does WAY MORE than Hemsky for three million less. Hemsky doesn't win face-offs; he doesn't play defense; and doesn't use the body. Orpik is a physical Dman that Pittsburgh won't trade for a Hemsky. That is laughable. Kunitz brings more to the table than Hemsky does. It's not even arguable.

Why did you even start this thread. I can't see how a Penguin fan would even consider Sutter, Orpik or Kunitz on the same level as Hemsky. He isn't. Any knowledgeable hockey fan knows this.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:43 PM
LetangInTheSO

Quote:
I don't think you watch any games. Sutter is a very good two-way center. He does WAY MORE than Hemsky for three million less. Hemsky doesn't win face-offs; he doesn't play defense; and doesn't use the body. Orpik is a physical Dman that Pittsburgh won't trade for a Hemsky. That is laughable. Kunitz brings more to the table than Hemsky does. It's not even arguable.

Why did you even start this thread. I can't see how a Penguin fan would even consider Sutter, Orpik or Kunitz on the same level as Hemsky. He isn't. Any knowledgeable hockey fan knows this.
Not many, just every Pens game (save 1 or 2 a season) for the last decade.

To see what the Oilers would want in return for Hemsky.

As for the rest of your post, I won't bother...I guess only in your world is the idea of Kunitz for Hensky "not even arguably" fair value...

LetangInTheSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Not many, just every Pens game (save 1 or 2 a season) for the last decade.

To see what the Oilers would want in return for Hemsky.

As for the rest of your post, I won't bother...I guess only in your world is the idea of Kunitz for Hensky "not even arguably" fair value...
Oiler fans overrate this guy terribly to the extent I'm shocked they aren't asking for Malkin. He is fragile and doesn't produce anymore. His last 20-goal season was 08-09. He only has two 20-goal seasons on his resume. His numbers are on the decline, not on the rise. Kunitz has four on his resume, including back to back plus 20 goal seasons with Pittsburgh the last two years. He has chemistry with his linemates and he adds important grit at forward.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Well... a team allowing 6 goals at home in the first period has some issues.
Not completely sure a 5 million dollar winger more fits with our cap-structure for next year though. Not too many places we can cut unless a few D-men really make it big time.

In that case of course Paul Martin would be relevant as Edmonton's would be best D-man.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Well... a team allowing 6 goals at home in the first period has some issues.
Not completely sure a 5 million dollar winger more fits with our cap-structure for next year though. Not too many places we can cut unless a few D-men really make it big time.

In that case of course Paul Martin would be relevant as Edmonton's would be best D-man.
LOL ... I was going to come back with this. That said, Martin has looked good the first two games.